ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah but if we went by total weight of all hair, yo'd probably rank pretty high
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    who doesn't love a page turn mystery??
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The worst thing about being hairy is not knowing where to stop when trimming ya pubes.
  • Just above the neck.
  • I got a peanut stuck up my nose when I was a kid. Had to get it removed from the doc. Hope the arm's getting better unc. And I'm not the first person to ask this but... how the heck did it happen?
  • Scout wrote:
    I got a peanut stuck up my nose when I was a kid. Had to get it removed from the doc. Hope the arm's getting better unc. And I'm not the first person to ask this but... how the heck did it happen?

Brick acid is used to remove cement residue from bricks and tiles and what have you.  I use it often through work but this was as part of the bathroom I’m doing at home.  It’s actually fairly mild and doesn’t require a license for use or anything.  Used some acid to remove adhesive dust on the wall tiles before I grouted them but the acid reacted with something strangely on the wall or tile, melted straight through my fucking protective gloves in seconds and then ran down my arm.  I’ll spoiler a pic below from the day after the accident and a day or two before it got really bad.

Warning; mild grot
    Spoiler:
  • And a day or two after the pic above and a slightly less pleasant pic.  I stopped taking them after this as the interest turned to pain management and survival.
    Spoiler:
  • Tis but a scratch!

Really though, yeeesh. Hope you're ok mate.
  • Yikes. Get well soon!
  • Holy fuck I clicked on that second spoiler. 

Hope you have a speedy recovery uncle and the grafting goes well.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Jees uncle, that 2nd pic. Feck. Hope you get better soon buddy. Hope the family is ok as well. If there is anything we can do to help (we aint offering skin grafts just so you know) you know you can ask.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    NOT CLICKING FUCK THAT SHIT
  • Fucking amazing special effects nunc
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jesus fuck Unc, I've noticed I've pulled a concerned face
  • Jesus Christ!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I actually thought the photos would be worse. I guess it is localised spots that burnt deep.
    Also I'm colour blind so everything looks fine.
    I cant even see sun burn.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Quick question: got the tip of a cotton bud stuck in my ear, wait till gp opens tomorrow and see them about it, or A&E? Seems a bit trivial for a hospital visit.

It's a bit late now, but for future reference - if no pain reasonable to wait until the next day but it's not a "sit on it and see if it works its way out" scenario. Stuff like that can easily get infected.

Equally, never try and remove it yourself.  Pretty much everybody does, and pretty much everybody shoves it further in. 

Also...  I spend half my life saying this to people but never put cotton buds in your ear.  It's not what they're for (in fact somewhere on the packaging it will explicitly tell you not to) and they make a mess of your ear canal.

Meanwhile, Uncle, I'm glad things are moving the right way.  It's never fun to be "fascinating" to doctors, but hopefully the infection will heal soon, and they can get on with grafting it. I'm just glad that it sounds like you got to them in time.

Griff - hope your toe's better.  Agree it sounds quite gout like (though that often shows up on x-ray). An anti-inflammatory will treat gout as well as regular inflammation so worth taking if you don't have stomach issues. If it's getting worse then (obviously) see a doctor again as could be infected.  Even if it's better, it's worth asking your GP if you can get your uric acid levels checked - not urgent but if it's consistently high it can increase your risk of cardiovascular disease as well as recurrent gout, so worth testing.  (It's relatively easy to get back down with treatment and/or diet.)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dad advice: Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.
  • It got an awful lot better with ice etc. Drank a load of beer and had a giant steak to see if it would exacerbate the problem but it hasn't. Still bruising on the outside of the joint.
  • Dad advice: Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.

Also, never eat anything bigger than your own head. No idea why.

Uncle: jeezochristo, that's a bad one you've got there! Hope it heals soon.

Tin: I know, I know. I used to be ocd about my ears when I was a sound engineer, I really should know better. Need to put the doc off till tomorrow, as I'm waiting for an engineer to come see if my oven can be fixed, cooking for junior is a higher priority than stereophonic hearing just now, but I'll definitely go, my left ear was my good one!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Where should I stick cotton buds if not in my ear? Answers on a stamped addressed envelope.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why would you use a stamped addressed envelope? Fuck sake.
  • Update: oven fixed, woohoo! So, called the gp, they were gonna call back with a phone consultation. Called back, doc said piss off to A&E, get them to dig it out. Bonzer.
  • Kow wrote:
    Where should I stick cotton buds if not in my ear? Answers on a stamped addressed envelope.

Up your urethra.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I use cotton buds to clean the outside of my ear. So the rim around the entrance to the ear canal, the bit round the edge that has a sort of lip to it and the bit next to the ear canal. There are probably technical names for these.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Lugs, I think
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    tabs in the east mids, which confused the hell out of me, because I thought a tab was a ciggie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!