Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Silke wrote:
    Awaiting Bollockoff's impressions before I get sucked into this.
    It’s good, what more go you need?

Honestly? Time. That's what I need.

Cheers Bollockoff.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    What's the best way to tackle those teleporting sword dudes on the second level (if you don't have a status effect attack or gadget)? I know it's a bit nooby but they get me all flustered
  • Most weapons will stun them on hit 3, otherwise just roll when they attack or run away. You don’t always need to fight it you don’t want the cells.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Another 30+min run, another 'oh so nearly' fight with the Concierge. I just don't think I am doing enough damage to him. I covered everywhere in both preceding levels so didn't miss out on any equipment.

First time I think I am beginning to get frustrated with the game.

Trying to stay close ish to him. Use wolf trap to stop him and spinning blades to apply damage. Not sure what else to do :(
  • I found a bow helps to pick at him when he's up in the rafters, also if you have anything that sets fire to the ground that helps get his ground phases out the way more quickly and when you wolf trap him on a ledge.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Hoovering up items on a stage isn’t going to improve your chances sadly. Unlocking better gear, better potions etc will stand you better. Really though the Concierge is just down to dodging and making space to heal. With a decent trap build you shouldn’t need to do much. Just cos Wolf Trap is working for others, doesn’t mean it’s gonna be good for you. I’ve never liked it even when it’s had ok damage synergies. It’s the same as Slay the Spire in that watching or reading how others play can colour your experience, and not always in a good way.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    From Eurogamer's Dead Cells tips: 

Don't blindly unlock every weapon Blueprint you come across, as doing so will 'dilute' the pool of items that will appear in your run. Only unlock what you think will be useful, and invest your Cells into potions and random starter items instead.

Tempy, is this something you constantly need to have in mind or is the chance to really mess it up for yourself rather slim?
  • There are things I don’t really like that I have unlocked and that I regret unlocking, but if it ever gets too much I’ll just start a new save slot and be more conscious about it. You can’t test blueprints so it’s worth unlocking anything you like the sound of, them giving it a test when it pops up. You can get a permanent shuffle shop upgrade too, so that helps you out.
  • Boughted last night and played a little. Enjoyed what little I played. Almost, almost, got hooked. I would’ve carried on playing if I wasn’t nodding off.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    There are things I don’t really like that I have unlocked and that I regret unlocking, but if it ever gets too much I’ll just start a new save slot and be more conscious about it. You can’t test blueprints so it’s worth unlocking anything you like the sound of, them giving it a test when it pops up. You can get a permanent shuffle shop upgrade too, so that helps you out.

That's the details I wanted but didn't get from that article. Cheers.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I regret unlocking the thing that gives me sodding Nutcracker more frequently than I'd care to admit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Rouj's favourite weapon
  • Sometimes unlocking more stuff is better when unlocking less, to avoid nutcracker bloat
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I found a bow helps to pick at him when he's up in the rafters, also if you have anything that sets fire to the ground that helps get his ground phases out the way more quickly and when you wolf trap him on a ledge.

Dunnno who that is bit it's deffo not the Concierge.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    I regret unlocking the thing that gives me sodding Nutcracker more frequently than I'd care to admit.

They can come in handy in conjunction with a freeze spell/arrow/grenade, that combo will mince those teleporting sword geezers for example.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Also
    Spoiler:
  • Nutcracker is the dankest, guaranteed stun on mobs with decent dps while synergistic with muh shields is great for me.

My most favourite fun item is the Spartan sandal though. I love waiting by doors and kicking them open into the unsuspecting enemies faces. Don't forget to shout something cool like classic biggie lyrics. KICK IN THE DOOR, WAVIN THE FOUR FOUR, ALL YOU HEARD WAS ROUJIN DONT HURT 'EM NO MORE. Etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, the boot is nice. Some enemies are annoyingly impervious to the knockback though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Swift Sword for me, ting is sexual. Makes ya play fast for the bonus stat.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Nutcracker is the dankest, guaranteed stun on mobs with decent dps while synergistic with muh shields is great for me. My most favourite fun item is the Spartan sandal though. I love waiting by doors and kicking them open into the unsuspecting enemies faces. Don't forget to shout something cool like classic biggie lyrics. KICK IN THE DOOR, WAVIN THE FOUR FOUR, ALL YOU HEARD WAS ROUJIN DONT HURT 'EM NO MORE. Etc.
    I started a run with double sandals today. Rapidly boot the crap out of everything. I moved onto other things, like, but it's good for early level lols.
  • OMG DOUBLE BOOT is an amazing idea. Full Hwoarang flex.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    FINALLYYYYYYYY!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes yes Ollie mate, game begins now
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Elites ain't shit against lifts.
  • Got to and killed the 2nd boss for the first time today. No idea what was happening just used my traps, set everything on fire, and shot him in the face with my legendary infinite ammo bow.

Actually made it all the way to the hand but seemed to be doing hardly any damage to him and basically just got steam rolled.
    Spoiler:
  • A quick wee shot and here I am two hours later having died a lot but I'm finally okay with that cos I'm enjoying playing it so much. Only just made it to
    Spoiler:
    for the first time so yeah, I've a bit of work to do. But it's so fun either way.
  • Blaaaaarrrrrghhhh (when you find an exit but decide to explore more and die with a fuck load of good shit)

Had a beast of a setup there! This game!
  • Had similar yesterday. Had a ridiculous automatic crossbow legendary with +100% damage thing, piercing shots and trail of flames and I had the 2x ammo mutation, shit was basically a machine gun and I absolutely lenged down the first boss with ease. Was deffo going to carry me as far as any run I've previously had.

Went to the stilt village, opened a curse chest, forgot was cursed, saw that bit of spiky wall at the end of the level, wondered if I could clear the spike and climb up to find a secret zone, did not clear the spikes.

My face when.
  • I’m going to have to buy this aren’t I? It sounds grand.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I like the way they explode, like gore-filled pinatas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!