The Ultimate Smash Bros Ultimate Thread
  • How much is online? If I get any good at this I’ma join in.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    20 a year, and you get loads of NES games as well, that you will look at once and then never play again (probably).

There's a 7 day free trial though, so if you haven't used that yet you could if we ever have a room full of badgers. I'm still hoping we can get something going this Friday.
  • Oh man fighting against Olimite and killing Pikmin makes me sad. Those little ghosts :(
  • If someone could please hurry up and finish World of Light so I can talk to them about it that would great.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't think it's actually possible to finish tbh. There's too much.

What do you mean by finished anyway? 100%? I've got 25 fighters now.
  • Just the World of Light Adventure. Credit roll and end cinematic.
    Took me 32 hours, 2 of which were pissing about looking for that last spirit.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah sorry, by 100% I meant World of Light, all spirits and fighters on the map done.

I'm about 16 hours in, doing stuff in the top left of the map. So halfway there it seems
  • Nah. Although you will end up getting close to 100% by credit roll.
  • I have played this now.

You can play it on a single joy con, but you probably shouldnt.
  • You know when you think the world of light is just about to end, the whole thing goes Lord Of The Rings:3 on you. It’s pretty tiring how much is in the game.
  • Where are you up to Crayon?
    Spoilers obv
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Felt like I made some decent progress but scrolling over the map and there's hardly a difference. Got some of the spirits that I had trouble with before so that's nice.
    Gave the Viridi spirit a try, I knew a lot of people think of it as a useful one but it has a high power level and apparently it's not easy. I had her fall off the map at 30% damage.

Which is also kinda my problem with spirit mode, while I love how carefully it's put together and I think the references are done really well, it's not a mode where you learn smash. Often it's just a case of you getting lucky or not. Or just spam up + b with Donkey Kong and do a clap when you've won.

Made a little bit of progress story wise:
    Spoiler:

Also a question about an assist trophy enemy cpu that is annoying me quite a bit and had showed up in two places now:
    Spoiler:
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Where are you up to Crayon?
    Spoilers obv

I am at the bit where
    Spoiler:

Nina- I think some fights do help a bit - but they are few and far between.
  • @Nina
    Yeah Viridi is really useful, I was still using her at the end of the game depending on setup.
    In regards to your second spoiler...
    Spoiler:

As you go through you will have to do more than spam moves.

@Crayon

Ah yeah, I gave that one try, quit, left it then came back and did it first time.
  • The temptation to just go and buy this when I know I'll have all manner of eshop credit next week is killing me. Ffs!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks Liv and Crayon, probably time to git gud. I've unlocked some more characters now that I actually want to play, DK has been useful because he's so heavy and that up + b move is good crowd control. Plus his up smash is funny. Got a character that kept landing on the platform above me and DK's finger tips were able to reach him, so I've clapped my hands loads.

I've got the spirit that helps with assist trophies but I didn't feel it helped much.
    Spoiler:

My Hori controller should come today, pretty excited about that and compare it to the PDP.

Still planning on opening up a room somewhere between 8 and 9pm UK time. Depends on how long my mom wants to talk.
  • I'm just across the light chasm. It has started to feel like it's going to go on for ever.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Long phonecall, but I do know a lot about my brother's airfryer now.

Have an arena up.
    ID: 56PQ9 (if you're not in my friendslist)
    Pass: 3141

I'll leave it up for a bit, my brother should be coming too.

Edit - Room is closed now, you all suck for having things to do the Friday night before Christmas.
  • sorry! I did keep an eye on this thread in case anything happened but the baby/toddler awoke so slept on me on the couch and my wife wanted to watch ‘bird box’.

Don’t watch bird box.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No worries, played for almost two hours with my brother. Was doing my best with Richter, but he's a bit slow with his attacks. Will see how this goes. Also lol at Snake's last alternate costume.

Also realized that you can only have a room up for 15 minutes before it auto closes if there's no fighting happening, which is a bit annoying. Because everytime you make a new one the ID changes. Which is no problem if people are on your friendlist, but annoying when you want to share.

Had some battles last night with B and was switching between the PDP and the Hori controller. And I can't decide. PDP is bigger and closer to size as the Pro, which is nice, the Hori is small. But the Hori has the better left stick, it's close to the Pro with travel, PDP has a lot more. But the PDP has the changeable right stick, which makes it more useful for other games. But then the Hori has the better d-pad (but I'm not sure how big of a deal that is, I don't think either of them is better than the Pro).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So apparently the dlc characters have leaked. Stand outs for me are
    Spoiler:
    and
    Spoiler:
    other two are apparently
    Spoiler:
    and
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Really? 

I'll spoiler opinion just in case:
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We need Kiryu.

I fully concur
  • Ref reg post
    Spoiler:
    They should do Waluigi, the (dedicated section of the) internet would freak out.
  • We need Bow-Wow
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Ref reg post
    Spoiler:
    They should do Waluigi, the (dedicated section of the) internet would freak out.

Apparently
    Spoiler:
  • I reckon they’ll be in addition to the fighters pass.

Edit: also there have been too many buffed leaks recently.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This was from the same person who leaked Joker.maybe they just got fucking lucky and doubled down

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!