Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • Facewon wrote:
    Latest episode of crime in sport podcast did a deep dive on riddick bowe. Jesus what a fuck up.

Yar.

Shame really, the guy was a decent fighter during a strong heavyweight period. He's also one of those fighters (along with Tyson) who dodged Lewis and meant that it took a while for some people to take Lennox seriously.

Inside the ring he was pretty successful, though arguably underachieved. Outside the ring, though...yeesh...

Don't know the full story with him, I must admit. Should probably check that 'cast.
  • That pod is funny. As comedians, they're kinda average, particularly the co-host. And they fall into some pretty clunky racial stereotypes, but it's a good listen.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Still get frequently sidetracked on youtube watching folks beat the crap out of each other.

Much prefer straight boxing as the precision and power and technique in the punching is much more impressive due to the rules.

Could watch cocky fighters get ktfu all day, particularly when you don't necessarily know who's going to drop. Love trying to guess who's gonna go first.

Watched a dodge karma style vid last night that was amazing. (deleted my history as every so often having ara's Disney vids too high in my feed is annoying.)

Basically boxers getting involved in street shenanigans with dick heads.

You can always pick the shoulders.

Oh, here it is.

https://youtu.be/qhDTcxcV0u8

These vids always have the same rhythm. Lols.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ha! 2:06 was totally asking for a liver shot; floating rib, even. Would've ended it right there. That's pretty much the full collection.
  • Anybody got any bets on the Joshua Parker fight? Doesn't seem like a worthwhile bet in sight but fancy spraying £20 up the wall.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I bet that it will be very boring, like all boxing these days (except lomachenko)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah  -the big boys don't put on a show any more. Back in the Ali/Foreman/Spinx era it was different - though that was a special time. When Tyson was on his game it was great but he had most guys beat before they got in the ring. Middle weight fights in the Hagler/Leonard days were a great spectacle too.

The smaller weight fights are better.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • They've both dropped weight which should mean a faster fight. The unification should also add some urgency and it might be a close run thing. On paper at least it's got more about it than other fights of late.
  • Looks like AJ's come off the gear earlier so he's not as bulky as last time.
    The real money is in Joshua vs Wilder then Joshua vs Fury so I don't expect Parker to last long. Hopefully he makes a fight of it though.
  • He's a fine boxer. I don't think he'll win but it might be good fight.
  • Foaming at the fallopians for Ferguson v Khabib.
    Going to be an amazing, highest of all the levels fight.

Do hope Tony can find a creative answer to that relentless pressure and brutality - plus really wouldn't like to see Conor getting mauled in Russia... If he comes back to fight the winner.

• AJ is just a zombie, an indelicate, PRed up the max bozo. I reckon wilder has already won that fight, and would embarrass him.

State of heavyweights is sad af.

Thankfully Lomachenko and GGG
  • indigoDos wrote:
    Foaming at the fallopians for Ferguson v Khabib.
    Going to be an amazing, highest of all the levels fight.

Do hope Tony can find a creative answer to that relentless pressure and brutality - plus really wouldn't like to see Conor getting mauled in Russia... If he comes back to fight the winner.

Mmmm. I can't decide, I really can't. Leaning towards Khabib right now but that'll probably change.
    Gonna be a fine scrap though.

As for AJ, he did what he had to do. And he'll do the same to Wilder, just out-box the cunt.

Hope they give BJ Saunders the shot at GGG.
  • Ferguson is out with a knee injury and Max Holloway is now going for it whaaaaaaaaaattttt???

Madness. But I like it.
  • If true, and not an April Fool's, it's being done so that the winner vs McGregor will sell more.

Ferguson is a great fighter, but he's not good at selling fights.

Khabib vs Conor sells well.

Holloway vs Conor II sells well.
  • Would have been such a great fight tho. I am fairly disappoint, again.

Max is going to need to be 'blessed' for this one: coming back from an injury, on very short notice, in a higher weight class, against a walking nightmare like Khabib.
  • Lololololololol
    https://twitter.com/mma_gifs_/status/980621665129435137?s=19

Aye, Conor will be rubbing his hands at all this. There's no way the ufc would put him in with 6 days to go and not have an opportunity to put a full hype machine in effect. Set up perfect for him now.
  • Conor be going going off dem rails up in NYC. Warrant out for his arrest + many lawsuits for this nonsense:

• Big, big, big drama show.

Love all this silliness tbh
  • One of the fighters got cut up (including his face) from that tho, may not be cleared to fight on Sat. Also Rose (won't attempt her second name) was inches away from getting her hand broken - she's really shook up by the experience.

Not sure what is up with Connor.
  • I thought for a second in that YouTube still he was swinging around a tuba.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Worse than WWE

Nothings worse than that
  • This is not rote WWE theatrics tbf: 

• indigoDos wrote:
    One of the fighters got cut up (including his face) from that tho, may not be cleared to fight on Sat. Also Rose (won't attempt her second name) was inches away from getting her hand broken - she's really shook up by the experience.

Not sure what is up with Connor.

Michael Chiesa is fine and should fight. Rose Namajunas will fight also.
  • That's good news but they were lucky. Someone could have been seriously i.e. permanently injured as a result of this bs.
  • Yeah it's naughty but the reason it went down was.... *deep breath*... Yesterday Khabib had a confrontation with Artem Lobov (McGregor team mate and due to fight Saturday), Khabib and Conor have had beef for a while. Conor got in the arena they were doing open workouts at today as the fighters were leaving thanks to The Mac Life (the sports/lifestyle fb page he part-owns) having full UFC press accreditation. They let him in and he went after Khabib, chaos ensues.

Artem Lobov has been pulled from his fight Saturday. NYPD have not confirmed a warrant.

Big big drama show!
  • Khabib slapped him on the back of the head for saying negative things about him in Russian interviews... don't think this is a commensurate response tbf. 

Also, Khabib is in a weakened state, in the horrors of his pre-fight weight-cut too. Fairly cowardly time and way to attack imo - and I (being Irish) obv love Connor but just wonder where the dude's head is at.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Conor is a cunt and always has been. He's just a pikey cokehead who can fight. Essentially Pitt from Snatch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!