The Ultimate Smash Bros Ultimate Thread
  • A forum tourney might be fun. The few times I’ve played online I’m not doing great, especially against fucking marths and ikes.

Saying that I might give shulk a go if I still can’t get the hang of Ness. I’m fine getting back on the platform using up+b in local matches (you have to spin the pk fireball back underneath him to launch) but online it’s just off enough that I can’t manage it most of the time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    WHEN ARE THE FORUM SMASH STRIMS PLS.
    I don't think there have been fights between people here yet! Plus streaming on Switch is expensive as you need an Elgato thing or similar. I've thought about it before (for Splatoon and MH), but I'm bad enough at games that no one will bother.

@Crayon, thanks, I'll have to wait then. My max power is around 5000 I think. Have used my candies for the ones that can be enhanced at lvl 99 so far. Really need to max out one of each color I guess, the problem I'm having now is that either the spirit fights are 9000+, or 4000- (and with shit conditions that make me quit after a few attempt).
    Another one in the left side of the map that I just remembered:
    Spoiler:

@Frantic, let us know how he gets one with it after a bit more time. There are tons of way you can change settings to make the game easier for you.
    Not saying any of you need to like it, but I feel this is a good one to teach you the game in a fun way. I can't even believe how bad the SP stuff was in the WiiU version.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Will do Nina.

I'm doing alright in it, was Elliot that was frustrated. I'll see how he's getting on when I'm home. Can you do that Classic mode with me and him on one team or will it be a case of passing the pad?

We've been doing the timed matches, you reckon the best of X ones might be better?

Not sure I'll ever really like it tbh, but I'm going to crack on and see if it can change my mind. Hopefully he gets into it and in turn his enthusiasm will rub off.

Can you change the size of the % numbers on the screen. One thing that was really getting my goat was the screen zooming right out and then both fighters disappearing behind the numbers so you have no idea what the hell is going on. Seemed to happen alot and it was driving me insane.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Can you do that Classic mode with me and him on one team or will it be a case of passing the pad?
    I think you can. Haven't tried it, as B is in the "don't like Smash but the music is good" camp. There are YouTube videos of people playing it 2 player though.
    FranticPea wrote:
    We've been doing the timed matches, you reckon the best of X ones might be better?
    Haven't done Smash mode myself yet, but I've heard timed is the best to start with (not sure if someone here mentioned that), as everyone will be fighting for the same time, and you'll get another chance when you fall off. So the feeling of failure will only come once the results screen shows up.
    Another thing I think someone here said, is to start with a non human character. You can see them easier, and if you go big like Donkey Kong, you will be slow but also harder to get punched out of the stage. Changing colours of the character playing could also help with visibility.

Smash mode is really about your own preference though. You could do what Shabby suggested earlier, have the cpu level at its lowest, leaving items on and get used to movement and using items (and figure out what they do).
    I always find items making it more chaotic, so you could always try Smash mode without items, and it will feel more like a classic fighting game, where you can just focus on avoiding and attacking the opponent.

I don't think you can do anything about the percentage size, or the camera at all.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My Virgin Hub won't let me fight online for some stupid reason so no forum fights for me until it's fixed.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've had ups and downs on online. Some fights have been silky smooth and others completely unplayable. Hope it gets sorted.
  • I saw two guys playing this on the train this morning, I believe they were having some kind of random local 1 vs 1 session after one saw the other playing it. So there you go.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Shout out to get Dogfingers attention. Please tell me you paid for the Nintendo Online sub.

I need you to kick my arse so i can learn more about this game. The CPU ain't cutting it, and no way in hell am i choosing randoms online when this is my first Smash.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Shiiiittt I just rekt fools online. Felt good. Solid snake for life
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Lobby?

*edit* I tried a few online lobbies, which had the most unplayable lag i've ever seen. Ouch! Those that were semi-okay seem to be populated with players spamming the same move over & over, hoping the fresh fish don't understand it.

Not a promising start to online play.
  • Breath of the Wild Zelda is a fun spirits fight!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    New update is live and the lag is all but gone.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just had a couple of people over for Smash. My eyes hurt a lot now after all that chaos, but it was good fun. Specially when Wario was unlocked and we all chose him first thing after.

All Star mode with 3 against the cpu is a thing the switch can't handle though. That's wasn't 60 fps anymore.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Really keen to know everyone's world of light stats. I'm about 8 hours in, about 180 spirits and about 20 fighters unlocked.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just seen on one of my discords someone who 100%ed it, and there's
    Spoiler:
    spirit fights. Jfc. And then at the end there's
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pretty sure I've put more hours in and have less fighters unlocked.

I'll take a pic when I play it again. Got a pdp wired controller so need to test that. By just holding it I feel the grab buttons are in a weird place.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Really keen to know everyone's world of light stats. I'm about 8 hours in, about 180 spirits and about 20 fighters unlocked.
    28:48 (holy fuck I have played this a lot).
    599 spaces cleared.
    69 Fighters awakened.

• 8 hours
    166 spirits
    17 fighters

Im quite bad at smash so some fights take me a while
  • Generally I would say the difficulty stays the same as spirits counter tougher enemies.
    However there are some absolute fuckers late on.

Edit: except for one fairly earlish prick
  • Only a few hours of world of light, but I have loads of fighters as I play classic and smash mode vs CPU quite a bit too.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    World of Light Playtime: 13:17:45
    Spaces Cleared: 167
    Fighters Awakened: 20

And a spoiler with how my map looks like:
    Spoiler:
  • So that's where monday monster hunting's at!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Credits rolled on World of Light (true ending).
    Loved it, now to mop up.
  • One space left.
    One bloody space, I have done laps of the whole world and I can't find it.

Really would have been useful to be able to zoom in on the map and have them marked.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's the best.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I fucking can't get over it. It's only second to the shit that is hitman 2
  • Godspeed Liv

Another hour and a half of stomping around and I'm fucked if I know where it is. I'm going to have to wait for a guide to appear online or for them to patch in a way of locating it.

Good news is ng+ cam be started using one of the other save slots so I have moved on to that.

Edit: Found it with reddit help.
    There is a glitch with one of the dungeon markers that adds the completed star to the icon despite it not being complete. I wasn't checking dungeons as they all had stars.
    Dungeon is an earlier one.
    Spoiler:
  • After having pretty much been a "button masher" in Brawl, I am now dodging and blocking with the best of them.

Out of the newcomers - King K. Rool is an absolute hoot to play as.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • What are the tiers like?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!