Secret Santa 2017 - Santas Revealed!
  • nothing to see here
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • argh. I've realied that coming back onto work network where image sharing is fucked means I can't see what i'm posting. Will tether from my phone after my conference call in a minute. FFS.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    MK, you need to do it like this, but with square, not wavey brackets:

{img}https://i.imgur.com/9N0bWyB.jpg{/img}

Your link had two http:// elements, so it won't work, and it didn't end in .jpg. Are you on phone or PC?
  • ok.. so christmas day there's a big box.. i've not touched it.. in case things weren't wrapped etc.. 

So I open the box and there's this.. 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]font][url=https://imgur.com/kUFzAtU.jpg[font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://imgur.com/kUFzAtU.jpg[/img[/font][/url][font=Calibri, sans-serif]] [/font]
  • The one on the right said open me now (belated obviously) so I cracked on and it was this badboy! 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]gYuULFG.jpg [/font]
  • Inside the tin were ginger bread biscuits, with icing sugar. And there were in the shape of tetrominoes. There was a cute note with them too (but I didn't get a pic of that - sorry!)

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]in5GPds.jpg [/font]
  • They were super tasty as you can see.. my daughter ate about 6 of them. 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]deMAPR9.jpg [/font]
  • So whats this other package you ask? 

I start upwrapping.. 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]ACzUu8s.jpg [/font]
  • WTF? It's a chest...?! Like a treasure chest!!

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]F9XuxTi.jpg [/font]
  • but it's locked.. so i'm thinking wtf?! I need to get into that chest asap! I want my presents!!! 

So I open the envelope and this is what I find...

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]yPalu4L.jpg[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]a1eWt00.jpg[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]HSwuGRa.jpg[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]RbVe5rf.jpg[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]YO7dvay.jpg[/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
  • So I read it.. can't be that hard I say to myself. Afterall I fucking love escape the room, puzzles and everything. 

hmm.. it's not that easy.. hmm.. actually.. I think i've got one number. It's Christmas so I get the fam involved. We're drinking and things are getting harder not easier. 

I get into one clue.. it unravels so I think i've got a number! boom.. now about those other three.. 

Fast forward a lot of busy life, drinking with friends and spending time with my daughter and a few nights with the mrs looking at this over and over and over. We get closer. Got a couple of numbers but we're also not sure about a few things. 

Message to Tin for clues.. 

Tin confirms a few things.. 

We're nearly there. 

Last night.. we had the numbers but not the order. Then we had the order but not the right way on the padlock and then mid-way through undateables the lock popped!
  • OMG.. there's treasure and all sorts of other things! 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]NOX6KEj.jpg [/font]
  • First present - right up my street :) 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]jgNAG4J.jpg [/font]
  • Next present - so helpful when going on a days raiding around london with the london pogo group! 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]COxwLaY.jpg [/font]
  • hmm, whats this? Feels like a game or dvd or something.. 

It's an escape the room game/dvd you can play at home with friends and fam!!!!!!!

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]sO9Sr9j.jpg [/font]
  • ooh, whats that underneath? Mysterious pouch! 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]3nT36fi.jpg [/font]
  • Inside are a number of discs and instructions to a game! A frigging game!

[img][font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://imgur.com/I6aSFjg.jpg [/font]
  • Here's a close up of the discs

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]9N0bWyB.jpg[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]It's incredible. The whole thing has been such a journey. It's been tormenting, it's been fun, it's been exciting and the whole thing is just so fucking creative. Everything from the tetris cookies to the chest to the contents is me. I'm genuinely moved about how right someone could get a present. [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]This is honestly the best present i've ever had (including my snes in 93). Tin - you're a fucking hero. [/font]
  • sorry about the tags and wrong size pics, if someone wants to make that into something readable please do.
  • That. Is. Brilliant.

Bravo Tin, bravo. That is the bar so well and truly raised we’re all beginning to panic about how we can match that level of care, attention and just amazing thought that you’ve obviously put into that gift.

You badgers astound me by just how damn lovely you all are
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Tin - you're the best thing about the best thing on the internet.
  • Amazing.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Good Great stuff Tin!
    Can-of-sprite
  • Wow. 

No I feel like I shouldn’t bother next year cos of my lacklustre efforts!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I am hugely relieved (and delighted) that you're pleased with it MK.  I was acutely aware that sending you a locked box as a Christmas present could go one of two ways.  (I had a mental image of you taking an axe to the thing.)

Also, there's one present you haven't found yet...
  • Oooooooh!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Utterly insane work here. Just realised I never posted my stuff from Kaz!
  • tin_robot wrote:
    I am hugely relieved (and delighted) that you're pleased with it MK.  I was acutely aware that sending you a locked box as a Christmas present could go one of two ways.  (I had a mental image of you taking an axe to the thing.) Also, there's one present you haven't found yet...

What the fuck? Is there a secret panel?!?!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!