Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I used that for the Fusion kills in Vex Offensive. It's brutal on groups.
  • Still think loaded question is better in terms of, you know, the DEEPS and accuracy. I’d argue that is closer to ritual than pinnacle, but it’s still very good. Great, in fact.
    Agree with all that. I'll be using it a hell lot as I've come to love special GL's (and this is especially fun to use), but when Reservoir Burst is active Loaded Question is something else. Gonna grab the sidearm next.

Yeah, Reservoir Burst is incredible. I'll usually pop a shot, switch weapons, let it auto-reload and then repeat. Amazing for add clear, even elites, especially if you can get a couple of mobs blowing up.

I think you'll like the sidearm - and it actually has a surprisingly good range, which is usually where sidearms struggle.
  • I've been getting my Rat Pack on to unlock the sidearm, off the back of the Ms5000Watts video.
  • Ah, the sidearm I’m referring to isn’t the quest one - buzzard.

I’m talking about Breachlight.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Breachlight is top shit!
  • So does everyone have the paid for season pass?
    I have no idea what to do without it, it just always says 'you need season pass to do this' or simular.
    Then proceeds to offer me to go to psn store to buy silver.

I was loving it till I had no season pass and now I know how shitty the other end of the stick is I can see why some folks don't bother.

• Aye, but I spend far more time playing the regular activities than I do playing the actual seasonal activities.  Can see how it'd be an issue for you though, Davie. I mean, you must've played everything there is to play countless times over, and irrespective of how much content that is, it's only gonna hold your interest for so long.
  • I think you'll like the sidearm - and it actually has a surprisingly good range, which is usually where sidearms struggle.
    Curtis wrote:
    Breachlight is top shit!

Was already interested, this made me very interested.  Then I watched this breakdown from Ehroar and that sealed it.  This vid also has some good info and demonstrations on where Recluse is atm ( @Brooks ).

• Interesting. I wonder if it tops the O'law/Ramp Smuggler's I've been using forever, time to investigate.

I suppose the problem here though is that it's a kinetic so anyone with that Izanagi or similar in their top slot is still going to be shopping around.
  • I have Izanagi's but never use it. I really don't like snipers in this game, which is unusual for me. It looks great though. Sometimes I'll equip it and just walk 'round the Tower with it on my back, all "fuck yeah" like.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So I'm at the step of Izanagi's where I just have to cross my fingers that I get a fancy bounty? This is a big pile of shit.

On the plus side I think I really do like Gambit.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • So, Hawthorne’s seems to drop from Prime Engrams, at the very least. Had 2 now.
  • Dammit! Still no Hawthorne's here. Got another Uriel's during a Sundial run though, but with bad rolls again.  Also got an Old Fashioned from general play and damn am I enjoying using that again. Explosive Payload is a legit perk on handcannons after the range nerf.
  • Yeah, the respeced year 1 weapons leave me feeling a bit weird.

I mean...I have a good Hawthorne's again, hooray! That weapon was my go to in Leviathan baths and dogs, along with pretty much everything else (curtain call for Calus, obviously). 

It still packs a punch and I've used it a lot today in a Hawthorne's + Fighting Lion combo. Bliss.

But...

BUT...

I think some of the personality of these weapons has been lost with the random rolls. For me Hawthorne's wasnt just a great shotgun. It was the full-auto shotgun. It still has a good rate of fire, so it's no biggie, but nothing competed with in on that front until perfect paradox. 

I kinda wish they let some rolls on the weapon be random but kept the defining perk for the gun as intrinsic. As it is now, it looks like Hawthorne's, it hits like Hawthorne's...but it doesn't feel like Hawthorne's. At least, not completely.
  • Admittedly, that's me being picky. It's still a great gun.

On a lighter note, playing warlock and jumping through the air shooting Fighting Lion makes me feel like Pharah from Overwatch! It's eerily similar.
  • I do get that. Hopefully I can get a full auto roll on Hawthornes.
  • Subbax wrote:
    So I'm at the step of Izanagi's where I just have to cross my fingers that I get a fancy bounty? This is a big pile of shit. 

I think they upped the drop rate, so hopefully you'll get one soon.

I have the bounty ticked off and ready to pop but can't get help going through the izanagis forge. Once that's done I should be golden.

I feel your pain.
  • Yeah, the respeced year 1 weapons leave me feeling a bit weird... For me Hawthorne's wasnt just a great shotgun. It was the full-auto shotgun...  I kinda wish they let some rolls on the weapon be random but kept the defining perk for the gun as intrinsic.

I'm with you, and I have kinda curated updated Y1 weapons like this myself.  My Y2 Better Devils had to have Explosive Payload for example, Snapshot Sights was a nice bonus.  And yeah Hawthorne's without Full Auto just wouldn't feel right. 

With other Y1 guns - like Uriel's, Last Hope, Swift Ride, Atalanta - the main perks were good but it was the overall stats and how they all came together that made them for me, and I'd definitely take a good random roll on these over focusing on something like Headseeker or Tap the Trigger for authenticity. 

I s'pose it all depends on the individual weapon, how iconic it's main perk was compared to its general performance, and how I feel about wanting to keep that as it was. But hey, at least we're getting some different world drops to the usual Forsaken stuff!
  • To be honest, my Better Devils doesn't have Explosive Payload, but I think I prefer it with my roll. I use it mostly Crucible though.
  • Ooh, what did you get?
  • Better Devils without explosive payload...doesn't seem like better devils.

I'm with stormy on the personal curation, though. Some perks were more defining than others. I did define Last Hope by the full auto (I differ from stormy there) and Curtain Call was cluster bomb!

But Uriels and Positive Outlook could work in several setups. Same with Atalanta, Antiope and a few others.
  • Ooh, what did you get?

Outlaw/Killclip I believe.
  • Aye, that's pretty damn good.

Continuing the Y1 weapon stuff, I've just got the updated Perfect Paradox shotty from Osiris. I was very late in trying out the OG, as I'd stopped playing when The Curse of Osiris launched, and I only got hold of it a couple of months ago in my quest to get the Wayfarer title. I do love it though, a Y1 shotty with a full auto frame plus Rampage and Flared Magwell, it more than held it's own in Y2 PvE.  

The new one - still full auto but with Swashbuckler and Demolitionist. Brilliant rolls and I've no doubt it'll be my new go-to kinetic shotty. And while there's no Rampage, Swashbuckler is similar enough that it still feels like the old gun. In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that even if/when we can get random rolls for this I can't see that I'll bother.

They really did do a fine job with the weapons for Season of Dawn, the returning guns and the new Saint-14 stuff alike.
  • I'm definitely feeling the lack of seasonal bounties though. Ikora's Vex Offensive bounties were my bread and butter for blasting through last season's ranks in no time. I can see the current season pass taking a fair bit longer to get through.
  • I don't even know what to do without the season pass, everything seems locked without it.

FUCK YOU BUNGIE!
  • digi wrote:
    I don't even know what to do without the season pass, everything seems locked without it.

FUCK YOU BUNGIE!

I'm a little confused.

But also I was about to come in and ask if there's an issue/error with buying silver.

I can see the stuff in the season rank on the bottom as far as what unlocks I don't get, but so far I can't find anything that I can't access yet.

(granted I have only just unlocked sundial activity, so maybe there's stuff after that.)

Im happy to pay for season pas, but I keep getting an error when I click on buy silver or get season pass. Can't seem to buy silver outside of game either. So I dunno.

What am I missing?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Oh, a quick google is leading me to believe I need to have completed certain campaigns. I assume the OG campaign. I have, but could it be that the cross save didn't work?
  • Just checked the clan page, you're not showing as having cross save enabled, Face.  Steam only.

Edit: Or did you mean account migration from Bnet? If so I've no idea.
  • I came from blizzard to steam. Save came with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!