4za 4izon Four - The FNF High Court of Rubbin' Misdemeanours
  • I'd love that but watching The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year with the wifey
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah, actually that probably what I'll be doing
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'm hosting an impromptu Forza night on FH4. Who's up for Bank holiday Night Forza ?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Sounds good. What time?
  • 9pm. I'm introducing the world of online FH to my brother and mate. Come call them cunts
  • Raise the siren, I need lots of us!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Maybe
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Maybe

I'm only accepting that as a yes
  • Tentatively accept.
  • Woot!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It is Friday...
  • I was just coming on to find this thread for that exact reason Yoss.

Count me in!!
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It is Friday...

It is? Bloody hell. I’ve properly lost track this year.
  • I'll be a late arrival but I'm in!

Go get the jesko btw lads, seasonal championship Let It Snow. Its a Koenigsegg only race, and you'll definitely need snow tyres on what you use.
  • I'll get on early and try that Gav
  • I'm taking a leaf outta Hairs book and making cocktails tonight. Strawberry Margarita ftw
  • I'm around for tonight too, whhooo!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Gotta say, I am in love with the Singer Porsche. Missed the window of opportunity to earn one, so I blew 20m credits on one in the auction house … and it’s the nicest car to drive I’ve found in the game yet.
  • What year is it, Pop? I got some special Porsche for snapping 200 unique cars last night, from '95. Yet to try it, mind.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'll be a late arrival but I'm in!

Go get the jesko btw lads, seasonal championship Let It Snow. Its a Koenigsegg only race, and you'll definitely need snow tyres on what you use.

Nabbed, ta. Although as far as I can tell, the snow tyres made zero difference.
  • I think you’ll have got the ’95 Gunther Works 911, Gav. That one is a modified GT2.

This one’s in as a 1990 911 Reimagined by Singer. Only way to get it (so far) was by completing 50% of the festival playlist the week it was added to the game, or by finding one in the auction house afterwards.
  • There was two of them that didn't like me full revving the Regera on the snow so I switched. Calmed it down a little.

Edit: ah got you, Pop.
  • I'll start a lobby at haf nine.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Starting 2021 off right.
  • Wooooooo I'm looking forward to it so much
  • Your track was 75% great and 25% mystifying.

Great night of fun though, some absolutely fantastic races in the snow. This was particularly satisfying:

Gamertag: gremill
  • What a great night.
    Spending nearly a whole race neck and neck with Grem was an absolute highlight, so much fun in equally matched cars, both of us battling on every corner. Utterly thrilling.
  • Thanks chaps I needed that! Some belting tracks/car classes picked by Ian and some really close racing. Wookie and Grem racing 2 abreast for 3 laps was great, just gutted my 205 couldn't get involved.

I thought your track was really decent Andy. Widen some of those tighter checkpoints and race at A class and some of those closer checkpoints become a non issue.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    After the mixed success of the Mental Loop, I’ve been playing around some more with blueprint creation. It’s a frustrating process. I realised that, because of the way they load in, creating to many checkpoints (with the intention of them serving as a guide for drivers) just makes things worse. You have to plan your route well in advance, because once you’ve placed a checkpoint you can only move it side to side, widen or narrow it. You can’t delete any of them without starting the whole route from scratch. You have to test drive the whole it before it saves (makes sense) and can tweak checkpoints (again, only lateral movement, no removing or replacing) but once you commit, then it’s set in stone, no more editing.

Once you’ve created your route, and you’re creating the blueprint for the event, you won’t get a chance to re-test the route to see how it works in different class cars. If you set certain cars and also limit the class, when it comes to playing the event, you won’t get to pick cars you tuned out of their original class into the one you’ve set. It seems best to select a group / type / manufacturer / whatever, then have a gentlemen’s agreement about the maximum class level. Or just have anything goes and pick a class. You also can’t test drive the blueprint to see how your route looks at different times of day / year / weather. You just have to commit and hope.

Once you’ve created a blueprint, it’s set in stone. You can’t edit it. You can’t really delete it, either. The only way around that is to delete your custom route (which means starting that over). If you create a blueprint event for an in-game preset route, you’re stuck with that blueprint. You can obviously create more if you’re not happy with your event settings, but then finding your good ones amongst the clutter will be harder.

I’ve never created a track, but I’ve probably done dozens of blueprints for existing tracks, I’d have expected the blueprinting side to be the same across both, but can’t swear to it.

You get a maximum of 5 or 6 blueprints per track (or potentially per start of track? You have to select an existing start point to begin your custom track from, don’t you?), once you reach your limit and you want to create another, you have to select an existing blueprint to replace, so there is a limit to how much clutter you can create.

Also, blueprints limited by class do usually let you select cars that are tuned into a class. Are you quite sure they don’t allow you to do so on custom routes? Don’t trust the “view eligible cars” option, that only shows cars which start in the right class, not necessarily everything you can choose to race in.

Gentlemen’s agreements are a nice theory, but they practically never work, as was demonstrated last night (which was probably my fault for mentioning S1 at all on the car select screen. Sorry all).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!