Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Loaded Question and Edgewise got!

Nice going! Loaded Question is unreal when that perk is active, was laugh out loud funny in Y2 with the various insta-reloads available.

I'm a big fan of Juju as well. The increased super energy on kills is very welcome, it also having basically Rampage, being full auto, and having auto reloads on kills makes it one of my top pick PvE primaries.  Dunno what it's like in PvP, but fuck that joke of an afterthought.
  • Been using Loaded Question in Vex Offensive for fusion kills. Its great for groups.
  • I think I might try getting that Izanagi rifle, I think the questline isn't bugged any more?
  • Or maybe not, since I have to do Shattered Throne in it, and that's basically not possible solo.
  • There is a triumph for doing so.
  • Not possible for me. Me.
  • I also need to do Izanagi - still on the forge part. The weekly rotation makes progress slow and I hate doing forges with matchmaking as often I get dropped in solo, or with morans.

Have a rare bounty which I’ve nearly run out of time on for forges, too.

Sigh.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've got two keys done but missed the rotation for third yesterday so it's was on the grindy forge yesterday and I'm still collecting glimmering something.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Finally got the Sleeper Simulant. For some reason I thought I was getting a pulse rifle.
  • Djornson wrote:
    I don't think i've logged in since getting an X and 4K HDR etc etc. Wow it looks good, like a completely different game

Seriously it's ridiculous. Seems like most of you are PC now though?
  • Honestly, fuck Crown of Sorrows final boss.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Seems like most of you are PC now though?

There's a good few on PC (especially with cross-save) but PS4's still the most popular platform.  

I know a few people (myself included) that have been quiet the last couple of weeks, but will be back on more regularly with Season of Dawn.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Seems like most of you are PC now though?

There's a good few on PC (especially with cross-save) but PS4's still the most popular platform.  

I know a few people (myself included) that have been quiet the last couple of weeks, but will be back on more regularly with Season of Dawn.

Yep if cooled off it a bit but anytime I get the signal I hop on and play, best sociable game.
    Cool people.
    Best times.

Next season should be fun.
  • Got my forges ticked off, so have the rare bounty ready for pop for izanagi. Also got another key. Just need one more forge key and watcher lenses.

Also did some menagerie and got the shotty twice in one run which was nice. Neither roll was amazing, but it’ll do for now.

Next step, get some menagerie armour going so I can get the rest of those tributes for the Juju catalyst.

Edit:

Technically the menagerie armour isn’t necessary as I do have a full set of leviathan armour, and it’s not bad...but it’s YR1 and could probably do with some armour 2.0 rolls.
  • Finially finished Crown of Sorrow last night.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've just got to the forge part of the key mold step so two forges and I'm getting close, I think.
  • Think I have enough tokens to get the Menagerie to spit out the gear I'd like to try. All the other gearquests in my list are too much of a hassle at this point.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So, what's the quickest way to get xp? I'm at 38000 / 100000 for level 35, so that's the exotic bow in the pass I think?

I spend so much time today to get there and I don't wanna play anymore for now. So I'll have to do it tomorrow.

Also, @Cinty I played some Nightfall on hero today and got my rank above 1, so now I do have the quest from Zavala that I couldn't get the other day.
  • The level 35 exotic is a handcannon - not the bow. The bow was a quest that came to season pass owners. But, it’s a solid handcannon.

Quickest way for XP is probably bounties - check for ones that have XP as a reward.

There may be others but I’m not 100% sure...
  • For pure exp if you're soloing, get a bunch of quests from vex offensive lady. Who's name is gone from my brain. Near hawthorne in tower.

Get the simpler weekly one. Get vex offensive one. Grab gunsmith ones. Get bounties from eris morn on moon as well. You should be able to stack a bunch. I just did it now for about an hour and went from 79 to 82.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • 2 vex offensives and chase public events and hope for other folks fighting gatelords.

• Oh shit. Sorry. I can't remember if you have shadowkeep.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Don't have Shadowkeep yet. I'm waiting to see what they'll do with it when this season ends. I'm guessing you'll just get the pass for next season. Seeing as I'm not even halfway through it, I'm not sure if season passes are for me.
    The level 35 exotic is a handcannon - not the bow. The bow was a quest that came to season pass owners. But, it’s a solid handcannon.
    Oh, I forgot. The name ends with Vow and since it takes too much effort to read the small font I subconsciously put it in the bow section.

Looks like bounties are indeed the way to go, find a reddit thread that mentioned doing that too. I'll pick up some new ones tomorrow, hopefully I can get enough done to get the weapon.

And Eris Morn is a Shadowkeep character? I have a quest "???????" that says to visit her, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. So I guess I need to pay for that one.

I'm trying so hard to get my quest list down but it just isn't happening. Would love if I could re order them myself, instead of the game just randomizing them everytime you look.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    It's Eriana's Vow but I could've sworn I got a quest from Banshee or someone.  I'm not 35 yet, was a little annoyed that it's in the season pass too.

I've just found the massive floating barge thingy with the weird chests.  I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with the tributes.  I bought a bunch and put them in the pedestals, didn't 'activate' them though so it's just got a hologram of sorts visible.
  • Subbax wrote:
    It's Eriana's Vow but I could've sworn I got a quest from Banshee or someone.  I'm not 35 yet, was a little annoyed that it's in the season pass too.

I've just found the massive floating barge thingy with the weird chests.  I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with the tributes.  I bought a bunch and put them in the pedestals, didn't 'activate' them though so it's just got a hologram of sorts visible.

Once you have bought enough tributes (enough to have the dogs in the central part) the chest will unlock and give a quest for Bad Juju. Then you need a load more tributes to buy the catalyst.

For the non-purchased tributes, check your triumphs - most need you to complete activities in Leviathan / Menagerie-related gear or with weapons from that set.

Edit:

The tributes are expensive. But if you do the statue bounties you’ll get discounts. Permanent 1% discount per bounty up to 80%.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I think I might just grind some bounties and then come back to the tributes later on.

I don't know what the Menagerie is.  I've heard about it here but don't know where to go for it.
  • It’s the icon to the left of the tribute hall icon. You might need an invite to unlock it first - but you’ve probably done that if you met statue dude. If not, try the robot on the barge on Nessus.
  • A brief intro to the menagerie:

The menagerie is a 6-person matchmade activity. It’s effectively a series of challenges that have raid-style mechanics, but done very quickly. It takes about as long as a strike. If you fail a room, you don’t fail the menagerie - you just get sent to another challenge. When you have enough points, you fight a boss and unlock a chest. It’s great fun.

The appeal of the menagerie to players besides just fun, though, is gear. Specifically, you’ll have a chalice which you slot runes in to. Different combinations of runes will give you different types of guaranteed gear at the end. This means that if you want a specific gun e.g. the menagerie shotgun, you set up your chalice with the appropriate runes and you’re guaranteed to get that gun when you finish.

This makes it perfect for people who need specific armour pieces or sets, as well as those chasing specific weapons. It also makes it easy to “re-roll” a weapon by just repeating the chalice setup and getting it again.

However, the chalice takes time to upgrade. You’ll need to be doing bounties (from the robots) every chance you get as they give you imperials (currency) and runes. You’ll need these.

So, if you can...start early, as it will probably be a few weeks before you’re able to reliably run the chalice setups you want. Until you get a few unlocks, you’ll need to grind a bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!