Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Done and done. Just been getting real bored at home whilst Nicki (that is her name, embarassingly) has been off on a jolly in Croatia with her mate. Que week night street fighter lobbies and plenty of booze.

I feel the beplaguement fading now, it's all good.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Salt in a glass of water, up each nostril and out mouth. Paracetamol. Bed. Hey presto, no sinus problem.
  • I can't imagine being able to do that without a coughing fit and/or puking a little...
  • I poured salt water into my eye to get rid of a sty. It sort of helped but the pain was incredible.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck that Kow, I'd probably drown myself.
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    g.man drink loads of cranberry juice. It's cleared up a bladder infection both times I've had one within days. Why your sinuses blocked? Thai Green curry extra fucking hot.

Or, you know, use medicine.  Which you appear to be doing, so well done.  Loads of stuff available for symptomatic sinus relief.
  • Suddenly very cold, chilled to the bone, but my skin is roasting. I'm in a hoodie with the hood up with just enough open to see, but pulled tight enough so my breath keeps me warm. I also have the heating on.
    I fear I may die or become undead. I made a nice dinner and can't be arsed eating it. I'll keep you updated.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Scotswahey wrote:
    g.man drink loads of cranberry juice. It's cleared up a bladder infection both times I've had one within days. Why your sinuses blocked? Thai Green curry extra fucking hot.
    Or, you know, use medicine.  Which you appear to be doing, so well done.  Loads of stuff available for symptomatic sinus relief.

Whats the issue. He gets a curry and his nose will clear. Medicine is for sick people.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Spent all night sweating while shivering in a soaking wet bed. I feel like shite. I'm guessing this is swine flu. No cough or sore throat, I just suddenly became feverish and sore all over like I ceased up, yesterday.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Doesn't sound ideal.  Phoning NHS Direct might be an idea (0845 4647).
  • Spent all night sweating while shivering in a soaking wet bed. I feel like shite. I'm guessing this is swine flu. No cough or sore throat, I just suddenly became feverish and sore all over like I ceased up, yesterday.
    Sounds like that fuckawful bug I had a couple of months ago.

nasty nasty stuff

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 'm guessing this is swine flu. No cough or sore throat, I just suddenly became feverish and sore all over like I ceased up, yesterday.

Pop to hospital, in all seriousness.  Swine flu seems to really like to pick on people of a certain age.  I caught it aged 31, and it very nearly killed me.  2 or 3 on-call doctors visited me and said "nahh, just flu," but when I got to the stage of some severe night-time hallucinations and vomiting up even just water, they finally admitted me and tested me properly.

It was swine flu, and if you're late 20s/30s then it has a habit of badly affecting your liver and kidneys.  I developed pneumonia, some other condition where the lung swells up, and went into incipient liver failure before getting better, and that was only because I was hooked up to intravenous antibiotics and being injected with H1N1 vaccine for what seemed like forever.  

They left me with phlebitis, because they didn't change my cannula for a week.  By the end I did think something was wrong, because even squirting saline into it before attaching more antibiotics felt like I was having burning petrol injected into me.  

Anyway, unlike most normal flu things I'd say it's really worth getting checked out, so please ring for a doc or something.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking hell, bad times there Elm.

Get well soon Lawrence.
  • Get well soon lawro.

Woke up with a ridiculous sore right calf muscle. But I now look like a flipping girl after elms post so I'll shut up. And hobble off. Laters.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I have had an intermittent but really rather painful headache for a week.  I am going to the doctor.
  • I had intermittent but horrendous headache issue for months.  As I suspected it were muscles in my neck and up into the base of my skull which were becoming inflamed and though the GP was predictably useless ("take some painkillers and come back in a month if it's still not better"), a couple of visits to my chiro (and a bag of frozen peas) sorted it out.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    'm guessing this is swine flu. No cough or sore throat, I just suddenly became feverish and sore all over like I ceased up, yesterday.
    Pop to hospital, in all seriousness.
    If you have suspected swine flu, shouldn't you stay away from hospital/doctors until told otherwise by a doctor?  Get on the phone before you go anywhere.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My fucking arthritis on shit fucking days like this why does God hate me I've never punched a kitten or anything
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Maybe you should.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We aren't allowed 'em in these flats so I'd probably have to just pinch a budgie or tickle a rabbit instead
  • Apparently I have a migraine, although he did say more than once "I'm trying to talk myself out of that" which was a little worrying.  But he seems reasonably confident my head isn't literally about to explode, and I now have pretty pink and yellow pills that would blend in wonderfully with a bag of mixed sweets.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I am a hypochondriac. It's annoying. Is there anything I can't take for it?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That would definitely kill me.
  • Fish. Eat lots of fish.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Feeling suitably groggy and i've been sneezing throughout the day. Probably to do with my window being open at night to enjoy the rain pitter-patter as I nod off.
  • Woke up at 3.33 this morning feeling dodgy and have been shitting the world on and off since. Also feeling hot (although it really is hot) and achey. Haven't bothered eating anything yet, as I fear the outcome.
  • Don't worry - that's just what happens if you wake up at 3.33am.  In future I'd also try to avoid 4.44 and 5.55 too.
  • I was sick in Greece once when I was fourteen. I don't know if this helps at all?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!