Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Did Link's classic mode, then tried an 8 player game to see how daft it can get. Couldn't see what the fuck was going on, you'd get hit and totally lose track of your player.
  • Haha.
    Yeah, that does happen.
    I think the more you play the more you gain a spacial awareness.
    A bit like how a Street Fighter player doesn't see the frames but they have a sense of them.
  • Same input, down and b I think. I could be totally wrong mind.

Oh cool. I'll tell my friend that hadn't figured out how to detonate the bomb even though he's played a lot of rounds with him. Too many rounds....
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I swear I read a message in game that said I can collect that flashing icon to get my super smash skill.  How do I collect it? Punching it just seems to make it explode.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • What you can do with shit like that is switch them off.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Nothing to see here.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If you're the one to smash it, you'll then be flashing multi coloured. To use it, stand still and hit B.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I just turned all that shite off. Items, smash ball thing. I'd permanently delete 3/4 of the levels if I could too.

*humbug*
  • There is a fake version of the ball with a slightly different logo (the thicker and thinner lines are swapped) which is just a bomb.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    If you're the one to smash it, you'll then be flashing multi coloured. To use it, stand still and hit B.
    That's what I thought.
    There is a fake version of the ball with a slightly different logo (the thicker and thinner lines are swapped) which is just a bomb.
    But this is always what it turns out to be.  Didn't know there were two.  Must be missing the line orientation.

So I'll just stuck with Marth, I can't seem to use anyone else but only have 5-6 unlocked.  It's slow going on Spirit board.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oddly, I've never come across the bomb type.

For unlocking characters, there's a challenge room in the games bit, anyone you've faced off with and lost to (fuck you boxer guy!) will be there to challenge again. Those are my favorite bits, one on one no item bollocks and a more aggressive AI. I have plenty in there after Nate's sessions, because he's fucking crap.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I just turned all that shite off. Items, smash ball thing. I'd permanently delete 3/4 of the levels if I could too.

*humbug*

Try using the battlefield or final battle variants of stages. Strips the gimmicks, keeps the aesthetics.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cheers, but tbh I think it'll be getting sold in the new year. I can't stand it and Elliot is bored of it already. We shall see.
  • Just used a combination of a gift card from BadHairDay and another bought with nectar points and I now have this on the download!!

Super excited, gonna spend most of the New Years period playing and expect a few online matches with you filthy badgers
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Subbax wrote:
    That's what I thought.
    There is a fake version of the ball with a slightly different logo (the thicker and thinner lines are swapped) which is just a bomb.
    But this is always what it turns out to be.  Didn't know there were two.  Must be missing the line orientation.

So I'll just stuck with Marth, I can't seem to use anyone else but only have 5-6 unlocked.  It's slow going on Spirit board.

In one of the single player levels it’s an item that always shows up. My guess is you’re playing a single player level on a boat or something?

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just got the boxer guy. Went with Ryu after liking the cut of his gib in classic mode, took him out with a dragon punch to the jaw. Ding, ding, ding, motherfucker.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Urgh, some of the maps though. Hey, let's just change the entire layout so the bit you're standing on will still be out of bounds in a highly confusing perspective shift which you had no idea was even coming. Didn't expect it on your first go of the map and have committed to a move? Well fuck you, it's game over son.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just fought Johnny 5.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Jesus fuck spirit mode never ends
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm 25 hours deep
  • Just started spirits mode and it’s a lot more in depth and a bit tougher than I was expecting. Luigi is an absolute count
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I got this for Christmas.  I've not had that much time to play it so far what with relatives and work, but so far I'm really enjoying it.  I was given the version with the gamecube controller adaptor, so we broke out my old controllers and gathered round the telly for chaotic brawling.  (This was also the point at which I discovered that the receivers for my Wavebird controllers had magically disappeared - sob).  

Multiplayer is still utter madness with large numbers of people, but that's also kind of the charm as it meant that the more experienced players weren't always victorious, with the effect of keeping everyone interested and/or confused.

Last night I had a very brief, sneaky go at spirit mode on my own.  I scratched enough of the surface to realise that that's all I'd done.  It's clearly a much more substantial offering than the previous single player modes.  I remain slightly baffled by some encounters (I finished a couple in literal seconds, and found others almost impossible - with at least one that I simply gave up on and walked away.)  It's a lot of fun though, and I'm looking forwards to getting back in there.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Took me a while to realize there's a difficulty to each spirit fight. Liv pointed that out. In the screen before the battle, where you select spirits, top right will show the power of the fight. Above your main spirit is your own power level. If that's higher than the fight power, the fight will be easier and you get less rewards.

That's also why when using auto select it also chooses a slightly lower spirit level than the fight power level.
  • Playing this with two year old boys pulling on your trouser legs and refusing to play nicely on their own for 2 bloody minutes is not conducive to learning what the hell is going on in this game
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What is this backward spirit mode shite with the Project Zero camera going off every three seconds?
  • I remember that one.
    Zero camera is annoying.
    Make sure you nullify the reverse controls with a spirit. Use the filter options when equipping them.
    Nullifying conditions goes for pretty much all status effects like reverse controls, floor is lava, poison etc.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't have anything to null the camera stun as I'm still early doors, I equipped a flower thing and bashed Zelda off the map before the stupidity had a chance to start up.

Real mixed bag these things, although I have just done a fun one with three dickheads on a bridge constantly lobbing axes.
  • Camera stun can't be nullified. Just meant reverse controls.
  • Ok, this game is brilliant. Utterly in love. Spent half hour just now in the sounds menu just enjoying SO MANY AWESOME SONGS

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!