Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I dismantle everything. Whats the point in keeping stuff at this rate anyway. Will be wiped again in another year or two come Destiny 3.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Vault is an issue tbf. I'm constantly bumping up to capacity. There is less space than there are things to get. I don't know why sparrows and ships take up vault space either.
    Why the fuck are people keeping more than a few ships?

Why not?
  • Well, because of the item limits is a start. I'll grant you I don't see why they can't make the vault much bigger.

But even if it was larger, it seems to me the more pragmatic decision to dismantle extra ships for the few things in the eververse that allow you to gain guns and armour quicker/level quicker. And/or leave more room so you can keep more mods.

And what haak said.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • See this is what gets me. Stark raving blindness from so many people. We've been through all this before. With a little game called Destiny 1. Remember that one? The old developer, Bungie - came up with a good solution to this problem - they were called Kiosks. Basically, they were places where you could access stuff you'd collected at any time, without taking up valued space in your inventory. This wasn't even very long ago FFS. Did they fire the guy that came up with all these fixes? How is this happening? Seriously.

If only Bungie were in charge now...

C'est la vie...
  • Which reminded me to post this. This guy gets it bang on...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7jc8zl/the_most_confusing_thing_about_the_first_few/

It's like a different company working on the new game. Clueless.
  • Paid for heroic strikes. Lol.
  • I take the point absolutely about good fixes from d1 not being in d2. Like, don't throw baby out with bathwater. Absolutely.

But how are heroic paid for? (checks if they were dlc blocked. ;))
  • I can't be arsed checking. But unless they were actually set up as dlc only content, adding heroic strikes is just a patch/timing thing. Patches and updates coming at the same time as dlc ≠ paid for.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What's a vault? Why would I want to keep stuff? I just dismantle everything when I get something more powerful.
  • Facewon wrote:
    I can't be arsed checking. But unless they were actually set up as dlc only content, adding heroic strikes is just a patch/timing thing. Patches and updates coming at the same time as dlc ≠ paid for.

I think they were DLC only content.
  • Well then yes, that's shit.
  • Considering the size of the other bits you go into through the infinite garden, the patrol zone is Sooooo small.
  • Kow wrote:
    What's a vault? Why would I want to keep stuff? I just dismantle everything when I get something more powerful.

Yar, what's the point of keeping a whole load of underpowered crap?  Also, what's the benefit of dismantling that underpowered crap (other than freeing up space)?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well if you dismantle stuff you get some space bits or something for buying new better stuff.
  • It's a looter shooter. It's what the whole fucking game is about fellas. It's about collecting rare and special weapons and armour sets and ships and shaders that are sought after, by playing challenging and entertaining shooter levels.

Without the loot, it's a brainless shooter that would get old extremely quick, which is exactly what's happened with D2, hence why the majority of people hate it. This is all fairly obvious to me. I'm guessing people like Unlikely have only put a few hours into this game, and are fairly nonplussed by the whole thing, but D1 was a game that scratched a particular itch for millions of people, and most of the casual crowd just don't get it. To them it's just another game. Which is what it is now.

There are other people that are not bothered about keeping the loot and having stuff to show for hours and effort put into the game. These are the people that pretty much play PvP exclusively - people like Face. Destiny 1 was never really about the pvp. It was fun, and that's what it was meant to be - a diverting alternative to the PVE - but they fucked it by trying all this balance nonsense and they went all MLG. The majority of the playerbase didn't want that either.

That's why it's fucked and the game is shit now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The only interest I have in weapons is knocking a bigger chunk of health of the enemy. I don't really care what colour the gun is.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Yar, what's the point of keeping a whole load of underpowered crap?  Also, what's the benefit of dismantling that underpowered crap (other than freeing up space)?

You can infuse the higher level stuff into the lower level stuff, if you think the lower level gun is better to use and play with.

That’s on top of getting space tokens to buy pew pews with.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The guns are pretty much all the same to me, within their categories. There are one or two strange ones.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It'd be lore friendly if many guns were made stronger but banned from PvP. Then Iron Banner lifts those restrictions for a week so it actually has a point and actual feels different from normal crucible.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Imagine actually looking forward to an event.

Oh man can't wait to use my cluster tracking orb gushing automatic rocket launcher.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I logged in last night to see exactly what the post Osiris patch brought and upon logging in I was hit with a huge wave of fatigue. Masterworks looks cool, buying armor directly from vendors (albeit after attaining a certain amount of package rank ups) is nice as well and the other changes are all seemingly positive. 

I got another weapon from grinding out a verse in the Lighthouse, had a glance at the stats and just thought to myself what's the point. Sure, it looks like a nice Hand Cannon (Jack Queen King 3) but it's stats and perks are just like all my other Hand Cannons.

I remembered at this point that in Destiny 1 when you got a new gun that you had to either work for or get lucky grinding out you would always be so excited to take it out for a test run, especially if you'd been lucky enough the get a good roll on it - I still remember when I got Grasp of Malok in Destiny 1 (not the first time I'd gone looking for a specific gun but apart from when I had Gally, Mida and Ice Breaker drop - oh and Mythoclast... actually there are a tonne of memories so never mind) to drop from Omnigul with: Rangefinder, Perfect Balance and Glass Half Full. I couldn't get into the Crucible fast enough to take her for a spin. 

I know a lot of people bemoan the random perk design philosophy but I've come to realise for me it was what kept me playing and now that it's gone I find myself amassing guns with no real personality or distinguishing features. Every time I get a gun I know there are millions of other players out there with the exact same weapon. I know this is my rifle, I know there are many like it and I know this one is mine. But this one also has none of my characteristics or habits. It isn't my gun really, it's Bungie's and by design it's all of ours.

Sat in orbit after my gun dilemma I looked at the Milestones... I thought about it and then I logged off. A break is needed having played numerous characters across Xbox and PC. At least I've seen all the content. I fear though that with such a long way to go to get the game where I think it should be I might not return anytime soon. I have said on occasion that it's a case of reducing Destiny 2 from my hobby game to a weekly pop in and pop out but even this is now is something I feel no real inclination to accommodate. 

It doesn't help I guess that both my clans are pretty much desolate at this stage, I guess it's time for a change.

:)
  • I'll never understand that point of view re: random rolls. If I get a gun, I want to know if it's good or not. Not it could be a good gun if you get a specific set of rolls that you have to trawl Reddit to find out.

Losing the randomness for acquisition though is a must. Do this to get this would motivate people to play because they can work towards a specific gun. There are only the couple of exotic quests that do this really. It needs more things like Black Spindle.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yes, Black Spindle was a great quest and event. I understand not everyone likes the random rolls, I guess it's just something I grew to like from playing Diablo.
  • I think most people that had an affection for Destiny 1 have realised that random rolls were a good thing, even if they didn't realise it at the time. And let's not forget it wasn't ALL random rolls. There were plenty with fixed rolls. There is a place for both. I found everything single weapon in Destiny 2 to be boring in the extreme perk wise. Even firefly is complete shit now.

How can it be a good thing that people are sharding 95% of weapons that drop in Destiny 2? How is that remotely a good thing? How is receiving dupe after dupe after dupe from your activities better than maybe getting a weapon with an interesting perk combination on it? Please tell me Dante. I don't understand your viewpoint on this at all. It's just simplified to the point of utter boredom. The fun was finding a weapon you love with a peek combo you love. It wasn't all about Reddit. It was about individuality.

No variation leads to stagnation. Which is exactly what we have now.
  • You might have found it fun. I found it soul destroying nonsense.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm enjoying Destiny 2 far more than I enjoyed the first one. I couldn't give a damn about collecting or modifying weapons.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I guess we can't have it both ways. Someone's enjoyment is someone elses torment. And vice-versa. This is the situation Bungie are in. They either please players like Dante and Kow, or Me and Chalice. Hard choices to make.
  • Kow wrote:
    I'm enjoying Destiny 2 far more than I enjoyed the first one. I couldn't give a damn about collecting or modifying weapons.

You’re the kind of ultra casual prick that they’ve targeted, go play Persona 5.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, I'll stay with Destiny 2, I'm enjoying it. Hopefully Destiny 3 will be aimed at me too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!