Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Masterworks don’t really impact legendary weapons in a significant way (beyond orb gen.). But I guess I’m coming at this from a PvE perspective where I feel a lack of variety. Absolutely this current weapon design helps PvP balance, and you’re right that great pairings can be found across the two primary set up. But in PvE, you feel so much less powerful like this. It’ll be interesting to see how they’ve chosen to address this with September’s release.

As I say, I’m not looking for a full return to random roles, more the ability to customise a weapon to your play style through mods.
    PSN: bioTECH
  • It bumps a random stat as well as orb generation.

I'm not against further slight tweaking to the system. They're supposed to be overhauling mods down the line, so I suppose they could be bringing in something in addition to the elemental mod.
  • Definitely, I think that would really help us feel a little more unique and not just another Guardian with Better Devils.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Make powerful PvE weapons/exotics that Shaxx bans from the Crucible. Iron Banner allows these. Lore friendly and at least goes someway to alleviating the PvE power leak.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I mean that Wormhusk helm for hunters looks obscene in PvP.
  • It goes entirely against their design philosophy, so I doubt it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Time for a new philosophy.

I really think that setting fixed weapons for PvP would make so much sense. One of each archetype which can be balanced accordingly, allowing for PvE weapons to be as OP as you like.
  • In D1 they had perks that only affected ‘minions of darkness’ so they could have that delineation between set PvP rolls and more powerful PvE perks without breaking the game. It would be a good step in the right direction while allowing them to keep their philosophy of a game feeling the same wherever you use it.
  • I can't wait for random rolls, and not just because I want a Braytech RWP with full auto.
  • Oh the D2 weapon system is extremely dumbed down compared to D1 with far less variety.

It basically comes down to singe perk differences now as the gun archetypes that are otherwise largely indistinguishable. In D1 you had multiple significant perks which would allow for all sorts of interesting synergy. Now it’s either kill clip or rampage or basically you’re not interested.

It makes any new weapon released from Banner or Rallies largely redundant,
    The last exotic patch finally introduced some much-needed verity and character into the game and I’m enjoying the moment to moment much mmore. 

Most of all, I want my Handcannons back. If they’re going back to a single Primary slot then I guess they’d need to rejig everything and maybe give cannons some more utility again.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'm using Crimson which is actually pretty decent.
  • Better devils for me and i love it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Returning to "Is this any good? Fucked if I know!" would be a very stupid move. They can introduce more variety without going back to the dark days of D1.
    #

It's what the vats majority of the community wants. It will greatly increase gun appreciation. If not for the new exotic reworks I'd still be using Nameless Midnight, Better Devils and Curtain Call. Weapons which have been around since the beginning. 

With no unique perks no reason to use others.
  • I can't help that the vast majority are idiots.
  • There's a reason that people bought the dead orbit scout rifle in destiny 1 and stuck with it - it was an excellent roll that you could buy and utilise. I understand why people want something to chase but for me, I want to know I can get a great weapon in a defined way.

If Nameless Midnight was a strike drop rather than a quest reward, I'd grind that strike to get it. But if I've got a 1 in 300 chance of getting the right roll on top of the odds of getting the drop... Fuck that.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I dunno what to say to ye, that's what loot games are like. That's what keeps people playing. The randomization. Borderlands, Diablo, PoE, The Division. They all have random rolls. I understand it's not to everyone's taste. But the community has clearly spoken out about it and want the old Destiny 1 weapon system and random rolls back. 

Maybe there's a happy medium in there somewhere to keep both camps happy as I don't want to see people leave because they feel like a system is being forced down their throat.
  • I'd just rather have loot that's actually good, tbh. Who cares which boring, interchangeable perk you get on your nerfed, boring, mediocre shit gun.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    So, Forsaken, what do we think?
  • I’ll get suckered again I’m sure.
  • Taking the piss with this Annual Pass thing aren't they?
    I thought that's what Eververse was supposed to be for, to fund these minor updates
  • I think that’s for everything in between the big DLC content
  • I get the impression there won't be any big DLC content.
  • Also, fuck random rolls. Into the bin on fire with you.
  • Also, fuck random rolls. Into the bin on fire with you.

Agreed.
    Also fuck this 3 shotguns shit, pvp cunts are killing pve for the rest of us.
    And there not coming back now they get to kill 9 year olds on fortnite and build bigger wooden houses than the 3 little pigs.
    (il still get it no doubt)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, fuck random rolls in PvP.

FTFY.
  • No, fuck them appearing in any way at all.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Wow, wasn't expecting such negativity from people (except Moe who always seems to be).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No, fuck them appearing in any way at all.

Why are they an issue in PvE?
  • Because I can't be bothered having 87 different versions of a gun and not knowing what's better. Multiplied by every gun in the game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ah, right.
    I can't help that the vast majority are idiots.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!