Fallout 76
  • Urggghhh...came dangerously close to buying this as it's dropped to £17 on PSN. But then a quick trip over to the official forums revealed the latest 'patch' has introduced some new killer bugs, including freezes in fast travel and the inability to fire off a full clip when shooting in its shite version of VATS.  So yeah, panic impulse purchase averted.

It's all Fallout 4's fault of course. The game I find so maddeningly addictive, having bought it across three formats and still ploughing ridic amount of hours into it now.  But I'm putting off a lot of quests because I've become extremely over -familiar with them. Hence the momentary '76 wobble.

To be honest, the way the next gen consoles are going, I may just return to PC gaming instead.  There's lots of big Fallout 4 mods on the horizon like Fallout: Miami and Fallout 3 in 4 which look tempting. Fallout 4 VR would also be like crack to me I'm sure; I'd get my next gen kicks that way.

Starfield is Bethesda's next release, and I just think they are going to seek to monetarize so many elements of it. It'll end up being a live service thing, which will seek to suck as much moola out of players as possible. Fallout 4 will be the last true great offline single player RPG they'll do, so I'll stay in its world thank you very much.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I gave it a go on Gamepass and turned it off not long after getting out of the Vault. It is a piece of shit but on top of that it is a gameplay loop from 2008 and it is pretty dull.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!