The Bear and Badger Musical Appreciation Society
  • If anyone digs Prince even a *little* bit, seriously check out Art Official Age and Hit N Run Phase Two if you haven't, especially Art Official Age, which is in my all time top 5 Prince albums. The artist went out doing some of his best work.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Studio version of Nwigwe's Jockin is the best new hip hop track I've heard for years. Probably since King Kunta.
  • Now listening to:

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]KSskAjq.jpg[/font]
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • I am glad you enjoyed Clipping. It'll be an easy Album of the Year choice for me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Innervisions - maybe the greatest album ever. Hello Mug.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I am glad you enjoyed Clipping. It'll be an easy Album of the Year choice for me.
    Were you a fan of his prior or was this the thing that got you into him?
  • Kow wrote:
    Innervisions - maybe the greatest album ever. Hello Mug.
    Hello there. Yes, it's an incredible album, especially Living For the City.
  • Now listening to:

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]jATsniJ.jpg[/font]
  • Niles Rogers has let himself go.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Now listening to:

I really like Blood Orange. Haven't heard this yet.

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]KUz2uVu.jpg[/font]
  • Oooh. Probably my fav. New one is solid too.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My album of the year fwiw is The Twilight Sad.

I've also been listening to a lot of Frightened Rabbit as a friend of a friend knew Scott who took his life, sadly. Listening back to their stuff is a real heartache. I'll post my top 5 later, but it's predictable. Nick Cave is also there.
  • What kind of thing is The Twilight Sad? Have heard of them but haven't listened.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gimme 10 mins to compose a full response with YouTube links
  • Thanks my dear!
  • Now listening to:

8bQ9JN2.jpg

Really enjoying this one. Possibly going to be on my end of year best of list!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I have a bit of  a personal history with Twilight Sad, being friends of friends. That being said, I've told them an album was shite, so hopefully that provides you with a bit of a balanced world view. 

They're kind of an Edinburgh band, founded in Kilsyth and Barnton, and iniitially wanted to do the sort of Mogwai / Smashing Pumpkins sort of guitar loudness. They did that well on their initial albums, and some of their first tracks are actually quite catchy in that sort of way - 

Examples below - 

I Became A Prostitute

Cold Days From The Birdhouse
    [youutbe]79pmP4FjnXc[/youtube]

That Summer I had Become The Invisible Boy

For Best Songs - 

Girl In The Corner from 2013

They went there. 

So get into them.
  • Thanks, will have a listen.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I Became A Prostitute Cold Days From The Birdhouse That Summer I had Become The Invisible Boy For Best Songs -  Girl In The Corner from 2013 They went there.  So get into them.

Fixed
  • Roxette - look sharp

I always thought it was emotional rain .. but I think she’s singing only a moment away .. rest in peace
    The Forum Herald™
  • Now listening to: 

Going to do Twilight Sad in a little bit. 

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]zRfNSxn.png[/font]
  • Listening to The Twilight Sad now. Just finished the first song. Yep, I like it. I especially like that the lead singer keeps his accent!
  • Yep, I really like those songs, especially Invisible Boy. Going to put their latest album on my Must Listen playlist! Thanks Reg and Tempy!
  • My album of the year, got to be Orville Peck's debut, been an ear worm every morning since I heard it.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7Jn1h8E5aT96pdyrPxrLWi?si=wwlYAGrWSdG53DXk_hKyag
  • Shall I do an albums of the year thread as the other one has gone walkabout?
  • Yep, do it! :)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Shall I do an albums of the year thread as the other one has gone walkabout?

Yeees!
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Now listening to: 

JB for life fellers. 

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]kJvv4pm.jpg[/font]
  • Now listening to:

4VnMZWe.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!