Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Nice one, dude, glad you got there. And yeah, there’s a lot of orbs about at the mo.
  • I hate to admit it but I did enjoy doing the Raid lair boss last night. Still have major issues with the game but the social part of it is what carries it through. Without all the banter there's no way I'd make it through 10 or so attempts.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I'll definitely be rusty though, played like two games with cinty in 3 weeks now, maybe longer.

Would love to get in on this too, if the timing is possible.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Aye, that was brilliant. Glad you kept that clip. :D
  • How is that sad exactly?
  • Everyone running for fucking Eververse.
  • I mean...it's kinda funny I guess. It's like when they open the doors on Black Friday.

But sad?

How many of those guys were heading there to spend actual money? I'm guessing that was the day 1 Dawning when everyone was given a gift, so probably none.

From where i'm standing it seems like you're filtering everything through the extreme lens of Reddit-fulled cynicism. No good will come of it.

Things are turning around already. There's some great stuff in there that you're missing out on.

Try the new Raid - it's proper brilliant!
  • You're blind. Sorry but the game has become a greedy, money grabbing waste of time.

It's fairly disgusting.
  • Putting out an event that is basically an advert for Eververse this close to the xp scam is pretty ballsy.
  • You're blind. Sorry but the game has become a greedy, money grabbing waste of time.

It's fairly disgusting.

There was a quest marker there that day, they are all just moving to the nearest one available to the tower spawn point.

I'm not sure what your issue is here. You don't even pay the game anymore and haven't done for ages, I completely understand that you are angry that the game Bungie have made won't let you play your made up space wizard in the way you wish anymore, but why exactly are you trying to spoil others enjoyment all the time? I don't recall anyone trolling up the PUBG thread, despite its launch issues.
  • Lol pay the game. That can stay.
  • Actually, I contacted all of those people, and they told me that they were rushing to spend money on Bright Engrams.
  • Not trying to ruin people's enjoyment, just angry that Bungie, a developer that have made some of my favourite games in the past, have taken this dirty, greedy path and destroyed what was once a really fucking good game. It's now all about the Eververse, which they initially said was introduced to support the live team. Fucking lol. Now it's a loot box game. Try and defend it all you like but it's plain to see.

There was a quest marker there that day, they are all just moving to the nearest one available to the tower spawn point.

Yep. Eververse. I hate it. I really hate it.

It's sad.
  • I think it’s more that the most desirable items introduced in The Dawning are all gained through Eververse.
  • It's now all about the Eververse

Perhaps for you.  For me it's precisely 0% about the Eververse.
  • I’m surprised you haven’t come across it in the 2 hours you’ve played the game for. @Unlikely
  • This Bungie is absolutely not the same one that made our favourite games though, all those guys left or were pushed out. It's a completely different company that sold out to Activision and their corporate strategy.

Apart from making themselves multi millionaires, imo management decision making from games design to release strategies to server downtime decisions at Bungie has been terrible for quite a while now.

Which raises a point for discussion. In a similar ok game, terrible loot box implementation situation, EA took the full brunt of the rage, etc, whilst DICE were seen as the poor downtrodden developers behest to their evil master's wishes. Why in this case are Activision not being hung drawn and quartered?
  • Eververse is quite easy to not give a crap about.

If you are that way inclined.

Many are not. I really enjoy D2 (still), but blind loot boxes that you pay for with real money can go fuck right off. They are insidious and designed purely to make people spend more money than they originally wanted to. I'd suggest that we take they discussion to the 'Looty and Keep' thread.
  • They have been but my main problems have always been with Bungie’s changes to mechanics rather than the lootbox stuff, I just see the latter as a really sad reflection of the modern day games industry.

I think there’s a widening gap between games that are obviously made with love by studios passionate and proud of what they put out compared to the box checking development of others. Look how CDProjekt Red supported The Witcher 3 for over a year post-launch, they’re an extreme example of the former. To me, it seems that at some point, Bungie crossed from one to the other.
  • Activision should be made accountable, but much of what Bungie make available to the players is still down to Bungie. The fact that there's hardly anything worth bothering with outside of Eververse is their fault. Activision want money from micro transactions of course, but it's doubtful they can dictate how much content players don't have to pay for. Bungie still make this game at the end of the day.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though. Their design decisions throughout Destiny 2 are just woeful. They've made a great game worse in nearly every conceivable way, and their desperate back tracking and laughable oversights continue to amaze me.
  • Not trying to ruin people's enjoyment, just angry that Bungie, a developer that have made some of my favourite games in the past, have taken this dirty, greedy path and destroyed what was once a really fucking good game. It's now all about the Eververse, which they initially said was introduced to support the live team. Fucking lol. Now it's a loot box game. Try and defend it all you like but it's plain to see.

Yep. Eververse. I hate it. I really hate it.

It's sad.

So what do you say to the fact that I play D2 as much as I ever played D1 and don't feel imposed on by Eververse in the slightest?

I'm guessing that most of those I'm playing with feel the same. Certainly nobody in any of the 3 nightfalls and several crucible matches I played tonight mentioned it.

I view Tess like any other vendor - I pop a bright and go see what I've got. Is it a cool emote or another sparrow I'll never use? Oh, it's another sparrow I'll never use. Maybe I'll get lucky next time?

The only time i've ever spent any actual money in Destiny was in D1 when I NEEDED the fiery Invective skin.

It was beautiful and I would have sold my firstborn for it.
  • The fact that there's hardly anything worth bothering with outside of Eververse is their fault.

What's worth bothering with inside of Eververse?
  • I want the selfie emote for sure
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I've got the selfie emote. Did I mention?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Would you accept my firstborn for it?
  • The fact that there's hardly anything worth bothering with outside of Eververse is their fault.

What's worth bothering with inside of Eververse?

I think you play Destiny for vastly different reasons to the majority of its playerbase to be fair.

It's a game about loot with no meaningful loot tied to its activities. That's a big problem.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!