• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like little animals like that.

You are a bit lucky actually - vets use a special tool to removes ticks - using tweasers can quite often leave the head and jaws behind in the host.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I have the black death. At least thats what it feels like. Proper man-flu.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    I have the black death. At least thats what it feels like. Proper man-flu.

I am also riddled with this.
    Can-of-sprite
  • God speed fellas. I've had it for three weeks now, with zero sign of getting better. It's an absolute stinker this year.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just had a team meeting where multiple people were coughing and spluttering. I sneezed afterwards and have an annoying tickly feeling in my throat... bastards!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sinus is killing me. Pressure in the left cheek is building and getting very painful. Doctor tomorrow but my face might explode before then. Can't seem to alleviate it - tried paracetamol, irrigation with salty water, etc.
  • I'm finding this one is particularly good for that...
    5a2cf507-347d-42e1-a387-78bd8d8ad984.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bah, no chance of getting that here today.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In Spain availability of sinus treatments on a Sunday is the fuck?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Availability of anything on a Sunday is the fuck.
  • Spain knows.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Been laid low with a cold again, had quite a few this year. Part of it has to be the new flat i’m sure, never seems to get or stay warm. Over the past three or four nights i’ve been averaging 3-5 hours sleep too, one night I didn’t get to bed until 7am. Loada shite.
  • Lack of sleep fucks your immune system, I reckon. It’s amazing how much healthier anyone gets with just proper hydration and sleep patterns.
  • I’ve not been sleeping because of my nose being a mess, vicious cycle.

I am pretty sure I got ill because of the Uni quitting stress, and not really knowing what my next move is.
  • Aye, I've had this rancid head cold that's doing the rounds for almost four weeks now. It's a fucking stinker.
  • Have you been to the doc's g?
  • Yup.
  • Going back on Tuesday too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Going to the doctor is always a mistake. I got my antibiotics but also got coerced into making appointments for blood and piss tests, cardigangrams, polygraph tests, electroshock therapy and who knows what else.
  • I also have has a cold and it's been about 4 weeks. It's not man flu but it is annoying and the semi-permanent cough that goes with it is kinda making me think I've probably got lung cancer too.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • This is my second week of it. Blurgh.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I have an infected cuticle on my left middle finger. Hurts like hell and looks even worse - it's so swollen it has made the top of the finger about three times larger than normal. And given it a nice shade of purplish red. Oh and there's plenty of pus.

Haven't had time to visit the doc but probably should.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Kow wrote:
    Going to the doctor is always a mistake. I got my antibiotics but also got coerced into making appointments for blood and piss tests, cardigangrams, polygraph tests, electroshock therapy and who knows what else.

Last time I went to the doc for a lingering cold he threw antibiotics at me too. That was when I discovered I am now allergic to penicillin. Was on my birthday too. Fun times.

• Silke wrote:
    I have an infected cuticle on my left middle finger. Hurts like hell and looks even worse - it's so swollen it has made the top of the finger about three times larger than normal. And given it a nice shade of purplish red. Oh and there's plenty of pus. Haven't had time to visit the doc but probably should.

Sounds like a paronychia.  Soaking in warm water offers some relief, and hastens the draining of pus, I'd also take paracetamol or ibuprofen.  However, given the swelling, and build up of pus I'd see a doctor asap, to see if they can drain it for you, and perhaps with a view to antibiotics.  It's not a good one to just ignore, as if left too long you can end up with a cellulitis.  (Though if you're lucky it may just drain and get better - but I wouldn't chance it.)
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Silke wrote:
    I have an infected cuticle on my left middle finger. Hurts like hell and looks even worse - it's so swollen it has made the top of the finger about three times larger than normal. And given it a nice shade of purplish red. Oh and there's plenty of pus. Haven't had time to visit the doc but probably should.
    Sounds like a paronychia.  Soaking in warm water offers some relief, and hastens the draining of pus, I'd also take paracetamol or ibuprofen.  However, given the swelling, and build up of pus I'd see a doctor asap, to see if they can drain it for you, and perhaps with a view to antibiotics.  It's not a good one to just ignore, as if left too long you can end up with a cellulitis.  (Though if you're lucky it may just drain and get better - but I wouldn't chance it.)

Well that has me worried about myself now. I got a lump in each eyelid ~4 months back following a stye / infected eye (just the one). One of the eyelid lumps move down and became a little mound of fleshy pulp that eventually got a tiny white head, and has now just about almost gone. The other eye is still at the lump-in-eyelid stage.

I saw a doc about this about 2 months back, once the initial infection / stye had cleared, and she said to keep using drops, which I did, until they ran out.

I should probably go back to her and see what the deal is.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well my lower right eyelid swelled up for a few days, I thought it was just allergies as there was no stye but I'm left with a hard lump in the bastard. Been told that it should go if I keep up the warm water eye bathing but it's still here so I've got another appointment at the doctor's, 27th of December. I'm going to suggest taking a knife to it.
  • "Hi Mr. Sparky, we're going to have to amputate your eyelids"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I know a few people who've had those lumps in the eyelids. It's a quick job under the knife, one stitch each and done.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Back in May this was, the swelling. It's deffo not shifting of its own accord.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!