Dead Cells
  • Yeah, you get unlocks for completing a certain amount of dailies, if you want high scores you need to git well gud
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I keep placing about 10,000th cos am boss
  • Thought I'd have 1 quick go this morning and it turned into a 90 minute run. Got through the whole of HPC this time, mostly without much trouble, then got minced by the 3rd boss.

This was a great set up though. Combo of wolf trap and crusher was devastating in most situations. 

39049688_10156272512990831_6830043666262786048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ecbae5c748abbdf415415f0312e5eebc&oe=5C00D6DF

It'll be a while before my next try, I think. The thought of how much there is to get through now just to get back to that boss is quite offputting.
  • Boss is also a real cunt
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    tempy i have bought slay the spire off the back of your hype
  • Ah, swell! I might have to start a thread. I think you’ll dig it. It is obviously different in a lot of ways to Dead Cells (shares more DNA with Isaac IMO) but I think i’d say overall it’s better tha DC? Nowhere near as polished, but the core stuff going on with the interactions is real galaxy brain stuff, and it’s far more varied too. Different beasts, but I know where my money is.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I watched a bit of a stream the other night and it surprised me. As with many, hearing 'card' is usually a nope but seems like there's a fair chunk of depth in there.
  • Anything that shares DNA with Isaac is good, will also have to finally bow to the pressure and pick it up (but er not for a while since DC has the hooks well in).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah i think the most important thing is that it’s only you as they player that deals with cards. The enemy has set AI patterns and when you start to learn what to expect of each area you start making lots of important decisions about how to pick cards, when to take damage, when to use potions, what route to take and so on.

There are so many meaningful choices to make during every run, and it’s all about mitigating chance or manipulating how the engine you construct via relics and cards works that it never feels tired. Also like Into the Breach it understands that small numbers are super useful for conveying damage. There are no stupid percent based buffs and debuffs, it’s all just flat addition subtraction or multiplication, it’s quite easy to parse and really satisfying when you do get big numbers - 100 means a lot when your base damage is 6.

I watch a bunch of vids by a guy who has something crazy like an 11 game win streak on the hardest possible difficult (Ascension 15) and I can’t even begin to come close to that level of galaxy brain thinking. I recommend spending plenty of time playing it before watching others though, it can colour your approach to the game.
  • Some of the more obscure weapons and abilities are insane. Hokutos bow. In the right combo with certain perks. Mental. Also, the daily today is a fucking mofo. I literally don't know how to even get through the basic first bits.
    Do what I do every day, speed run it to the boss just picking some stuff up then finish it

I'm trying...
    Spoiler:

Re upgrades and how to approach them,

Depending on starting drop (mostly tac, just had a good run with brut) I just pick my stat early and pour shit into it. If it's tac, always pick it when you can, then just leave the others for when there's only a choice of two. Lots of ways to skin the cat still, but you know you're getting bang for your damage then.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Agree Slay the spire needs it’s own thread (was having a game this morning).
    Tempy you should do the honours
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Just met Conjunctivitis. Nice.
  • I went that way this time as well. Just about scraped through against him, after a long battle.

Got all my runes now, I think. Plan is to have a look at all the different routes they open up. There are some more interesting levels than the standard ones, for sure.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    All runes got as well. Game so best.
  • Also especially if you down the tac route, WINGS OF THE CROW.

rough count tells me I have 28 blueprints to get.
  • Woo! One of the third (I guess since the paths branch) bosses down! Dropped Tonic which seems kinda super handy for a lil green survivor boy like me. Also got a rune that I've been after for aaaaaages in the level afterwards so now I can finally start fully clearing these earlier stages. 

Gave the hyabusa shoes a try and they're actually a surprisingly handy weapon the AOE and pushback on the final hit is really good for keeping things out and mopping up crowds of annoying little shithead summons that some monsters have with them. 

DS will be amazed to hear that the run I was on at the time was the aforementioned shoes and an immense version of the legolas bow, which later got replaced with an even more immense version of the shotgun bow - which so far is my favourite bow, so satisfying that little pause there is before it fires and you basically one shot whatever was infront of you unless it's some pure beast enemy.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That boss is dope as fuck, and I'm proud of you for not parrying your way to success. My boy coming round to the good side.
  • Good lord I'm the scrubbiest scrub at this. Another 21 cells down the pan. What a dick.
  • I got an achievement for loosing over 100 on a run. Lel.
  • Good lord. Not so bad then.

Hmm. I'll be back.
  • Cells come and go, learning the gane never goes away
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah never care about the cells, you can get 10-20 on the first biome alone. If you really wanna get em back just speedrun the first three areas for the timed doors.
  • It can be a real grind at the start when you want mutations, cash retention, and the potions to be fair.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Awaiting Bollockoff's impressions before I get sucked into this.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • I died in some hilariously silly ways today.
  • Silke wrote:

It’s good, what more go you need?

• Tempy wrote:
    Silke wrote:

It’s good, what more go you need?
    bollockoff wrote:
    It's really good my dudes!

I think he was waiting for that, so job done, tyvm yw.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Has anyone seen my power of attorney.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I like it thus far. Rep DS for the gift. Fun & Fair but Hard Cells. Has that feeling of every mistake is your own gdamn fault.

I don't actually like Castlevanias that much (aside from the Kojima spanish one) but this quickfire approach massages and slaps my attention span.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Annoyed I can't tickle fungus anymore.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!