Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Shoreditch, here we come.

Wandering round town at the weekend it struck me how fast and hard the dickhead glasses fad died.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    This was played at my year 6 school disco.

• There's a dumb new tumblr doing the rounds that has Wire Magazine-y type acts portraited in an SP mode. Even I recognise but a handful of the gallery, and actually like the output of even less.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

Anyone know anything similar to this? Just discovered it and love it.
  • Have you heard his first album at all? Pretty underrated I reckon.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Whatever happened to him, wasn't he under the tutelage of Missy Elliot? What happened to her as well?
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Timbaland innit. Second album, Deliverance was highly acclaimed but sold fuck all, then he came back with a track with the Ying Yang twins which did well. Never really made a huge splash but I always thought he was an excellent mc.
  • Missy got really ill, as in genuinely unwell. Would be nice to see her making waves again.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll give it a crack Matty, never even heard of him 'til today.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Missy got really ill, as in genuinely unwell. Would be nice to see her making waves again.
    Aw, that sucks. I remember when get ur freak on came out and every single dj and producer I saw over a few months was doing something fun or interesting with it.
  • Missy had broad appeal. I think my Mum had all her stuff. MY MUM.
  • I'll give it a crack Matty, never even heard of him 'til today.

He had a major smash with the single 'Ugly' back in like 2002...might as well 'acquire' the album and check it, although it seems Deliverance is more critically liked.
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Missy got really ill, as in genuinely unwell. Would be nice to see her making waves again.
    Aw, that sucks. I remember when get ur freak on came out and every single dj and producer I saw over a few months was doing something fun or interesting with it.

Apparently it was Graves Disease. Sounds nasty.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    rickjoyce wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Apparently it was Graves Disease. Sounds nasty.
    Hey, we're autoimmune disease buddies. Her's sounds a lot worse though. Bad buzz.
  • My ex's mum had Graves Disease, her eyeballs started to bulge out like crazy and she got a skin condition so bad she looked like a zombie movie extra. Also went shopping crazy and spent £20,000 or so on utter crap (when I helped clean out her shed post-diagnosis she had five lawnmowers and SEVEN deep-fat fryers). Luckily the debt she accrued was all written off on mental health grounds. She was dead nice as well. I felt terrible for her, as due to the fairly noticeable symptoms she stopped going out and doing stuff and just stayed in, feeling rotten. 

It's a totally fucked up illness, luckily in the UK we're quite good at diagnosing it but in America people still die of it due to not being able to afford the healthcare required.

Marty Feldman had it, hence the eyeball thing. Truefact there.
  • Fuck me. And I thought Severant was unreal.
  • ^That's a concept sketch of the Nostromo from the original Alien film.

just saying

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Been listening to these guys all week. It's pay what you like so no real excuse. The British punk scene is in rude health

http://wearepacer.bandcamp.com/album/making-plans

Also caught Lightyear last night, another awesome show from the boys

@google and anyone else, that vinyl reissue we were chatting about can now be preordered from banquet records, the world's greatest record shop
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    In a 2Pac mood today.

Man was an awesome actor, too.
  • Just got into these courtesy of Tom Ravenscroft on BBC6 tonight (he does play some decent stuff, almost Peel-esque at times...)

Some of their stuff has been used for Breaking Bad too!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ach tis no good, try as I did, Micachu's new Never LP just isn't as arrestingly poppy and tight as the debut, still the top release of '09. Has its moments and broadly perpetuates the sound, give or take a Tyondai Braxton/Battles-y flourish but there's excessive filler. Shoulda stuck with Herbert on the production assist I will suppose.

Still, will retain some faith in this girl, she's switched on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Marc Ribot is getting another chance to show his brilliance this Saturday. This time he's bringing some Cubans with him, should be better than the geeky guitarist and drummer he brought last time, which made a slightly boring evening and it all was way too experimental.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Trying to pick songs for my wedding disco. We've limited ourselves to 20 songs each.

How the hell I can do this with musical taste that goes from 1940's RnB to the last Scissor Sisters album and quite literally every point in-between I don't know.

How do you pick one Pixies song?

I've started picking songs at N for some reason. Nazareth next to NiN next to N.W.A. will be fine...right.
  • Warm and addictive strings here, Spectrasoul are coming in to their own these days:

• Mod74 wrote:
    Trying to pick songs for my wedding disco. We've limited ourselves to 20 songs each. How the hell I can do this with musical taste that goes from 1940's RnB to the last Scissor Sisters album and quite literally every point in-between I don't know. How do you pick one Pixies song? I've started picking songs at N for some reason. Nazareth next to NiN next to N.W.A. will be fine...right.

Should have done that thing where you ask everyone to pick a song on the invitation, then you can all drown in each other's fuck awful taste.

Alternatively, an hour of Little Angels followed by an hour of Terrorvision. Enjoy.
  • I'm off to Latitude festival tomorrow, hurrarh for Middle Class Indie Wanker music in the sun.

Looks like I'll be seeing the following over the three days:

Iceage, Destroyer, Chairlift, The Antlers, Janelle Monae, Metronomy, The Field, Sharon Van Etten, Low, Richard Hawley, The Horrors, Rufus Wainwright, St. Vincent, Battles, M83, Perfume Genius and Wild Beats. So many clashes and such, so I might miss some of that and see Tune-yards and Tim Minchin if it so takes me. Rich Hall is there too actually, yeah I'll see him.

Anyone else going to go and get pissed on Red Wine in a field?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!