Which ailments currently beplague you
  • Well I got made redundant last month. But other than that everyones fine. Kids are 6 and 14 now. Job hunting right now is murder though.

What's the scoop with you? Still with the BBC?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Still freelance mate. Lost all my work to the lockdown, and I'm basically back at square one after twenty-five years of graft. Still, there's people much worse off than me, so it's onwards and upwards from here really.
    Can't believe how old your kids are now! Where the hell does the time go? Anyhoo, glad to hear you're all well, and good luck with the job hunting mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Started feeling nauseous this morning at about 11, then dizzy. Been lying down since then, every time I try to get up everything starts spinning and I feel sick. Probably inner ear or something, not sure if I can wait it out.
  • Are you sure you aren't drunk?
  • That happens with unprotected ear sex.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck sake
  • Kow wrote:
    Fuck stapes

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I have had this a few times (think allergies aren't helping, not sure what I'm allergic to but it's obviously something at home I wasn't always around usually...). But with mine it goes away in a couple of hours.

It fucking sucks though, most likely inner ear as you said. If you still feel rotten tomorrow might be worth a phone call to the doctor. If it get's worse later then maybe call tonight? 

My mum also gets random vertigo attacks, usually when cleaning etc and having to go from sitting/crouching to standing a lot. That would last almost 2 days and she wouldn't be able to open her eyes for the first day without throwing up... Hope it's not that!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I'm hoping it will pass in a while. I'm ok once I'm lying down, but I have to look after a two year old for the rest of the evening so that'll be tough.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Are you eating well? Amature Internet diagnosis ahoy but the symptoms sound similar to when my wife was suffering from iron deficiency.
  • Try eating your iron. But turn it off first.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I feel 80% ok now, dizziness is gone. I think I eat well, definitely plenty of iron. If it happens again I'll have to get it checked out. Definitely don't want Meniere's.
  • I was gonna say it sounds like blood pressure related issue.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There is something to do with ear crystals.
  • My sister in law gets vertigo quite a lot and you're symptoms sound similar. It absolutely floors her and seems to be brought about by stress.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, from what I've read it's vertigo. Never had it before.
  • Kow wrote:
    I feel 80% ok now, dizziness is gone. I think I eat well, definitely plenty of iron. If it happens again I'll have to get it checked out. Definitely don't want Meniere's.

Most likely trigger is vestibular neuritis (or labyrinthitis, which is similar, but not quite the same). The good news is that in the majority of people it settles after a few days (though last time I had it, it lasted nearly 2 weeks, because I'm special). The bad news is that it often comes in waves, so it may recur before it goes away for good.

If it does flare again speak to your GP as there are various drugs than can help improve it (essentially specifically targeted antihistamines, if you can't get to a GP, a chemist may be able to give you travel sickness pills which may do the job).

Other causes of vertigo in generally fit and healthy people are migraine, or Benign Positional Vertigo.  The latter is the thing caused by crystals that Griff referenced, and as indicated by the name is very much tied to specific positions of the head. If you get this see your GP and they can do a thing called the Epley Manouvre which helps dislodge the crystals. As for migraine, well, you'll probably know if that's the case, though it's worth noting that some people (again, me included) get migraines with only vertigo and visual symptoms, without headache.  If it's a recurring thing then that could be the cause.

The very-unlikely-but-ultimately-speak-to-your-doctor-if-unsure cause is a very specific form of stroke or TIA which can cause sudden onset vertigo. This is a difficult one to prove - some tests/examinations can help, but even CT/MRI isn't 100% for excluding. If you already know that you're high risk for that sort of thing see a doctor straight away, but otherwise it's much more likely to be vestibular neuritis, or another benign trigger.  If I were you I think I'd be speaking to a GP/pharmacist with a view to getting something for the vertigo and taking it from there.

Also, you have my sympathy.  I get vertigo a lot and I hate it - hope it resolves completely soon.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cheers Tin, much appreciated.
  • I get vertigo a lot too and I too think it fucking awful. I have it mildly rn and it’s ruined my day.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora has a fever of 38.1. I'm fine but have to stay off today. And there's no fucking testing slots available.
  • In A&E for a broken big toe. Sucks. One dude here is like a textbook NHS hero. Name of Basil. Some people seem born to this profession
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oof what happened?
  • Gotta go some to break your big toe?
    Drop something on it?
  • Fucking retarded oxno is what happened
  • Oh no more ozno sex stories incoming.

Hope it gets mended!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cambabe sucked it into dust.
  • Tried to put it in your bum?
  • I was having a kickabout with my friend and his toddler. In a woodland clearing off a path. In my Arab Adidas slippers. I had a warning 20 mins before, as I stubbed by other foot on a piece of protruding corrugated iron thingy. Didn't cut through it. Later going downhill, I tripped on something/twisted sort of thing. Blood pouring and I heard a crack. I knew it was trouble when it happened, looked down expecting my toe to be at 90degrees. But it wasn't so bad looking.

Back from A&E. Be n given some kind of Japanese geisha shoes, tetanus shot, antibiotics, and a follow up in a few days.
  • cringe
    I've folded my toes the wrong way too many times to not have a good idea how that felt.
    Rest up mate, let your body do it's thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!