Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • This Bungie is absolutely not the same one that made our favourite games though, all those guys left or were pushed out. It's a completely different company that sold out to Activision and their corporate strategy. Apart from making themselves multi millionaires, imo management decision making from games design to release strategies to server downtime decisions at Bungie has been terrible for quite a while now. Which raises a point for discussion. In a similar ok game, terrible loot box implementation situation, EA took the full brunt of the rage, etc, whilst DICE were seen as the poor downtrodden developers behest to their evil master's wishes. Why in this case are Activision not being hung drawn and quartered?
    Activision don't own Bungie, they just have a contract with them that encourages Bungie to squeeze as much revenue as possible out of the game.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This Bungie is absolutely not the same one that made our favourite games though, all those guys left or were pushed out.

Unfortunately this seems to be what's happening to a lot of the old guard. So many big name companies are only the same in name these days. 

I uninstalled Destiny 2 yesterday anyway, I'm at peace with it. I went from a 90+ day playtime infatuation to a 3 day playtime struggle of the heart.

It's fine, others are enjoying Destiny for what it is now. But I have doubts about the future of the franchise at this point. A lot of fans that have been burned (repeatedly) on Destiny 2 will not be back. 

Until the next big event then :)
  • The fact that there's hardly anything worth bothering with outside of Eververse is their fault.

What's worth bothering with inside of Eververse?

I think you play Destiny for vastly different reasons to the majority of its playerbase to be fair.

It's a game about loot with no meaningful loot tied to its activities. That's a big problem.

Since the December 5th and 12th updates they’ve added a decent amount of loot tied to armour sets, plus there’s the new raid, heroic strikes and forge quests. All of these activities require a fair amount of work. Then there’s the new weapons and exotics, plus masterworks. Now there’s dawning stuff. I blasted destiny today and am only halfway through my milestones for my characters and still chasing max power level.

Some of these weapons are worth the effort, some aren’t, the raid deffo is. Many of the people, including yourself, who complain about there being nothing to do are repeating the same stuff they read on Reddit 2 weeks ago.

The dawning eververse stuff is horrid, agreed - but stop repeating opinions you’ve gathered from reddit or YouTube that fails to take into account the content (and, frankly, grind) that has been added after the masterworks update. Not long ago I saw people in here (including you) argue that non of the forge weapons are worth it - this is no longer true. I also saw people here claim there’s no decent endgame loot - no longer true. There’s no grind and nothing to work towards - no longer true.

The game post-Dec 12th update has been a real step in the right direction and they delivered on everything he said in their blog post.

They still fucked up 3 of Coins.
    They still fucked is how much Eververse is related to The Dawning.

We can say they have fucked up and not ignore that there have been big, positive steps.

And mayhem’s fun enough.
  • Basically, play the game or don’t - I don’t care, but shit you read on reddit isn’t fact just because it fits your outlook.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's clear Destiny 2 has attracted new fans and that's great. I for one have no interest in deliberately dismantling someone else's enjoyment of a game. It's great to see the PS4 crew having fun. I only voice opinions in here out of concern although for me personally that's turned to disappointment recently but anyway, the game has found a new fan base in it's second iteration which is great.

However, you can't argue with the numbers, the play times and the people from community spheres such as YouTube who simply don't play Destiny any more because of it's current form.

:)
  • And that's cool. I have issues with the game, and it's a shame that these issues are even worse for older fans. That sucks and no-one wants that. But lets focus on the real issues here - the dlc pricing is still piss poor, the dlc story was...not great, microtransactions are becoming increasingly aggressive, PvP has turned away a lot of the old playerbase, some severe QoL improvements are needed, weapon balancing can be a mess, the super balance isn't great either, every time something new comes out there's another bug. None of that is disputable, imo. It has alienated the loyal old playerbase and Bungie has done a bad job on this front. 

I just want to get rid of the "no content and nothing to do" bullshit that i still see get spewed - they've improved a lot on that front in the last 2 weeks and many of the people moaning the loudest in here haven't even done any of it! Well, improved...unfortunately they've added masses of grind which I, personally, didn't want. This is seemingly in an effort to appeal to those who were unhappy with a lack of meaningful endgame goals.

The masterwork weapons are great fun and increase team supers pretty drastically. I doubt chalice has tried this.
    The forge weapons are hit and miss, but there's a great SMG and shotty in there.  I doubt chalice has tried this.
    The armour ornaments take real continuous dedication to achieve.  I doubt chalice has tried this.
    The new raid lair is good fun.  I doubt chalice has tried this.
    The new mercury strikes are some of the best in the game and the public isn't bad.  I doubt chalice has tried this.
    Some of the new weapons are great fun to use and have finally dislodged my Nameless Midnight / Last Hope combo as my go-to guns.  I doubt chalice has tried this.
    You can now buy armour sets and mods directly from vendors if you wanna avoid rng, plus theres an exotic for a guaranteed new one in case you get duplicate fighting lions!  I doubt chalice has tried this.

This content is all post-December 5th, with vendor updates on the 12th. These were great changes which went down well. We can acknowledge positive steps without hand-waving the bad stuff away. I actually thought those changes would be up your alley - you said you wanted grind, and now there's a shitload of grind. 

Even on PS4 there's been a drop-off, unfortunately. And i understand that. I took a wee break before the expansion since i wasn't feeling like it was worthwhile. It's still not perfect now, but it is better, and some people have started to reappear. I just hope we can talk about what is good without just seizing and jumping on everything that is bad.
  • Basically, play the game or don’t - I don’t care, but shit you read on reddit isn’t fact just because it fits your outlook.

It's nothing to do with Reddit. It's not that it fits with my outlook. Jesus. The numbers speak for themselves. The game is slowly bombing and Bungie don't give a fuck. They're making all the money they can out of it. Anyone that played the first game can see all the same fucking mistakes being made yet again. Some of the stuff that didn't make the grade in the new game is downright outrageous.

As consumers, we shouldn't have to put up with that shit. All of the stuff they're supposedly 'adding' and 'fixing' and charging people for now was already a part of the first game FFS. It was already fixed and sorted and nice. People like you defending them is what gets on my tits. It's honestly like you're blind to the fact that they're milking the fuck out of it.

It's an interesting topic of conversation that is met time and again on here with the likes of 'don't play it then' or 'why do you care?' I care because this is not what the majority of the community wanted from Destiny 2, and you lot keep defending Bungie and saying they're doing good things and how they're turning things around and it's all okay is what causes a lot of this shit to happen in the first place. Just look at what we're left with.

Loads of original D1 players have quit the game and uninstalled. That's not happening because the game is good mate.
  • I've not tried any of the new stuff because the game is done for me. The basic structure of Destiny 2 for me is a no go. It'll never be the way it was in D1. They haven't the talent to pull it off any more I'm sure of it. The art and sound designers are the only people doing legit good things left at Bungie. Something has gone wrong somewhere.

I'm so glad I didn't buy that DLC. The token system, the weapon system, the supers, the grenades, the movement, the rewards, the cringeworthy dialogue and story for the kids, the greed - the whole game for me has just been so badly tainted and dumbed down, it will never be in a state where I'd be happy to play it again. I don't trust Bungie to fix this, nor am I ever paying them any more of my hard earned so they can try. The gunplay is all that's left and I can get that from the first game.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Destiny 2 new DLC just announced:

Destiny 2: The Taking Kings.

• If the game is done for ya pal then why do you care so much?

Iv been having great fun with the badgers and some of the new stuff.

Still not unlocked a single forge weapon,
    Still not finished the new raid lair.
    (wich is so much better than og callus raid and up there with vog etc)

Personally i like the new pvp systems and can actually play it better and enjoy it more when i do.

Destiny for me however were never about the loot grind it was always about playing with mates and having a laugh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    People move on from games what does it matter on to the next one
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    digi wrote:
    If the game is done for ya pal then why do you care so much?.

Maybe because he put over 1500 hours into the first one.
  • digi wrote:
    God he must be terrible. I finished that one in less than twenty hours...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    digi wrote:
    God he must be terrible. I finished that one in less than twenty hours...

:D

• I find it quite hard to aim in this so far, which I never had an issue with in the first, should I change the sensitivity, or am I just out of practice? 

Or am I getting older...?

Also the most annoying thing in my first 8 hours has been trying to do a mission, but just running to another public event. Then again and again. It’s now like, recommended light 60 and I’m 150+
  • Chalice, the problem people have with your comments is that you haven't played it in 3 months. Everything you're talking about is second hand, and when someone points out that something has changed since then your response is either that it should have been there to start with, that loads of people have stopped playing or something about Eververse. None are relevant.

Perhaps things should have been there at launch, but they weren't. We can't go back in time and change that, we can only deal with things going forward not back. The game as of 21/12/2017 is a different proposition to launch day. It will continue to evolve in the coming months. Whether it will evolve into a game you like or not I've no idea, but right now neither do you.
  • The game is built around insidious micro transactions. It's fucking shit. Just because I don't play it any more does not exclude me from commenting on it. I'm across the latest news on it and fully aware of what's new with the game thanks. I'm on board with lots and lots of others in pointing out how Bungle are fucking the consumer and wrecking the game.

• It does when someone says that they've changed the thing you're moaning about.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I thought nothing could top D1 for back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth but this has done the job, kudos lads.
  • Wondered when you'd pop in and do your two bob bit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its not a jibe at anyone, I'm quite enjoying reading it. Don't go full tinfoil.
  • Finally may have time and energy to play today. Tourney done. Body back to wake mode.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nice.

Anyone up for Trials later today?
  • I will be if i can get on.
  • Um. Probs sometime between 10:30am - 3pm gmt, it depends who has time to dedicate to it and who is available.
  • I can’t then, sorry, streaming from 10am.
  • Might be around for some of that. Xmas shenanigans have begun in earnest, but we'll probably all be sick of eachother by then.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Countdown on Pacifica?

Hmm, maybe not.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!