Grand Theft Auto V
  • Not sure if they are fake or not - but some peeps across the net are claiming it's footage from the game.  Make of that what you will.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'd have said fakes for no other reason than I hate the writing in the right corner, it looked like you could enter that house so it could reveal and that's one of the possible locations of your safehouses.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Looks real enough to me and i like the idea of tearing down them little country roads.
    (as long as theres no traffic either way)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I hope there's ramblers and cyclists to force off the cliffs >:)
  • They should make a top down version again - Chinatown Wars HD.

I really enjoyed that on the portables. It had good driving (ds version in particular), good shooting and on foot movement (psp versions).

And no friends, eating, stodgy annoying filler stuff.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    The handling is fucked so it may well be legit.
  • Could someone have modded GTA san Andreas to look like that? The font is from san Andreas at least.
  • And for GTA5 can they remove the auto rotating camera and fix the frame rate. It's the awful framerate in conjunction with the auto rotating camera that stops me getting into IV. SA played beautifully as the camera whips round rapidly so it's far less of an issue.

Removing the auto camera and putting the camera on the right stick will even let you walk where you want to go.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Could someone have modded GTA san Andreas to look like that? The font is from san Andreas at least.

Yeah, wasn't Big Smoke a fella from SA? Tasty anyway.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It is from a GTA:SA HD mod...
  • I wonder if a GTA MMO would work?  It would sell like hot cakes, surely?
  • They look wonderful, is that really a SA PC mod?  If so, a LOT of people must have done a LOT of awesome work there.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    They look wonderful, is that really a SA PC mod?  If so, a LOT of people must have done a LOT of awesome work there.

GTA San Andreas HD mod.

This mod features:

-HDR-textures
    -Hi-poly car models
    -Enhanced reflections
    -Improved smoke, explosions, fire effects
    -Pixel shader 3.0 supported
    -Compatibility with previous save games

-New hi-poly pedestrians
    -New wheels
    -New accessories for vehicles
    -New clothes for CJ

-Motion blur
    -New vegetation
    -New handling.dat
    -More cars and pedestrians on the streets

GTAHD.jpg

gtahda.jpg

It absolutely baffles me how anybody can write off GTA or declare it shit? There are plenty of genres I don't like but you can appreciate their quality regardless of whether it is a game you'd play...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    It absolutely baffles me how anybody can write off GTA or declare it shit? There are plenty of genres I don't like but you can appreciate their quality regardless of whether it is a game you'd play...

It's those opinion things again. "I can't be bothered with GTA, I think it is shit" = / = "I think GTA is shit, the game is terribly programed, their is absolutely no skill or creativity involved in the enormous scale and scope that the developers have imbued there game with" it simply means "I don't like it".

Quite easy to appreciate something technically but not at all like it, or even vice versa.
  • Apart from graphics, there really doesn't feel like there's been much in the way of development since GTA3. There's a limit to how impressed you can be by the same thing repeated for a decade.
  • While I liked GTA4, Rockstar managed to move in the wrong direction for me. The beauty of Vice City was how you could tackle many of the missions in completely different ways. Depending on where you parked your car you could alter the getaway of a robbery. Instead of taking down the bad guys in a drawn out gunfight you could show up in a helecopter gun ship or drive a motor bike up. Maybe thats not what the developers intended you to do but I loved that you could play around with the game.

By the time we got to GTA4 all those elements were completely removed. You couldnt even decide where you parked your car on missions. Even if you faced it in a way that'd give you the best get away, after the cutscenes it would usually be facing the opposite direction on the other side of the road. They basically shoehorned in a single player funneled experience into an open world game. The divide between on mission and off mission became even wider now that you couldn't choose how to tackle each situation. It was the developers way or mission fail. 

I think they're going to carry on that route to the detriment of the game. Freedom is a rare thing.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • GTA4 had the best in game drunk physics I've ever seen. Therefore 5 will be insta purchase. I play em like Face, hammer the shit out of them for a couple of months, finish main story, complete as much as I can and then wait until the next installment.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • monkey wrote:
    Apart from graphics, there really doesn't feel like there's been much in the way of development since GTA3. There's a limit to how impressed you can be by the same thing repeated for a decade.

To be fair VC added helicopters and planes proper, adding a whole new mechanic.
    San Andreas was huge and added multiplayer, fat/thin, jetpacks.
    GTA4 was an overhaul providing a new engine including different gunplay and driving mechanics.

Some of these things sound obvious now but were quite new a the time.

I would say GTA adds the same or more each iteration than most IPs.
  • I played Vice city so much I still have dreams where I'm driving around the game.

Ah but GTA4 took out the most important part of GTA.

• They are nice games to own due to the internet being full of shut ins who will play them to death, finding all the glitches. Like with the swing sets in 4, you can drive into them and launch your car miles through the sky. Due to the physics and ragdol effect, this can provide an hour or so of entertainment. Never finished a main story in one though, stupid bullet sponge enemies always do my head in.

And that checkpointing. Are they really still that dense?
  • In other news Saints Row 2 is free for Playstation Plus users.

• Agree with Roujin. Just hoping cover gunplay isn't the main thrust and you can, as Scots said, tackle things more creatively.

I'll be be all over day one, even though I'm not a huge fan of IV - too drab compared to the silliness which defines the series in earlier entries.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    They are nice games to own due to the internet being full of shut ins who will play them to death, finding all the glitches. Like with the swing sets in 4, you can drive into them and launch your car miles through the sky. Due to the physics and ragdol effect, this can provide an hour or so of entertainment. Never finished a main story in one though, stupid bullet sponge enemies always do my head in.

And that checkpointing. Are they really still that dense?

Check pointing was much better in TLAD and TBOGT.

TLAD is still one of the most fantastic story experiences I've ever had. I must go back to it.
  • I think my biggest annoyance with 4 was that you couldnt be 100% sure that strategically parking your vehicle, for a quick getaway, would still be there when you needed it. That set the precedent for how you were meant to approach these missions: without any thought.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    I think my biggest annoyance with 4 was that you couldnt be 100% sure that strategically parking your vehicle, for a quick getaway, would still be there when you needed it. That set the precedent for how you were meant to approach these missions: without any thought.
    I also found that the biggest flaw in GTA IV.

I couldn't agree more with Reg, TLAD was a brilliant story. Fingers crossed that GTA V has some brilliant writing behind it.
  • Yep TLAD story was great.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    tbogt had the most fun and silly missions though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • three1ne wrote:
    I think my biggest annoyance with 4 was that you couldnt be 100% sure that strategically parking your vehicle, for a quick getaway, would still be there when you needed it. That set the precedent for how you were meant to approach these missions: without any thought.

99% of the time the carefully selected perfect getaway car was ditched as soon as you started the mission and replaced with some piece of shit they decided to give you. The other 1 % the car was parked the other side of the street facing the wrong way.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    As you well know, Scots, I'm the Ferrero ambassador of Vice. Persistence excellente.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!