Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • @chalice

While I agree that PvP was intended as a distraction, it grew into something more. Trials kept the game alive during the drier patches of D1 which is why the low player numbers for this stage are so disturbing to me.
  • Kow wrote:
    Nah, I'll stay with Destiny 2, I'm enjoying it. Hopefully Destiny 3 will be aimed at me too.

There might not be a Destiny 3 at this rate.

What do you do on D2 when you play? What's a typical play session?
  • I haven't bothered logging back on for S2, despite having paid for it. I'm not that bothered, which is a shame, but life goes on so I'm not that worried!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Co-op story, some strikes, patrols, public events. Whatever is near.
  • This place is slightly better adjusted than most of the web and if the prevailing wind here is that the game has gone down the pan then something is seriously amiss. I just can’t be bothered to stick it on as there’s no attraction at the moment. Wish that wasn’t the case but seems true for most of the PS4 lot too.
  • Perhaps.

Us PS4 lot have another raid this weekend though, so there’s still people about.
  • There is always people about on PS4.

Certainly not as much as launch, but still.
  • Yeah. The population has decreased but I’ve played with PS4 guys 3 times this week, still.
  • Also, I think there’s no doubt that Bungie fucked up. But hey, for the people who wanted grind - go get the forge weapons, they’re grindy as hell. I don’t like it, but it was made to appease the vocal fans who felt there was nothing to keep moving towards - but now there is.
  • Still nothing to appease the players that don't like the medal for participation PvP.
  • It’s been 2 weeks since they did their blog post, or something like that, and despite their fuck ups they delivered on every point they said in their blog post to appease dissatisfied fans.

More changes are coming, and maybe they’ll change PvP to suit people like you in the near future but that was never gonna happen within this window.

Did you try out the OP Prometheus lens that massively reduced TTK to a sort of time you’d like?
  • Also, I think there’s no doubt that Bungie fucked up. But hey, for the people who wanted grind - go get the forge weapons, they’re grindy as hell. I don’t like it, but it was made to appease the vocal fans who felt there was nothing to keep moving towards - but now there is.

Grinding for grinding's sake isn't much use if the gear is garbage though, which the forge guns apparently are. Why bother?

By contrast look at the gear sets available for the current global event in The Division. Proper powerful desirable loot that players want to put the time in to get.
  • I got that new forge Scout and can't see any reason to use it over Nameless Midnight
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Stopharage wrote:
    This place is slightly better adjusted than most of the web and if the prevailing wind here is that the game has gone down the pan then something is seriously amiss. I just can’t be bothered to stick it on as there’s no attraction at the moment. Wish that wasn’t the case but seems true for most of the PS4 lot too.

Regular late night crew aren't around for sure. I have the dlc but haven't felt the urge to open D2 for a couple of weeks.
    Can-of-sprite
  • It’s been 2 weeks since they did their blog post, or something like that, and despite their fuck ups they delivered on every point they said in their blog post to appease dissatisfied fans. More changes are coming, and maybe they’ll change PvP to suit people like you in the near future but that was never gonna happen within this window. Did you try out the OP Prometheus lens that massively reduced TTK to a sort of time you’d like?

I didn't play, I was having internet problems, I keep getting disconnected although I'd have no interest in a trace rifle being the best weapon in the game.

And yeah, I know they weren't gonna change anything this soon, I was only joking. I don't think they'll make the changes I want to see anyway, it'd go against their whole philosophy for the direction of PvP they want.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I got that new forge Scout and can't see any reason to use it over Nameless Midnight

There is none. Hence my post about rand perk rolls in the previous page being something I liked. Nameless Midnight will probably the best Scout in D2 and it was given to us as a quest reward after the campaign...
  • voices wrote:
    I haven't bothered logging back on for S2, despite having paid for it. I'm not that bothered, which is a shame, but life goes on so I'm not that worried!

I've got no internet as I just moved, but am busy at work and I just don't see me getting back into D2 untill a major QoL update gets done, TTK style, at which point I'll pay 29.99 or whatever for a catch up. Vault, mods, rng guns (ludicrously I finally just got the antiope D) etc is fixed.

Unless they buff movement options and pulse rifles /get rid of bloom and other hidden silly stuff (shotgun bloom also), in which case they may sucker me in for PvP.

Haven't even entered the raid yet. No appeal for me.

Still think what they delivered was in many significant ways a vast improvement on D1, but frankly D1 was dead to me. Random rolls etc would be a retrograde step, asking even more time of me when I struggle to give enough as it is.

I would also like survival killed dead and just have countdown for ranked. Maybe straight up elimination for a change. Survival is ass. And I do way better in survival btw, my k/d etc is better. Because I can also play like aids, I just hate having to do it.
  • On my one forays recently, played countdown. Team of randomised Vs party of four. We got stomped, they were 5-1 or 5-2 up, my k/d was ass, as I was pushing /trying to flank and my randos understandably could not capitalise (also I played rusty). Still, as last man standing, I picked up heavy (fusion). It was on the new map. I managed to kill two of them starting with their rockets. Instead of pushing last guy I went for a Res, and planted bomb. They got a Res also. I killed the guy they resided and blinked away. I crouch camped at bomb, the random on my team got pinched but I shot one of the pinchers in the back with primary. I still had one fusion rifle shot left. The last man was far off, recovering, I knew he was gonna push to defuse, and I decided to aggressively rush him as I would have no cover around bomb (and he might have a wall or super). I blinked at him twice, he ended up right in front of me and I zapped him and gave him a wave. Think in that one round I had five kills and a Res. I still ended up with a low k/d, but after that win, we brought it back 6-5 as they wasted their supers in their rage.

More of this kind of feeling please.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You're playing wrong, ozno. You're supposed to spin around in a circle firing your gun shouting this is shit.
  • @gonz

It’d be nice to be able to make that kind of clutch without power ammo.
  • I dont know. Securing power ammo should be a team objective. They fucked up, I'd been useless and they went as a four to one place. They gave me power ammo.

If they all had year 1 TLWs a clutch might be even harder.

But definitely need to buff primaries, if not ttk at least reliability and in air accuracy. Jukes were so important. They needed titan shoulder charge, wtf? Qassimb's mid air 180s made his gameplay so much more exciting to watch
  • I mean, how difficult is it to program or script a decent story for a little adventure. Bit of voice acting, a few new models.

Surely that would take what? A day?
  • I could polish it off over a lunch break.
  • Dante's always up for a little adventure over lunch, wink wink
  • Anyhoo, bypassing the last two pages of posts (a lot of which I agree with btw, and agree with a lot of the points made in Skill up’s videos), I’ll just reiterate that I still really enjoy D2. Maybe it’s my current health situation, but I just can’t get all het up about a video game, that, especially with Gonz, Cinty, JRPC, daq, Dante and the Aussie crew has been extremely enjoyable so far.

I’m disappointed that it doesn’t carry over a lot of the QoL stuff from D1, and goodness, senior management at Bungie really need to take a look at how good their decision making and comms actually is...I think ‘hubris’ may be an appropriate word. But I’m not going to go all Green Text and flip my chicken tendies over that state of the world. Let’s be honest, it’s nowhere near shit, the DLC is nowhere near 1.5 out of 10. With D2 and Star Wars B2, gamers have found a voice of sorts, however it needs a little moderation and a little less entitlement. Dtg on reddit is a shit show (some guy posted on there yesterday how his mate who had had played D1 and D2 through had passed away, and was promptly told posters were glad he was dead, D2 had killed him, and to kill himself if he loved his mate so much. Great community there).

So, for now, I’m going to enjoy a solid game (that is unfortunately not as good as it should have been). And with all that said anyone fancy the raid lair this Friday and Saturday? (Morning or evening or both)
  • You're playing wrong, ozno. You're supposed to spin around in a circle firing your gun shouting this is shit.
    That's how I play most games these days tbh.

gettin' old

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • My wife clearly loves a well textured floor.
  • Anyhoo, bypassing the last two pages of posts (a lot of which I agree with btw, and agree with a lot of the points made in Skill up’s videos), I’ll just reiterate that I still really enjoy D2. Maybe it’s my current health situation, but I just can’t get all het up about a video game, that, especially with Gonz, Cinty, JRPC, daq, Dante and the Aussie crew has been extremely enjoyable so far.

So, for now, I’m going to enjoy a solid game (that is unfortunately not as good as it should have been). And with all that said anyone fancy the raid lair this Friday and Saturday? (Morning or evening or both)

Fuck you then. ;)

Only joking im down to raid with you lovely lot anytime.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!