Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Oh.
    '
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Well, cross saves activated. 

But still saying can't contact servers for silver.
  • Christ, bungie and steam sites in combo are a fucking nightmare. Someone take ownership of an issue. 

Both forums filled with people going bungie says it;s steam, and steam says it bungie.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Christ, bungie and steam sites in combo are a fucking nightmare. Someone take ownership of an issue. 

Both forums filled with people going bungie says it;s steam, and steam says it bungie.

Yup. Same issue when I had problems with buying the game on the wrong PSN account.

Bungie: not our problem, talk to Sony
    Sony: Not our problem, talk to Bungie
  • I'm definitely feeling the lack of seasonal bounties though. Ikora's Vex Offensive bounties were my bread and butter for blasting through last season's ranks in no time. I can see the current season pass taking a fair bit longer to get through.

This is deffo true.

The Obelisk bounties are fine but:

1. They’re weekly
    2. They don’t make you do sundial
    3. Sundial rewards are nice but limited without levelling up obelisks

This means that, week 1, running sundial feels like a bit of a waste of time. I’ll do it for fun because, hey, I like fun. But there really should be at least 3 or 4 sundial specific dailies to make sure you don’t feel like you’re losing XP possibilities by running it.
  • Although, counter-point to myself:

Sundial actually feels more rewarding than most due to the sundial link system. Being able to manage a pool of possible rewards is super cool, and is menagerie-like in terms of player agency. There’s also no tokens to grind for - you run it and pick a reward from a pool you set up.

Simple.
    Fast.
    Reliable.
    Rewarding.
  • Agreed, with the exception of Osiris not having daily bounties, the Sundial and obelisks are great.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Christ, bungie and steam sites in combo are a fucking nightmare. Someone take ownership of an issue. 

Yup. Same issue when I had problems with buying the game on the wrong PSN account.

Bungie: not our problem, talk to Sony
    Sony: Not our problem, talk to Bungie

This proves its Bungie's issue
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It absolutely is Bungies issue, but it's one where it's confusing enough that most people will give up.
  • Got my Perfect Paradox with Swashbuckler (hurrah!) and Underdog (Shrug). Still great.

Unfortunately the end of the questline following that (corridors of time) bugged out. Completed it, but nothing happened. Had to leave activity and will re-do it tomorrow. Not the end of the world, but i've found Season of the Dawn a bit buggier than normal, i'll be honest. Had a few occasions where sundial checkpoints haven't activated either, leaving the group stuck unable to start the round. Shame. hope there's some fixes on the way.
  • Can answer that and say they are aware and it's on their bug fix list.

Have just done the rounds and been on the help forum.

(for some reason, it's hard to find via website, it's like the ui on the game, unnecessarily messy.)

Help.bungie.net is the forum you want.

Got an answer to my issue. I'd turned off steam overlay trying to sort issues with slay the spire.

Sounds like it's required for buying silver.
  • The sidearms buff, oh my. Back where I left off. I wish everyone on my team went for them, starve the opposition of special ammo, and omg top tree solarlock in solo survival omg woosh taptaptap hahaha your shotty no good her,e ape .reload, kill clip tap tap tap up here bro, your erentil cheap kills not vertically available is it *sideways bunp* woosh taptaptap, shaxx going nuts. Float above door after grabbing heavy, enemy pops supper SCHLOOONG u got tractored buddy.

It's amazing to me how different survival plays in solo queue, so much fun.
  • Yeah I really like sideys, especially the burstfire ones.
  • This is the anonymous autumn or whatnot, with full auto and kill clip (one with zen moment is good but with ophidians I go for killclip)

Works best for 3v3 as basically the approach is to use verticality to confuse ahotgunners/fusions and in 6v6 you will get clipped by teammates.

Top tree solar warlock, absolutely superb for escaping with your life after being hyper aggressive. Disrupts opposition, makes them vulnerable to teammates. Top tier.
  • Well, credit to help forum, turning on steam overlay did immediately sort my issue.

I'd agree that for levelling being able to go to ikora was handy, but I think they've tried to balance it with the spread of season stuff across all planets.

Between gun merch, hitting up menag robot, strikes guy and planet stuff, feels like you can have a lot of bounties on the go. Plus the weekly stuff for strikes, flashpoint etc.

Already rank 9, halfway to 10, and if feels like I can do 2 and a bit ranks in 2 hours. Even if I only do a single sundial run and the rest is faffing on planet.

I really should get back into pvp next week too.
  • Also, lol at me. Never looked at the new solar tree so spent half the week with no melee attack or new hold down bumper options.
  • The new Dawning bounties from Eva are really helping with the season ranks, gonna be doing those every day the event's on if I can.

Oh, and the EDZ obelisk is bugged.  Many players (myself included) can't interact with it once they've completed the quest to unlock it.  The early fixes seem to revolve around going back to orbit and re-loading the EDZ and trying again, or loading in to some other landing zone and travelling over before trying again.  Yeah really.  Been at this for half an hour with no joy.  

Gotta say, it's not as fun a bug as the current Wish Ender or Telesto bugs.
  • Was wondering about that.

They've been known to be so opake on things, I was just, meh, I guess there's something else I have to do.
  • The new Dawning bounties from Eva are really helping with the season ranks, gonna be doing those every day the event's on if I can. Oh, and the EDZ obelisk is bugged.  Many players (myself included) can't interact with it once they've completed the quest to unlock it.  The early fixes seem to revolve around going back to orbit and re-loading the EDZ and trying again, or loading in to some other landing zone and travelling over before trying again.  Yeah really.  Been at this for half an hour with no joy.   Gotta say, it's not as fun a bug as the current Wish Ender or Telesto bugs.

The theory seems to be that if you load into an instance of someone who hasn't completed it, it will be bugged.

For the record, in addition to that, I tried closing destiny down, powering off the console and unplugging it, before noticing I had a System update outstanding. It worked after this. I believe this  makes the instance theory likely.
  • Ah, cool.  The PS4's shut down for now, will try again later with my fingers crossed.
  • Happened to me also, a few jumps to orbit and back and it eventually woke the fuck up.

Sidearm news: Farm yourself a Trav's Judgement 5 with Feeding Frenzy via the Nessus obelisk and Sundial. Really nice piece of kit.
  • And yes of course I bought the Bearmobile. How could I not.

It handles like fucking bear too lol.
  • Aye, I'm gonna be farming that Traveler's Judgement plus Breachlight this weekend. I spent over a thousand legendary shards with the Cryptarch trying to get one of the updated Last Hope sidearms yesterday, didn't get a single Last Hope and nothing else was worth keeping. RIP me.

Also nearly bought the 2017 Dawning Titan armour from Eververse just for that helmet.

I still might.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Are people gonna be around a lot between Christmas / New Year? I haven't played much since the season change, should probably do something about that.
  • Im on today and tomorrow and will probably be about a reasonable amount. If you see me on, just drop an invite.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'll be about. I'm lowly Light Level 904. So the grind is real.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Cinty, yeah i definitely want to finish the Forsaken stuff. Won't be around tonight as I don't have the TV, and i probably won't be awake early enough to catch you then. Maybe your Sunday morning?

I really feel like the season change has dropped my interest in this game by quite a bit for some reason. Could also be Iceborne but I have played that much either.
  • I'll be off for the days after christmas, so will be on then Nina
  • Nina wrote:
    @Cinty, yeah i definitely want to finish the Forsaken stuff. Won't be around tonight as I don't have the TV, and i probably won't be awake early enough to catch you then. Maybe your Sunday morning?

I really feel like the season change has dropped my interest in this game by quite a bit for some reason. Could also be Iceborne but I have played that much either.

This season had definitely coincided with a drop in players - although I also think that’s to do with real-world pre-holidays work and family stuff for people, as well.

Funny thing is, if you don’t have the season pass, the change in season doesn’t really matter that much. For you, there’s still a lot to do, but a lot of it may be habit and psychological.

I’ll be ok Sunday morning, my time, happy to continue our warlock forsaken run.
  • Plus, tbh, burnout for those that never took a break.

For my part I’m exhausted and haven’t played games in general. Been back on D2 the last couple of days and it’s felt...nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!