GOTY 2017 - bestest gaming year
  • Aye, nice post. Nier is on my list for the early 2017 down time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm going to check out some Gamestop's today once they open for Nier. Online has been sold out in a couple of places, or bring it to $30+ incl postage, a bit more than I want to pay right now. $25 is my budget and that's what it's going for in store. Hopefully all the other people will focus on shooting and sporting stuff.

Feeling kinda bad that I'm gonna support shops opening early on Thanksgiving this way, but fuck it.
  • @hylian_elf is Samus returns elligible?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Errrrrr.... I think it’s different enough to original so I think can be included.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Reg - ARMS is from the Maria Kart 6+ team, not the Splat team.

Cool list.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • The Best

Splatoon 2. Shame on all those who failed to heed me waxing on about the first one. SHAME.

The Rest

I dunno, Zelda I guess.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Shame on all those who failed to heed me waxing on about the first one. SHAME.

I heeded you. Splatoon 2 wont be bothering my top ten.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's my worst game of 2017.
  • It's the worst game ever.
    Spoiler:
  • JonB speaks the truth.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I had it down as a disappointment before, but like Mario Kart, I missed Splat the first time.

I've never been the squad shooter type, so I played it in single player and found it boring.

Then I decided to stop being a pussy, and buss some random multiplayer.

Fucking awesome as a multiplayer game. The best squad shooter I've played to date. But to be fair, I'm not a fan of the genre, so have skipped shit like CoD, Gears and Overwatch.

Splatoon though... The rules are too clever.

I should actually move it a little up the table, but the shit single player game is almost offensive to me.

Story mode levels feel like a chore, and even in this internet age, I still value the single player experience too highly to let that lack of respect for the offline product slide.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    7 - The Golf Club 2

Yeah I was an addict to this series, if you hadn't guessed. Its immensely satisfying, built on math and precision. I caned the every living fuck out the first and reached a top level, and then this dropped. New swing mechanic based entirely around tempo meaning too slow, or too fast and you shot is way off line. Took me around four weeks to master it on the hardest club set. Its easily the most realistic, challenging golf game I've ever played, and the putting to any newcomers must be migraine inducing. It plays a stunning round of golf (fuck you Bob ya scrub) and members of the community keep pumping out incredible courses, both real and fake. Sadly, due to me playing TGCTours, which mirrors the real golf calendar, it also highlighted all of its flaws. It is fucked when it comes to taking shots off of left or right sloping fairways, being completely hit and miss as to whether it follows physics or the ball goes dead fucking straight so such approaches become a lottery, and sadly the tours, at the highest level (which I'm on cos am God), are laden with such courses. The swing can vary from controller to controller, so one DS4 may hit a banana hook every shot whilst another will be ruler straight. The heavy rough penalises you way too much, if you roll just a millimetre into it, you've got anywhere from a 40-70% lie. The less said about the fairground greens the better. Away from the tours and just a casual round of golf its untouchable but its flaws, whilst it being better than the first, drove me away.

6 - Prey

Am a sucker for Deus Ex stle explora/killathons. So many options, a story that for once engaged me. A world (well, ship) that is constructed beautifully. Whilst true that a certain section that lasts a few hours is quite tedious (I just ran from point to point due to being OP), every other moment, be it fleeting or continuous, is fantastic fun. So many paths to choose, so many nooks and crannies to discover. Powers out ya arse, potential for multiple builds and playthroughs. It'd have been higher on my lsit if not for a stand out year of gaming.

5 - Football Manager 2018

Its FM, its gonna always be on my list. I won't type too much here but its the best version in a long while, despite teams not being able to deal with three up top, them adding yet more shit which isn't really needed. It just scratches that itch and always will. Belotti is so OP it destroys the game.

4 - Yakuza 0

I can't really describe the joy this has brought me without spoiling it so I'll keep it brief. The movement is archaic, the fighting engine is essentially spam buttons with the odd combo, graphically it has flashes of beauty and moments of shit. However wrapped up as a whole its a joyous, genuinely amusing fuck off great game. There hasn't been a game that has had me in proper fits of laughter like this in ages, mainly due to the completely insane side quests. Mini games are great, and I care about the lead. Fucking get well on it.

3 - Mario Odyssey

All my remaining entries will be fairly brief as they've been covered in length by others but this convinced me to buy the Switch despite never being much of a 3D Mario fan. And fuck me was it worth 300 odd quid. Just a masterpiece of control, exploration, discovery and most importantly fun. Its the year of Nintendo.

2 - Breath of the Wild.

The GOAT. A game changer, Nintendo enter the open world genre and shag it completely into submission. Every inch of the world is crafted with love and the player's interests at heart. The plot is a big bag of shite, but its not about that. Just like Mario its about Nintendo making every other dev get on their knees and bukkaking every single pore of their faces.

1 - Metroid Prime 4 reveal video

ITS FUCKING METROID. PRIME. 4. IT EXISTS. IT WILL HAPPEN. IT PROBABLY WON'T BE ANY GOOD, BUT WHEN IT HIT, AS I WAS WATCHING LIVE, I FELT LIKE A CHILD AGAIN. A CHILD WITH A BEARD, AND MANTITS, AND A COMPLETELY INSANE VIEW OF THE WORLD METROID MOTHERFUCKING PRIME CUNTING 4 SON. GET HYPE.
  • Good choice for number 1!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    A CHILD WITH A BEARD

I don't let them near me anymore
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I found Golf Club 2 left / right sloping fairways to be particularly easy, almost game breakingly so tbh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You have no idea what you just said but I like the balls behind it. And the man.
  • I just don't like how they dumbed it down for the casual market, and don't even get me started on FM.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    RUMBLED it was made harder suck my dick fam
  • One man's harder is another man's softer.

Penis.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I heard Golf Story was the better Golf game. Also, Golf Clash. And Everybody's Golf. And Rory Mcthingy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I hope you swallow some gravy incorrectly and it hurts for a few seconds
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've been having curry instead of gravy of late.
  • I need to get on golf clash, it's making huge waves in the mobile sector, everyone's on it atm. In fact, I'll dl it now...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It takes actual skill, unlike TGC2.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Curry? You're the reason I voted for Brexit
  • Rime
    Dirt 4
    Everybody’s Golf
    Skyrim Switch
    Inside PS4

Top five.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    At least are are ineligible

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!