Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • My void Titan build with el'wells fucking slaps at the moment. Everything explodes all the time.
  • Brooks wrote:
    My void Titan build with el'wells fucking slaps at the moment. Everything explodes all the time.

That's what I run, heart of inmost light exotic chest too so everything is empowered.
  • It's very hard to not run it all the time innit. If they ever actually nerf HOIL I may be a bit sore.
  • Pretty promising bunch of info yesterday about how they're making buildcrafting more sensible and flexible. The end of mandatory champ mods etc. Now they just need to end the mandatory light level grind...
  • Yeah that's all good stuff. The gameplay restrictions via champions and match-game really did a number on my desire to put time into end-game stuff at the beginning of the year and I bounced hard off the game. 

I've been dallying with new seasons since, but I think I'll leave a proper return 'til they implement all these fixes with Lightfall. 

And yeah, the light level grind can get in the bin.
  • That was something I left out of my rant.

Yeah, I need pinnacle gear, but the activities have these champions in them.

So I have to use guns that I don't want to use because only certain ones can use the mods. The guns may not be the ones that have Deepsight, so I can't even use the guns I don't want to use, but have to use for this other thing.
  • Bit the bullet and grabbed Lightfall plus the Annual Pass and I'm determined to spend more time with the game this year. I mean, if the new campaign is as good as The Witch Queen I'll be happy enough, but add Strand, that awesome looking new location, some much needed QoL fixes, Dungeons/Raids, and whatever seasonal shenanigans they have up their sleeves and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth yet again. Even if my days of grinding drops for a hundred+ hours per season are long gone.  

Pre-loading atm.
  • I just bit and bought the deluxe edition.
    Forgot to grab all my season pass stuff with hunter and warlock and servers are down till reset now.

Very much looking forward to getting on.
  • Played a few missions from the campaign last night and was left underwhelmed and then some. It felt like rather than focus on what made The Witch Queen so good they doubled down on what made every other campaign so mediocre. I mean, the opening mission wasn't bad, but I mistakenly expected it to ramp up from there. Fingers crossed it gets better.

I haven't spent much time with the new mod/buildcrafting system or strand yet, but just knowing I have easy access to loadouts does make me happy.
  • I've just unlocked the new area, and it is very pretty.
  • I've just unlocked the new area, and it is very pretty.

Saw you on first mission and was gonna join you but weren't sure you'd want me to, so I did some placement matches in crucible instead. :(
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Steam review wins:
    At this point, Bungie should just hand over the story writing to ChatGPT. It would probably do a better job.
  • Lol, yeah. 

Honestly, I'm having to force myself to continue playing through the campaign, it really is a return to the soul-sapping mediocrity of Shadowkeep and Beyond Light, but with far worse writing. Besides that - the new area feels empty and bland, the mod changes seem to have made all my builds worse, Strand grapple is the worst video game grapple, and fucking Nimrod can fuck right off. Sub-Jar Jar Binks cunt of a character. Plus, what's going on with his dog shit in-game model and the Cloud Strider's 70's kung-fu movie dub-quality lip synching? 

I might be done with Destiny.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I was thinking of playing but with all the negative feeback I won't bother. One thing is for sure, those Bungie ViDocs are A+ at building hype and false hope. Christ.
  • Finally finished the campaign this morning and while the last few missions were an improvement, the story was a real let down. 

In something of a surprise to myself, I didn't turn off the game at that point and uninstall, but rather carried on playing. Got a couple of exotic quests on the go, doing some exploring, slowly unlocking Strand, and wishing Nimrod would die every time he opens his mouth. 

Dunno how long all the extras will keep me engaged, but this'll do for now.
  • I'm at about the same point.
    Quite tough campaign I found bit enjoyable becouse if it.
  • Yeah, I found that final boss fight in particular pretty tough. Enjoyed it though.
  • I quite enjoyed the campaign, though it was nowhere near as good as Witch Queen.

I've not quite worked out how to use Strand alongside weapons, though thats partly because they kept taking it off us.
  • Yeah, all that stuff only really becomes usable with the post campaign fragment unlocks.

Been working on them with my Warlock, got seven fragments unlocked now and got the Quicksilver Storm catalyst that makes it a Strand weapon. There are some really nice weapon synergies there - from giving your Strand weapons Unravelling Rounds with a powered melee, to generating grenade energy by dealing damage, to creating Threadlings with Strand weapon kills. 

The Osteo Striga/Necrotic Grips combo also work sickeningly well with both the Strand melee and the charged Shackle grenades. I think Strand might be a challenger for Void as my Warlock's main subclass.
  • As much as I didn't enjoy the story and a big chunk of the campaign, the post-campaign quests and activities are scratching the itch, and I haven't even started on the seasonal stuff yet.
  • Okay, the meat of the game post-campaign is pretty great. I'm fully sold on Strand, it's awesome on Warlock for both poison spreading ad-clear and heavy CC builds. Got a nice strand SMG and a few really good machine gun rolls to complement the later, it helps that Terminal Overload is really fun to play. Got the new exotic machine gun and played my fist of the seasonal Battlegrounds as well last night and had a blast with both of those missions.

Fingers crossed the overwhelming early negativity was just people airing their frustration with the terrible story and that they stuck with it after that (I almost bailed), because the rest of the expansion really is very good.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I’ve still not finished the campaign but have been playing lots, just the usual bits and bobs and the seasonal content.
  • @stormy: that's exactly what I did yesterday.

Post campaign is great really except maybe a little too many public events, but the missions themselves and the strike is really good and enjoyable.

Like the way they have incorporated d1 story ending.
  • I've only just realised that armour doesn't have an energy type any more.

Thank the Traveller.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I still think €100 is highway thievery for the delux edition.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    I still think €100 is highway thievery for the delux edition.

Depends on what they deliver for the rest of the 4 seasons and dungeons etc.
    If you really like the game and play it as much as I do then it's cheaper and easier than buying everything separate.
  • If you're gonna get all seasons, you may as get the dickhead edition.
  • I went full dickhead. Got it for around £59 on CDKeys. Can't grumble at that for everything you get from it.

And yeah more ways to get more meditations would have been good @digi . It's a bit stingy besides Terminal Overload.
  • Fuck me I'm gonna buy the regular edition for PS5 as well as soon as it goes on sale aren't I? What a mug.
  • I kinda love how a few weeks ago Bungie said they weren't gonna make any more secret exotic quests then go and drop a secret exotic quest with reset.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!