Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Man, everything I've tried just looks so blooming lovely.
  • @Childintime It is great, where are you up to?
    Just finished
    Spoiler:

Awesome, I think that
    Spoiler:

Also whilst there
    Spoiler:

Actual spoiler...
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Man, everything I've tried just looks so blooming lovely.

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Mostly knows. Best level. And actual spoiler is best way. 

I found it overall a mixed bag of levels . Think I prefe first one overall.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Since the X has launched I've bought quite a few games that have been given new patches and at good prices too. I would say it's worth a developers making these patches. Just bought Forza 7 , Cod WW2 , Doom, Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 for £75. I was doing well before I bought my X but with all these patches and the games being cheaper , I can't help myself.

I bought the game the year edition of Fallout 4 yesterday, and I’m looking forward to seeing what The Witcher 3 looks like with an upgrade.  I...just need my console to show up.  Sometime soon would be nice.
    Get schwifty.
  • Seems like all this fancy processing is still a big hit for the input lag on these TVs, many PC monitors can respond twice as fast. Probably not that noticeable in most games though I guess.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's the most boring video I've ever seen.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kow wrote:

You should see the rllmuk thread about this console, holy fucking shit.

Tech bukkake.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I didn't realise my Diablo character has a sun with a face engraved into her armour, or a ram on her belt buckle.

This thing has already paid for itself.
  • Was playing Gears again earlier, it’s just ridiculously stunning...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    You should see the rllmuk thread about this console, holy fucking shit. Tech bukkake.

Amateurs. They don't even have a graph.
  • Avoid the c7 and b7 oleds. Our in store c7 has screen burn/image retention.
    PSN - minkymu
  • But aren't they on all day every day ? Who's going to do that ?
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Avoid the c7 and b7 oleds. Our in store c7 has screen burn/image retention.
    Not had that issue yet on mine but there are settings for avoiding it i think pixel shift, screen refresh, also a screensaver type thing which comes on fairly quickly if you leave it on a menu page or something.
    If i do get issues I'll be on to lg for a replacement
    In store screens probably set to vibrant total brightness etc no?
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Avoid the c7 and b7 oleds. Our in store c7 has screen burn/image retention.

Was looking to get that too. No way around it?
  • Most image retention should clear in a couple of minutes. A Screen refresh can clear it if does happen takes about an hour.

This review is pretty in depth and talks about it.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c7-oled
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Was playing Gears again earlier, it’s just ridiculously stunning...

It was a good looking game before. Not a counter-point, just should be said.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

But this is like night and day

( Slight exaggeration but you get the point )

• I think a lot of the really noticeable differences with stuff on the X might be down to higher anisotropic filtering, for whatever reason the consoles of this gen tend to max out at 4x AF which can still allow distant angled textures (such as roads) to look really blurry. It's weird as 16x filtering generally has a tiny performance impact over on PC.

Ah, good old DF, they did a thing on it - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-texture-filtering-on-console   Looks like something to do with bandwidth limitations with the shared GDDR memory.

9Aco8am.png

Some other examples there too. The MGS one does have slightly differing base texture quality on the PC, but the Payday 2 one showcases the effect particularly well, with the road texture close to the camera looking the same across platforms, then smearing out into the distance on the consoles.

I don't know to what extent the X will be fixing this problem for new big games, but I think that the back catalogue is getting hardware AF applied along with supersampling and such which is pretty nice. Hopefully this limitation in the hardware design goes away in the next proper gen of consoles, It makes such a big difference to the overall image quality.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

But this is like night and day

( Slight exaggeration but you get the point )

Only slight exaggeration though. Honestly the lighting was good before but now it’s just taken on a whole new level and how it captures a number of details within each different level. Sometimes the palette change between levels exaggerates it further. Every level there’s details and bits of the environment that are stunning. Co-Op insane run means we get w little time to look at everything...over and over.
  • 9Aco8am.png

Jesus Christ. You could swap any of those images around and I'd be none the wiser. Just looks like a paler bit of road to me. None of the images look any worse than any of the others. It amazes me that people think it matters.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yeah but gtav had more grass on ps4 so lol
  • Must be a genuine ballache being this interested in visual tech stats. I mean, I'd spend the money instantly if it were no thang, but for a normal person?... too much for me lads. Fair play to you tho.
  • I like the Xbox one. Less detail.
  • That's a fairly low res image though, across a big telly running at 4K resolution or near enough the smearyness will be much more apparent. Just makes everything look crisper.

My balls are entirely free of ache ;)  It's small stuff, but ultimately it's all about the immersion. Not that I don't like games with 'bad graphics', high anisotropic filtering just always looks better IMO, shows the game's presentation at it's best. It's a nice thing to have, is all I was saying.
  • Just tried Rise of the Tomb Raider on XBox One X and there’s no sound at all. Forza 7 is fine. Any ideas?

Edit. Random glitch. Tried again this morning and it was fine. 

Forza 7 is stunning to behold. Maple Valley in 4K HDR, just lovely.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I really don't understand all this going round in circles about 'meh graphics don't matter blah blah'. I never visited PC thread but I can only assume it's full of the same about new graphics cards. It must be.

I've had some time on this thing now and it's not all about graphics, though things are looking incredibly stunning. The noticible performance increase, even on games that haven't been patched, is quite something. The performance increase on things that have been patched is...to repeat the phrase....night and day.

Diablo is looking stunning and running beautifully smoothly.

Me and the lad are plodding through Portal Nights, and it used to chug somewhat in split screen. Yesterday we had to drastically lower the controller sensitivity now it's had the X patch as it was almost running too smoothly. Felt like we needed a mouse to play it if we didn't. It's now not skipping a beat in split screen when there's a ton going on.

Even Mudrunners is running better and looking better, and that hasn't had a single thing done to it.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with it. Reminds me of when I saved up two weeks wages to buy a Voodoo 2 way back when. I was still playing the same games, they just felt and looked so much better. Nobody needs this thing, but it sure is nice to have.
  • That's great to hear :) At the end of the day it's all about playing the games and enjoying them without the tech limiting or getting in the way.

In terms of the GPU its quite a major upgrade from the XB1, so I'm not surprised that the likes of splitscreen are much improved. Really good that there's improvements across all games too. If you're gonna have a mid gen refresh then that's the way to do it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I got me an Xbox X. No thanks to Amazon though. After banging my head against the brick wall that is their customer service for a week, I called them up this morning and got them to issue a full refund. Went right to Argos and they had one left in stock. I’m in! Finally.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!