Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • If this game did bloody cross play, we could have all done it together!

I now have the Worldline Zero catalyst, and if I can give you one piece of advice when doing that, it would be to make a note of which bosses you've hit.
  • Thanks to Digi and Dante for a productive evening of D2 - mostly stable internet and multiple quest steps done for multiple weapons and stuff. Was banging.
  • Cheers Dante.

I need to play this more,
    Inventory management simulator the videogame!
  • Want Shadowkeep now but skint as all foook. First pay check, though...:D
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ooh, congrats on that pay check!

I had a look yesterday to see if I could already pre load the f2p thing, but nothing yet. Hopefully I can have it sorted some time around noon, so that there's a chance I can play with some from here! I'm actually looking forward to it, barely know anything about it (I'm not even sure if I've seen trailers) but the fact the ps4 seems to have a couple of regular players and this going f2p (parts at least) makes me want to play it. It's been so long since I've played something like it.
  • I don’t have a pay check.

Was more a when (if) I get one.
  • The game will be offline a bit on Monday - then once it’s back up you should be ok for the F2P part. And yeah, the PS4 community still seems to be ticking along. Hopefully cross save should help a bit with that too.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    O shoot, misunderstood that. Thought you're first check was coming up.

I'll keep an eye out on Monday, would be nice if I could get everything downloaded by then. I remember the one that showed up on Plus took ages.

And happy National Week!
  • Thanking you. Hopefully see you online soon.
  • Destiny goes offline at 6PM, if you needed to do anything before then.
  • On my way home now - will play for a bit. Should be fine as time zone differences work out for me in this case.
  • If you see me on, I'm not actually on. Thought I'd give this AFK farm a try before they take it away.
  • If you see me on, I'm not actually on. Thought I'd give this AFK farm a try before they take it away.

The what?
  • Loading into a forge at low level.
  • Ah I think I know what you mean.

I'm just gonna play normally.

@minnesànger if you want a hand message me or whatever and il join you.
    I just need to farm mats for old armour iv never had. (for wayfarer)
  • I won't be back from work before 6, I don't know if you needed to do anything special, so it may kick me out.
  • I’m on now - happy to do blind well and other various activities.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    That fucking afk farm is why I stopped playing it. 

Now I realise this is a bit daft but I like the Destiny for the loot chase, the 'chat room with occasional shooting' and the rng. I've now realised that the security of the economies in it are surprisingly important to how I perceive the integrity of the game. The fact that you can fuck over other peoples games with this afk shit to get infinite resources to destroy all the ingame economies really got on my goat and I flounced fairly hard. 

It didn't help that at one point in particular was trying to help out a nephew who's going through a tough patch and as a high 5 hunnert chappie who'd just got the Foreskin and was looking to get some Forges done it proved impossible to do now as every bastard is just afking. 
    I've also bounced into it a lot before. Often I've found the forges are now impossible to play. 

Really got on my goat. 

I was saddened that it took so long to patch it out. 

It's still osured my feelings on the whole D2 thing and I'm not day  one-ing it at the minute.

Bit odd but there you go.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It doesn't work it you go in at level. It only works because the time out of failing is longer than the time out for inactivity.If one person is playing properly, it will go on long enough to trigger the inactivity kick.

For example, I went into it at 102. At that level, I'll only meet people who are doing the same thing, because no one actually plays this in the starter gear. If he's in the high 500's, he shouldn't be meeting anyone doing this, so there are obviously a lot of people who don't know how it works.

It's not something I've ever encountered when actually playing the forges. I suspect the reason they left it for so long is because the material economy, specifically for Data Lattice is fucked. The fix is that the first level rewards no materials, so can can still AFK, but you'll get nothing for doing so. It sounds as if the materials will be easier to obtain now, so it's fair enough to block that now.
  • I found forges ridic, also.

The whole game has gone grindy, and I don’t buy the argument you can knock out catalysts and the like through organic play - stuff like the Polaris lance catalyst was 100% balanced for finding exploits and grinding respawning enemies.

But...it’s still fun. I like it. But I’ll never be like I was at the beginning where I had nearly everything. And that’s ok...I think. It’s just a looty chat room.
  • There is a way to AFK farm the Forges without harming anyone else's game (not that I've ever AFK farmed) by low levelling yourself, which is what I'm sure Dante's doing.

Unfortunately, activities that have bounties or challenges attached to them are gonna have AFK'ers. It's not uncommon in the Crucible, and I just expect it in Fucking Gambit.

With the Forges, Bergusia at least seems immune, as anyone who's got there is pretty serious about it.
  • Interestingly, I did the other half of that Fighting Lion catalyst in a day, so I think some certainly can be done.

The only one I've farmed is Sunshot, and to be honest that was some of the most fun I've had, due to how hilarious that weapon is at close quarters.
  • Fighting Lion ain’t bad. Like I said - Polaris Lance was one of the worst. That required very specific setups that would take weeks, if not months, to fulfil organically.
  • Oh, that's the one that needs Perfect 5th kills. Yeah, I've still not managed that.
  • Oh, that's the one that needs Perfect 5th kills. Yeah, I've still not managed that.

No-one has managed it. Without watching a YouTube vid and grinding certain spots for 4 hours.

Like me. :(
  • Gave myself a gutpuch earlier. Sent a message to rave to see if he was interested in co-op then checked the last message I sent him:

Me: Fancy helping mostly with Callus?

Him: Sure I’ll jump on now.
  • The only one I've farmed is Sunshot, and to be honest that was some of the most fun I've had, due to how hilarious that weapon is at close quarters.

Did you try the Nessus "The enemy is moving against each other" spawn portal trick ?

Get the right timing and the subsequent minutes long chain reaction is one of the most amazing things I've seen in this game.
  • Pretty sure that was Mostly’s successful raid run.

• With the Forges, Bergusia at least seems immune, as anyone who's got there is pretty serious about it.

I think your right, must have done Bergusia 75-100 times. I've never encountered anybody afk'ing.
    Can-of-sprite
  • The only one I've farmed is Sunshot, and to be honest that was some of the most fun I've had, due to how hilarious that weapon is at close quarters.
    Did you try the Nessus "The enemy is moving against each other" spawn portal trick ? Get the right timing and the subsequent minutes long chain reaction is one of the most amazing things I've seen in this game.

Aye, that's the one, it's utterly brilliant.
    Gave myself a gutpuch earlier. Sent a message to rave to see if he was interested in co-op then checked the last message I sent him: Me: Fancy helping mostly with Callus? Him: Sure I’ll jump on now.

Oof. Always brings a tear to the eye when I spot him on the clan list. He's damn well not being removed though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!