MERRY FLIPPIN’ CHRISTMAS, BADGERS!
  • It’s setting off at 9.45pm and arriving in Portsmouth at 6.30am so that’s 7/8 hours of sailing but at least we have our own cabin with beds
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kind request for the admin, Can we please change the name of the thread back?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Thank you :)
  • Congrats Wookie. You’re free.
  • Welcome home, Wookie. 

I'm on day 3 now and things are starting to get tough. Hours long dinners in the company of my Spanish in-laws who (understandably) after a while don't bother trying to include me in conversation, leaving me sat there like a ghost. We then play a complicated card game that confuses the hell out of me as instructions are getting barked in Spanish and English. 

Today I have a family lunch followed by the new year's celebrations tonight, a dinner table with 15 Spaniards and one homesick Scotsman.

3 days to go (after today).
  • Still here chaps. Going home tomorrow.
    Now I have the vomiting bug. Been throwing up all night and can barely move.
    I have a pounding headache and need to sleep but there’s an army of toddlers outside my bedroom door screaming and running around and one of them has been in full on temper tantrum mode for about 20 minutes.

I want to die
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Sounds like hell. Get well soon, Wookie.
    Get schwifty.
  • God speed, Wookie. You'll be home soon.
  • THANks chaps.
    Everyone’s gone out and left me here alone so I can get some peace.
    At least if I look on the bright side I’ve got the virus out of the way before the boat trip
  • That you home Wookie? Day and a half to go for me. Crawling towards the finish line now. Only a few family get-togethers to go and I'm on the plane. Thought the plane left around midday on Thurs. Turns out it's more like 10 am. It's these small victories that are getting me through the last two days.
  • That is me home yea. What a trip.
    We got on the ferry leaving Jersey at 10pm, stopping off in Guernsey at midnight then off home to portsmouth.
    Within 20 minutes of setting sail the storm was really kicking in and the boat was rocking so much I started puking straight away.
    Then both my little boys started puking.
    I spent the first 2 hours on my hands and knees over the bin with my wife sat covered in baby puke.
    It was all over the beds, the floor, the cot, us...

It got so bad we considered getting off in Guernsey and waiting for the storm to settle.
    Sadly these winds are meant to keep up until Friday and at £180 a night for the average hotel room and then another £400 for another ferry to get us and the car home it would’ve been an expensive option we couldn’t afford.
    So we settled down for a very rough night, thankfully for the last 2 hours the sea calmed and we were able to catch a little sleep.
    This was straight after both of us catching the winter vomit bug that was doing the rounds.

Worst Christmas trip ever.

Not long Now Scout. Hold on to that finish line buddy.
  • Now you can Switch it up, Wookie! Wooooo!
  • Not yet, still waiting for it to arrive. Will be soon I’m sure
  • Absolute nightmare you've had there Wookie. Glad you finally made it back alive (just by the sounds of things).
  • Just about.
    Shall we agree to just stay at home next year eh scout?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think we need a couple of Survived Christmas awards for Wookie and Scout. Mine was bad. Yours make mine look like the best ever Christmas.
    Get schwifty.
  • I’m starting to worry I’m turning into Clark Griswold
  • Just about. Shall we agree to just stay at home next year eh scout?
    Abso-feckin-lutely.
  • Amen
  • I'm finally home and could almost cry tears of happiness.
  • Huzzah!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Welcome home!!! That’s the end of the Christmas 2017 ordeals for everyone isn’t it?

Like I said, next year let’s just stay at home eh Scout?
  • Absolutely! It was pretty damn traumatic. Delighted to be home. Was good having a wee rant in here though to help get through the days!
  • Has your speaking spanish improved Scout?
    SFV - reddave360
  • No, but it's at least forcing me back into learning. I can't go back there with zero Spanish again. It's excruciating. New year's resolution for sure.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Muy bien, capullo.
  • Scout wrote:
    No, but it's at least forcing me back into learning. I can't go back there with zero Spanish again. It's excruciating. New year's resolution for sure.

Stick to basic verbs and nouns would be my own advice. It won't get you chatting to granny but it allows you to get a basic chat going.

SFV - reddave360
  • Yup, just need to make more effort. I've got a bunch of books, apps etc and even a bloody Spanish person that I live with. It's about time I started putting the time and effort in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!