Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Hmmmmmm. It was a walk in (heh) centre. Can feel my pulse in the joint, every heart beat makes it hurt?
  • Just been admitted to the burns unit in Sheffield. Got a pretty severe chemical burn from some acid on Sunday which is now incredibly infected. Whole of my left forearm more or less. I’m in for a few days it seems and I’m pretty unwell. On iv’s already which is speedy and the care has been amazing but sheesh I don’t know, prey for Matts arm I guess? Not good.
  • Jesus christ bro, get well soon, that sounds horrific.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I can post slightly grotty pics if anyone wants to look. Had to have pics taken at the gp and sent to the hospital before they would consider seeing me. My gp didn’t have a camera so used my phone.

I mean it’s nothing like that scene with the toxic waste in Robocop or owt but I really wish my arm didn’t look and feel like it does. Plus! Left tucking hander aren’t I...
  • Bloody hell mate.
    Try to rest and let your body and the docs do their thing.
  • That's awful Unc! Hoping for a speedy recovery mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Get well soon, unc!
  • Jesus Christ, that sounds horrid. Hope you get healed up soon mate
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hope they dose you up with good drugs. No pics please.
  • Ouch, hope you have a speedy recovery! Might need a new fave uncle in the meantime, any volunteers?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was thinking your brother maybe?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yoiks. Yup hope you recover soon! Was that a work injury / can you sue for big dollar? Or just mucking about with explosives in your garden shed etc?
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Hmmmmmm. It was a walk in (heh) centre. Can feel my pulse in the joint, every heart beat makes it hurt?

Hmmm, yeah that rings a bell. At its worst, gout feels like someone hitting your big toe with a hammer any time you move. It's like a combination of an incredibly acute stabbing pain and a chronic throbbing grinding feeling like there's ground up glass in your joint.

To me it often feels like someone has hammered a wooden splint about 9 inches long under your toenail and up the entire length of your foot, causing stiffness so severe that you can't even begin to think about bending any part of the inside of your foot.

See a proper GP if you can and get the blood test
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Also - fucking hell uncle that sounds grim. Hope you feel better soon
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yoiks. Yup hope you recover soon! Was that a work injury / can you sue for big dollar? Or just mucking about with explosives in your garden shed etc?

Lionel Hutz over here.

Good luck uncle, hopefully it's just a few weeks of treatment. Get well

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jeez guys, hope the recovery is swift for both for you
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Gremill wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Hmmmmmm. It was a walk in (heh) centre. Can feel my pulse in the joint, every heart beat makes it hurt?
    Hmmm, yeah that rings a bell. At its worst, gout feels like someone hitting your big toe with a hammer any time you move. It's like a combination of an incredibly acute stabbing pain and a chronic throbbing grinding feeling like there's ground up glass in your joint. To me it often feels like someone has hammered a wooden splint about 9 inches long under your toenail and up the entire length of your foot, causing stiffness so severe that you can't even begin to think about bending any part of the inside of your foot. See a proper GP if you can and get the blood 
    test
    Yeah, I'll echo this as I have the same problem as Grem with occasional gout in my big toe (can be either foot), and it originally appeared out of the blue and left my doctor scratching his head as to why I'd suddenly got it as there was no medical or dietary reason for it's appearance. just one of those things, and as Grem says it's horrifically painful, but can be easily treated with a course of Naproxen. Might not be what you're suffering with Griff, but it's certainly worth getting checked out for it.
  • Thanks lads, your support is really welcome, and gratefully received.
  • I can post slightly grotty pics if anyone wants to look. Had to have pics taken at the gp and sent to the hospital before they would consider seeing me. My gp didn’t have a camera so used my phone. I mean it’s nothing like that scene with the toxic waste in Robocop or owt but I really wish my arm didn’t look and feel like it does. Plus! Left tucking hander aren’t I...

Holy shit, that sounds awful. Hope you recover soon.

Also yeah no pics thanks, we'll take your word for it... :)
  • Just been admitted to the burns unit in Sheffield. Got a pretty severe chemical burn from some acid on Sunday which is now incredibly infected. Whole of my left forearm more or less. I’m in for a few days it seems and I’m pretty unwell. On iv’s already which is speedy and the care has been amazing but sheesh I don’t know, prey for Matts arm I guess? Not good.

Bloody hell. Fingers crossed for you. I guess just chill out and let the NHS do its thing. Shout if we can send anything down to keep your mind off it – books, movies, whatever.
  • I kinda want to see the pics.

Hope everyone feels better.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Best of luck uncle, I hope it feels more serious than it is and you're up and running again soon.
  • Hello.  Just want to post a public apology to Griff for derailing his health issues in here yesterday.  It was rude of me and I kinda just posted without thinking/reading.
    So yeah, I try to be courteous and polite where I can so, erm, sorry man I hope you’re feeling better.
  • How's the arm mate?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's the ills thread, not the Griff thread. You don't need to apologise at all. We're all capable of following two conversations at the same time. Hope you're feeling better.
  • Hello.  Just want to post a public apology to Griff for derailing his health issues in here yesterday.  It was rude of me and I kinda just posted without thinking/reading.
    So yeah, I try to be courteous and polite where I can so, erm, sorry man I hope you’re feeling better.
    Pffft, you have nothing to apologise about. I hurt my toe... My fucking toe!... My paper cut is fine lads. I had a wobble with what might have been some nerve pain but I am, at the very least, one million times better. What I came to realise is that people here give a fuck, and Unc, you have nothing to feel bad about.
  • FYI I was so close calling you out as a prick for stealing my thunder with your your arm thing like Skeletor gave to that lad in the 1980s He-man film. X
  • g.man wrote:
    How's the arm mate?
    Maybe worse than I thought?  Dunno, really. 4th degree to about 1/4 of my forearm and I thought it stopped at third degree so I’m already losing.  There’s then 2nd and 3rd degree to about another 1/2 of my arm.  It’s badly infected and I’m feeling it.
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    FYI I was so close calling you out as a prick for stealing my thunder with your your arm thing like Skeletor gave to that lad in the 1980s He-man film. X

Genuinely felt like a dick when I read back.  You coulda gone Skeletor on me, no doubt.

I’m not a prolific poster but I don’t think I can do much more than read rn so thanks everyone but I’m not going to visibly at least be around.  Can maybe pm nick his grot pics of the arm if he wants em.
  • Shit, that sounds bad! Hang in there dude, you’re still our favourite uncle.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Aye, hoping they can fix you up mate. Sounds awful.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!