PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    So who has been winning the Badger vs Badger games?

I've been waiting to finish spirits to go online so now can get myself on
  • Did no one get to play when Nina set up lobby?

Is Nintendo sub a requirement right now or is there a grace period to try out online? (Not sure how that would work)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There was a grace period of a week I believe but yeah it's required now.
  • £18 on amazon for a year sub. I may dive in. Specially for cloud saves.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I like the interactive credits in this. I'm also playing the sp on easy.
  • Yeah the credits are the best since Melee but I still think Melee is best overall.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Omfg, my router is actually letting me play online!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Well that was fun but my router has decided that I've had enough fun for now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Whilst I understand what the spirits are for, I don't fully understand what I'm really supposed to do with them.

Some of them have traits or whatever it's called so a few have 'Fire weakness'.  Is this trait random?  Should I kill this spirit for the core and get it back later on?  I've a few that have that stupid flower thing, which just seems to annoy me for some reason.

Should I only level up the spirits that have 3 slots?

What's a master spirit?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Master spirit is your main spirit that gives you a big function. Sub spirits give you only some bonuses. Keep picking them up, but infuse your favourites with as many spirit levels
  • The three spot ones (at least later on) have worse base stats.

You should aim to have one good one available of red green and blue (this changes as you progress and better Star ones show up).
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Can I get more than one of a particular spirit?  E.g. can I get two cardboard boxes that can have different stats?
  • You can get two of one spirit but they'll have the same stats. It's not that kind of game.

The spirits on the boards aren't random either so you'd only get a duplicate through the spirit board or a shop.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Right so a primary spirit would have the same trait if I managed to get it a second time?  Fire weakness seems a pretty big negative so will never use that spirit and I've got at least two that have fire weakness.
  • tbh it doesn't matter all that much.

Once you've played for a couple hours you'll start to get so many spirits that it's almost impossible to keep track of them all. I just auto pick a few times and then go with it.

EDIT: I have 329 primaries and 281 supports.
  • You will probably bump into some Ace and Legendary spirits that will be too hard to begin and you'll probably need to come back to them once you've got some levelled up Ace or Legendary spirits of your own.

Or you've put the difficulty down to easy like I did :)
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've been auto assigning every single time! :)

I've bashed my head against fighting Sonic and a pink thing so many times, I think it's a 4 star spirit but I just can't seem to kill him.  I've bailed on a few so far but know there's plenty of game ahead of me.
  • That one is a particularly notorious spike. There are a couple of good reasons for it to exist imo.
    Spoiler:
  • Frosty wrote:
    You can get two of one spirit but they'll have the same stats. It's not that kind of game. The spirits on the boards aren't random either so you'd only get a duplicate through the spirit board or a shop.

Hmmm, I had a load of duplicates and I'm yet to use the spirit board or go shopping.  Which makes me wonder how I've done it.  (The duplicates all got reduced to cores.)  Unless they're ones my daughter unlocked on her play-through and they've somehow got lumped in with mine?!?

(Also I've now hit the awful point at which my daughter can fairly consistently beat me at this - at least she can when we play with lots of people.  I can still hold my own when it's one on one - she just seems much better at handling a crowd.  Still, it's mildly embarrassing.)
  • Auto assign will put you at a lower spirit level than your opponent so that you gain more additional rewards so if stuck probably worth having a go yourself.

For master pick highest level that wins the attack/defense/guard rock/paper/scissors.

Then subs, pick the highest level that will nullify conditions of the match. Filter can help here, but there are other abilities not covered in filter settings such as "start with a beam sword".
  • I think Spirits are shared across the main game so if you have two World of Light games running on the same account it will duplicate spirits.

On chopping in duplicates.
    I would recommend avoiding this.
    The reason being outside of World of Light it is possible to trade in spirits for certain others, including Legendary ones not available in WoL, but available on the Spirit Board. However each Legendary will require a set few spirits.
    Getting Legendary spirits using the Spirit Board is bloody tough as you only get one shot so it's handy to have an alternative way.

On levelling.
    When you start try to make a mental not of what their power was at level 1. This will help inform you if it is worth levelling a new spirit as lvl1 dictates lvl99. If it is lower at lvl1 it's probably not worth bothering with.

Enhancibilty
    You may notice on cards there is a grey box at the bottom that states it is enhancable at lvl99.
    What this means is if you level it to 99 you can rest it back to 1 but with a higher base power, these Spirits are worth while putting the effort into normally. It will also add a star, so Ace goes up to Legend or whatever the order is.
    They also represent a unique spirit in your collection so necessary for completionists.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    You can get two of one spirit but they'll have the same stats. It's not that kind of game. The spirits on the boards aren't random either so you'd only get a duplicate through the spirit board or a shop.
    Hmmm, I had a load of duplicates and I'm yet to use the spirit board or go shopping.  Which makes me wonder how I've done it.  (The duplicates all got reduced to cores.)

You can also get spirits from classic and those pictures you unlcock as you gain achievements. I actually have no idea how many dupes I have, could be loads, but I'm pretty sure there are no dupes in the mode itself.

I find auto assign usually does everything you need for a fight, including giving the correct supports. Now I'm near the end I've found it quite often gives me a spirit that is more powerful than the spirit I'm facing. Or it gives me one massively under *shrug*
  • If it works it works.
    I generally preferred to select my own but I did auto-assign sometimes, some of those times I would do it then tweak it.
  • When I booted up the game for the first time I got what I believe to be a spirit from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with pure beast stats. Maybe the game saw my save file on the Switch. Is that a thing?
  • Possibly, or might be random.
    I got some bell end from a Sonic game, they had good stats for a starter.
  • Jesus. By about hour 3 I was done with any sort of manual picking of anything bar the fighter I was using.

If I was playing on hard maybe but WoL is just sooooo long and there are so many spirits I'd probably just give up if I had to do it all manually.

The only spirits I've chosen to level are the enhanceable ones and I tend to just stick them in the dojo.
  • I was revelling in it.
    Although I had my core team so was really only switching between 3 or 4 Masters and then switching out one or two subs depending on the fight conditions.

I think I'm gonna get back on ng+ this afternoon.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, auto-picking counters any level shenanigans so it's useful for that.  I've not seen any enhanceable ones just yet.  I've been mainly looking to use WoL as a way to unlock stuff whilst testing characters.

Inkling seems fun but odd to play.  I think I need to look at an explanation of what the attacks do for each person though.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I was revelling in it. Although I had my core team so was really only switching between 3 or 4 Masters and then switching out one or two subs depending on the fight conditions. I think I'm gonna get back on ng+ this afternoon.

Glad you're enjoying it so much :)

I think I have about 7 or 8 spirits left before what I assume is the final boss and I'm really looking forward to it being over so I can move on to something else.
  • That's fair enough, it is pretty meaty and although I enjoyed it could probably be 20% shorter and just as strong.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!