MERRY FLIPPIN’ CHRISTMAS, BADGERS!
  • My Mum’s been here with us since the 17th. All she wants to do all day is sit on the sofa and watch telly or movies. Seven films in a row yesterday.

To be fair, things could be a lot worse. Although one of yesterday’s choices was Kingsman 2 which was utter toss.
  • I’m just of the flight from four days at my brother’s. It was lovely, but that’s enough. My folks are down for another five days. Fuck that noise.

Although, if I was down for longer, I’d probably have no qualms taking some time to myself.
  • At what point can we change the thread title to “OH FOR FUCKS SAKE WILL THIS SEASON NEVER END?!”
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Around six we have the her sisters over, her Mum and Dad (who are divorced but still get on) and various partners. Then we all eat dinner and get very drunk and then eat some more. Then they stagger off sporadically based on their alcohol tolerance and that's that. It's great
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Christmas continues. Leftover turkey ham and pickles for breakfast. With a side helping of mimosa to keep my alcohol levels stabilised. Time to finish a Empire before starting the sublime Jedi.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I made a traditional leftover turkey curry. It went down well. And stayed down. That's turkey done with till next year.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Turkey really is a nothing meat. It’s more there just to absorb the gravy. Might just go for a big chicken next year.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Chicken is equally rubbish, needs sauces and spices to make it nice.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Today will see the last of the turkey & ham leftovers hoovered up.

Wifey and I love 'em. The teen daughters aren't interested.

Having said that will get a smaller turkey next year if our number for dinner is the same.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • My sister in law took my plump turkey carcass (and the rest of the gammon) home with her and I found out yesterday that she left it in her dad's van.  HUMBUG.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, I really quite like turkey in truth. Not roast like this because a bird that size is ridiculous, but turkey breasts are always in my freezer
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah, I often buy turkey through the year for stir fry or fajitas, it’s tasty.
  • I like turkey too. Fuck paying £50 for it at Christmas though. The rest of the year it's the cheapest of the meats.
  • Played a game of Articulate! round the in-laws. 2 teams of 3, boys (the son in laws) vs girls (their wives). We smashed it. 

“Model, ugly”
    “Kate Moss”
    “Correct”

Brilliant. Specially when the girls had that earlier and couldn’t get it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Would also have accepted “Model, coke-head”
    Gamertag: gremill
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kate Moss has improved remarkably with age though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    This is up there as one of the worst Christmas’s I have ever had. Been horrendously ill for its entirety, passed it on to family members and an attempt to “kill it with booze” on Boxing Day backfired quite nastily. Definitely one to forget.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The brother got a proper flu and was laid up for 3 days. That put an end to the traditional board games.
  • Just did a little cry when I realised I’ve still got 6 more days at my inlaws house. I just want to go home.
    I feel your pain, Wookie. I've just done 4 days at my own parents which was stressful enough. Then yesterday the drive down the road which should have taken around 8 hours took 11. A brief day in between (taken up by washing clothes) and tomorrow it's off to Spain for 6 days with the in-laws. It's brutal. I don't speak any Spanish and her family don't speak any English. So it's 6 days of sitting around (including a couple of large family dinners) smiling and nodding like a fucking dummy. I've endured this on a couple of occasions already which makes things worse. We've been together for almost 3 years and it first it was a bit of a laugh that no-one could communicate but it's very much reached the point now where I know they must be thinking "Why the fuck does this ignorant muppet still not speak any Spanish?"

I'm dreading it.
  • You've just described my last few days Scout. Still have to shoulder the blame, my polish is bare bones at best. As expected of an Irish husband I can swear and order beer and food. Conversation eludes me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Any tips for coping Dave?
  • It's my new year's resolution (and was last year too).
  • Back home in London now lads, bunch of cans, enough for a wee smoke and Netflix/PlayStation. Happy days.

Only downside is some cunt clearly realised I was away and dumped a load of unwanted rubbish in my wheelie bin. It's full to the fucking brim now of food waste and fuck knows what else. Shower. Will let future Nick worry about that one.
  • Sympathies to you in law bound badgers, ofc :)
  • nick_md wrote:
    Back home in London now lads, bunch of cans, enough for a wee smoke and Netflix/PlayStation. Happy days. Only downside is some cunt clearly realised I was away and dumped a load of unwanted rubbish in my wheelie bin. It's full to the fucking brim now of food waste and fuck knows what else. Shower. Will let future Nick worry about that one.

I'd have turned it over and left it on the floor.
  • Outside my front porch?!
  • Scout wrote:
    Any tips for coping Dave?

Not really. I'm looking that a few of her cousins spent time in Scotland and England so have decent enough English but they aren't at every event. Alcohol can be a great help but don't go overboard too often or you get the same rep a mate has with his finish in laws. Suppose the best thing is to find someone who is into similar things or at least humour, even without the language, common ground goes a long way.

SFV - reddave360
  • No basis for suggesting this but, something universal like music?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!