Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I kinda love how a few weeks ago Bungie said they weren't gonna make any more secret exotic quests then go and drop a secret exotic quest with reset.

Is it regarded as part of base lightfall or is it Seasonal content?
  • Most places don't seem to state which one it is, but Prima and Dot Esports are saying it's seasonal content.
  • That's good. Might be able to grab it then - picked up Witch Queen on sale recently and had enough Silver to just buy the season outright without needing to spend anything on Lightfall.
  • Good stuff. How you getting on with The Witch Queen? For me it was by far the strongest Destiny campaign, although if I still think the opening mission from Forsaken is the best individual campaign mission they've ever made.
  • I kinda love how a few weeks ago Bungie said they weren't gonna make any more secret exotic quests then go and drop a secret exotic quest with reset.

They said they wanted to do more secret missions!
  • Aye, but I thought they said the reality was that secret missions weren't feasible with the current state of data mining? Or did I just misread the whole thing? That is entirely possible, and indeed probable.
  • Good stuff. How you getting on with The Witch Queen? For me it was by far the strongest Destiny campaign, although if I still think the opening mission from Forsaken is the best individual campaign mission they've ever made.

Yeah, the TWQ seems really good, though the destiny spell has been broken for me, I’m not really engaging with the game beyond that. Legendary difficulty is nice, and I’ve done a few missions in that, but feel it’d be better with a fireteam member or two.

Yeah, the TWQ seems really good, though the destiny spell has been broken for me, I’m not really engaging with the game beyond that. Legendary difficulty is nice, and I’ve done a few missions in that, but feel it’d be better with a fireteam member or two.

Always about shout me any time.
  • digi wrote:
    Good stuff. How you getting on with The Witch Queen? For me it was by far the strongest Destiny campaign, although if I still think the opening mission from Forsaken is the best individual campaign mission they've ever made.

Yeah, saw you (and Dante) on yesterday, but wasn't sure you'd wanna do Witch Queen Campaign content. If I see you on again next time, i'll give you a ping. Wouldn't mind Campaign and some seasonal content.
  • digi wrote:
    Good stuff. How you getting on with The Witch Queen? For me it was by far the strongest Destiny campaign, although if I still think the opening mission from Forsaken is the best individual campaign mission they've ever made.

Yeah, saw you (and Dante) on yesterday, but wasn't sure you'd wanna do Witch Queen Campaign content. If I see you on again next time, i'll give you a ping. Wouldn't mind Campaign and some seasonal content.

I'm always down for some destiny stuff.
  • Bought lightfall. I'm gonna be so lost when I dive back in.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I feel like a recovering junky every time I read this thread.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Wanna hit??
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

Haha I can relate....
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    digi wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Wanna hit??

If me and the missus ever split up again, I'll relapse.
  • So good cinematic to start. Feel like I've missed a bit.

If my last regular play was when it just went f2p, fingers crossed I can work out what's happening and do things in order.
  • So, legendary campaign final boss is off the charts difficult.

You can always cheese it a bit.
    Spoiler:

Give me a shout for help anytime.
  • Wow. Lots of additions as far as mods, aspects etc etc. Gonna be a fair bit of meta to work out later.

All my old gear starts at 1600. What's the new cap? If I'm going through beyond light, witch queen and lightfall?
  • 1750 / 1800 soft and hard caps. Blues stop dropping at soft cap.

The difference in that fight from normal to legendary difficulty is whiplash inducing.

@digi The stage 1 cheese spot is great, and a handy grapple can set you up for stage 2 cheese!

The difference in that fight from normal to legendary difficulty is whiplash inducing.

@digi The stage 1 cheese spot is great, and a handy grapple can set you up for stage 2 cheese!

Aye that's how iv done it.
    And helped a few others too.
  • Yeah I totally cheesed stage one.

Campaign not as good as WQ's at all really, and I resented every time it asked me to use Strand when I have a perfectly decent re-tuned Void Titan HOIL build (re-spec'd since the nerf, still owns) but I kind of enjoyed the fuck-you-now-what ending.
  • Am I using Rose coloured glasses or has the game lost a step on a couple of fronts. Feel like some of the shadows and other effects are a bit patchy, and also feel like enemy behaviour is far more impacted by lag. Seeing a while lot of enemies sketching around when they first appear.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Am I using Rose coloured glasses or has the game lost a step on a couple of fronts. Feel like some of the shadows and other effects are a bit patchy, and also feel like enemy behaviour is far more impacted by lag. Seeing a while lot of enemies sketching around when they first appear.

I wouldn't disagree with you as I've noticed the shadows as well. Horrendous flickering... I imagine several years of iterative design has manifested what we see to be less polish in certain areas of the game. 

I just read an excert from a post I made on here in 2015. Funny how things change, definitely NOT the game it used to be.
    To be fair, if Bungie made a Parrot simulator I'd probably play that. Whatever the controversy surrounding the company in the past few years with Joe Staten and Marty O'Donnell leaving I've always been a huge, massive Bungie fan. I knew from the moment I played the Beta I was going to love Destiny. It just ticks a lot of my boxes. Loot, guns, Sci-Fi and PvE excursions. Again though, the games been made infinity more enjoyable thanks the all the Badgers that play. I firmly believe that if Bungie continue to listen to fans and improve Destiny at it's current rate that it will undoubtedly be my all time favourite game. It certainly has the potential, I think we all know that.
  • Is this a PC issue, because I'm not seeing that on PS5.
  • Was gonna ask the same.
  • I'm not seeing any of that on PC tbf.

If anything it looks and feels phenomenal considering its age, and from what I've seen so far the expansion is an example of something done right in this era of shoddy PC ports.
  • It triumphs for the age of engine because Bungle retain a basically best-in-class art department.
  • Nah, series x. Can't seem to adjust settings either.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!