The Bear and Badger Musical Appreciation Society
  • ahaha yes, more a power jog. Although you could always break into half-time B. All about the 2s and 4s. If you end up looking like Suggs I claim full responsibility.

This was followed by Prince - She's always in my hair. His finest jam imo. I would link, but ya know, Prince.
  • And what's this we have next...

• Yeah I like seefeel, thanks for the heads up a few months ago B.
  • Pity the new stuff is pap.
  • Quique was the one I nabbed I think.
  • That's the stuff
  • how old is that surgeon track pablo, its a reet retro thang, loving the seefeel tune, time to spotify the buggery outta them

thanks to l.hill for getting me into this guy

• Not sure if I like this or hate it, sounds like Videogame Boss Music. I like the choir.
  • in the chicks words 'what on gods good earth was that?'

its fun in a 'i wonder what this is' kind of way but i cant really imagine listening to it as i would my other music, in fact its kinda embarrassing in a, as you said it, final fantasy boss music with wonky groany hipster(?) vocals
  • I agree with all of that

Still, CHOIRS
  • @cuckoo

It's from his second album so about 96/97ish I believe.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Everyone get Aesop Rock's new one.

This is great.
  • No one ever listens to me anyway but what the hey -

Listened to Rispah by The Invisible this morning after giving their single 'Wings' a chance last night. It isn't anything supremely special, but it is fairly competent at what it does. Nice airy vocals, really tight percussion and guitar lines that are indebted to latter day Radiohead work, but that isn't a disparging comment, there are some really smooth and inctricate parts on the album that I really liked, and were definitely different to the usual indie guitar fare that's lounging around at the amount.

Favourite track for me was this -

IE6 won't let me embed vidoes so god knows if that worked.

I also tried Frank Ocean's Channel ORANGE, and I don't really get it. He has a nice voice, but it mainly just ambles along and he doesn't really seem to know what he's doing, adding flourishes and gimmicks here and there with very little rhyme or reason. Still, Crack Rock and Pyramids are more fleshed out and feel like real songs, and I really like those as he manages to be a lot more coherent and potent with his delivery there.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'm going to listen to that today following your recommendation yesterday. Sounds promising.

Currently listening to Arrange: New Memory.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    If someone takes the time to recommend something, it's the least I can do.

I know we're not big hip-hop conoisseurs, but you should try that Aesop Rock album. Sounds more intelligent than most fayre.
  • I did have it pegged to listen to. I read an article over on DiS about how HipHop needs defending from itself. It was fairly interesting on first glance, based on some discussions that are being had down at The Barbican in London. The people 'prosecuting' don't really know about HipHop for a start, but the people defending it sound like an absolute shambles.

I particulary liked the fact that one guy gave up his arguement by saying "To be honest, you guys ain't my demographic anyway."

Article is here if anyone fancies a butchers.
  • an american friend acidentally took 10+ tabs worth of acid last weekend at a music festival then saw this show

jealous :(
  • i like it! loads in fact
  • Memory Tapes are a'ight
  • It's funny you say that because yes
  • Tempy wrote:
    I did have it pegged to listen to. I read an article over on DiS about how HipHop needs defending from itself. It was fairly interesting on first glance, based on some discussions that are being had down at The Barbican in London. The people 'prosecuting' don't really know about HipHop for a start, but the people defending it sound like an absolute shambles.

I particulary liked the fact that one guy gave up his arguement by saying "To be honest, you guys ain't my demographic anyway."

Article is here if anyone fancies a butchers.

heh. That one guy, Joe Budden has had more than the odd awesome track and his first album is pretty freakin awesome.

I find it staggering that it's The Roots getting held up as purely negative. If I was going to hold anyone in hip hop up, it'd be them. As much because they deliberately say fuck you to those who want to clasify them as "conscious." And I share the writer's dislike of that term. he pretty much sums things up in the second paragraph when he talks about how varied it is. "Mainstream" stuff is probably larghely guilty as charged, but even then, that's a varied field, and I doubt I'd want to write it all off.

KRS One has said some dumb shit in his time, wow.

Meanwhile, the defense should just be playing Aesop Rock's newie on repeat.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'll agree with that, I'm listening to it now and it really is great.

Frank Ocean LP made sense last night, it's all about the second half which is wall to wall tight songs and makes the first half look meandering and aimless. Full of intermissions though, unable to self edit.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    since-i-left-you.jpg

Still brilliant, 11 years after it was first released.
  • 875682_bigger.jpg

The follow up is probably just around the corner, all those articles about it have to be true!!!!!!!!

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I still have faith. Until then, one of the best music videos ever.

• Freshly leaked new Ariel Pink LP: Trademark irreverence present but the tunes just aren't. Cock sauce.
  • On the back of the new 'un, went back and listened to Aesop's last two full lengths.

None Shall Pass is really good. A few absolute corkers, overall very very solid. Musically doesn't raise above just good beats for the most part, unlike skelethon, which IMO has a bunch of stuff that goes above and beyond "good beats" into something much better. And I think Aesop's vocals on the new one are written so well to the music, which is only hinted at on None Shall Pass.

Started listening to bazooka Tooth this morning. Defintely not as strong. Some ok stuff, but meh, I don't think I get along with El-P's stuff like some do.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!