MERRY FLIPPIN’ CHRISTMAS, BADGERS!
  • We just had a Christmas quiz and one of the questions was a karate related one in which the answer was entirely incorrect but nobody would listen to the guy who’s been heavily involved in that world for 24 years!
    I got on my bloody high horse for that one, family friendly quiz be damned
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Did he pronounce it kara-tay?
  • No. Just asked a question about the order of the belts.
    I said “hang on, which style? Which system? Which school within said System? Are we talking WKF or JKA recognised?
    You do realise that the belt system is often pretty much decided by the instructor right? I run half graded involving stripes and with that I run two different syllabuses for kids and for adults and both of those have different grades...”

They all then told me to shut up and move on
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • That's when you demonstrate techniques on the table.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Screaming "you can't handle the truth"
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "2089: Badgers"
    That's a quote by the way, I'm not saying from what.

Keep your shit clean, everyone, stay crisp, stay clean. Get a Badger tattoo. And fucking burn anything that makes you feel like you're not worth it/them/this.

Love youse too, like.

Except fucking woolybacks. Youse are bad weapons.

X
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Hope all had a wonderful Christmas!!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    That's when you demonstrate techniques on the table.

This, if you didn't chop the table in half with your bare hands I'll be very disappointed.
  • I just called bullshit before flipping the table over and roundhousing the quizmaster
  • No. Just asked a question about the order of the belts. I said “hang on, which style? Which system? Which school within said System? Are we talking WKF or JKA recognised? You do realise that the belt system is often pretty much decided by the instructor right? I run half graded involving stripes and with that I run two different syllabuses for kids and for adults and both of those have different grades...” 

Then they all danced around the table doing this at me

full.jpg
  • I used to do Muay Thai, belts are for keeping your trousers up.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    I used to do Muay Thai, belts are for keeping your trousers up.

Exactly.
    In my particular club (the one I Train in not the one I teach) we have two grades.
    You’re a white belt until the day the instructor awards you with your black belt

Job done
  • Surely cling film belt is the lowest level, followed by rope all the way up to the Gucci Platinum & Diamond Belt .

SFV - reddave360
  • I used an ethernet cable and a rubber band at work once.  Life hack.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You definitely are.
  • It's a fitting description in fairness.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I keep making the mistake of buying reversible belts, the versatility seems like good value, but it's a false economy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Missed this yesterday. Merry Christmas everyone.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The old faithful Wii was booted up last night and the 4 of us played Wii Party - Board Game Island mode.  :)    :)

One of my top gifts this year is a book by a guy called Xan Fielding. Entitled Hide and Seek, it's the author's memoires of his time as a secret agent in Crete in WW2 trying to scupper the logistics for Rommel's Afrika Corps supply chain.

It's a Folio edition so it's gorgeous. Has a fold out map and everything. Never heard of this guy - seems to have been quite a character.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • That sounds like an interesting read. The war on Crete was brutal.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • JonB wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    I love having my Birthday today, there are so many benefits. The only downside is whenever you give your Birthday on the phone (banks etc) because I've had 30+ years of 'ooooh Christmas Day, do you get two lots of presents!' Just fuck off Susan and sort my account out eh? :D
    So... do you?
    Ask Davie! :D
    Davie, does Nana get two lots of presents for Xmas?

A sock for his birthday and a sock for his Christmas, means he has a full pair to wear. ;)
  • Merry Christmas everyone im hungover,
    Think i babysat a load of kids and adults last night.
    Didn't get really drunk till everyone left and my girlfriend webt up to bed early and left me too it.
    (she hasn't slept much same as me over Christmas run up).

Decent day and the rest of the week should get better.

Peace and love all.
  • We're off to the inlaws. The wife is driving, obviously. I have a travel mug of bucks fizz.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Peace and love Davie. I had a drink light Christmas Day as I was driving, but going to make sup for it today. Having a mimosa to start the day followed by red wine with dinner and I think some kraken to end the day.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I had a single glass of port yesterday because I was still in cold recovery mode, but I seem to be descending once again into flu hell so fuck it, having a few today starting...NOW!
    Get schwifty.
  • Kill it with booze. Overdid it slightly last night, by the end of the day I’d had whisky, prosecco, beer, gin and rum. Stayed up till 3am playing PUBG with the brother in law.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Merry Xmas and all that.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    The old faithful Wii was booted up last night and the 4 of us played Wii Party - Board Game Island mode.  :)    :)

One of my top gifts this year is a book by a guy called Xan Fielding. Entitled Hide and Seek, it's the author's memoires of his time as a secret agent in Crete in WW2 trying to scupper the logistics for Rommel's Afrika Corps supply chain.

It's a Folio edition so it's gorgeous. Has a fold out map and everything. Never heard of this guy - seems to have been quite a character.

My Grandad was a spy (if thats the right word) in WW2. He once nearly drowned in a barrel of (from memory) some kind of brandy where he was hidden by the French Resistance when the Germans were looking for him.

He spoke 7 languages fluently. After the war he worked for the Foreign Office until he retired. He never spoke much about it really and I regret not taking the time to try and delve into it with him.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, BITCHES.

Love you all.

Now if you'll excuse me, we've done charades, so now it's time for another traditional Christmas game... Resident Evil VII.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, BEBEH JEEBUS.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    ZhxUhFP.png
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!