Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've had all, but usually Hex, across a lot (I won't say all) ascensions.
  • Maybe it’s starts happening at a certain ascension? I can’t find mention of it though

Oh it might be that? One of the ascensions is called “unfortunate events” which means you get the shit version of things. So the room which gives 50% chance of a curse for a relic becomes a 100% chance or the room which gives you a choice between 90 money and a dagger gives your fifty money or a dagger.
  • This game is a time vampire. I thought I'd spent c10 hours with my new save - checked last night and I've played it for 40 hours. I've only had it installed for a bit over a week!
  • Crackest of the crack cocaine.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m absolutely steaming - I was cruising with a deck and I got to the baddie who alternately only takes one damage. I kept drawing my hammer blow card (searing blow upgraded 5 times + armaments + warped tongs) on his one phases. It’s hard not to feel the game was cheating.
  • There was a great daily yesterday, other than they stuck that bastard diamond and donut thing on the end. I think I’ve beaten them once, ever.
  • I went full power card on yesterday’s daily and got predictably smashed by the awakened one. Was fun though, only one turn from victory.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m absolutely steaming - I was cruising with a deck and I got to the baddie who alternately only takes one damage. I kept drawing my hammer blow card (searing blow upgraded 5 times + armaments + warped tongs) on his one phases. It’s hard not to feel the game was cheating.

Oh dear, good old Nemesis. I don't mind him tbh, but I hate Malleable.

I'm having real difficulty getting my Defect heart win. Tried three times now. Lowest I've got the bastard is 400hp. Must try harder.
  • The relic which means the lowest damage you give will be 5 is great for killing off nemesis but he can be a fecker.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Coached the Boy to Act 3 boss and he got Awakened One to second form and struggled. Look on his face when it fully healed!

He didn’t always listen to me or pay attention otherwise could’ve had it. 

We re now taking turns.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s great how the game teaches you though.
  • Second trip to final bosses on ac20 was better. Didn't take enough health into second fight, but took down time eater.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Boy and I cleared Defect last night and unlocked ascension for him. He just beat asc1 by himself! Good boy.
  • I'm really struggling with high asc heart runs. I really should watch a jorbs vid.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Hmm, been a few mistakes, but defo progress on defect ac20. 2 more final boss losses.
  • Wow jorbs vids are really long. I'd watched one back in the day but I don't remember it being this detailed, although I guess there's no getting aroung the fact it needs to be.
  • I’ve only seen the first 3 basic vids with the boy, while explaining to him what Jorbs is saying. His asc20 vids are like 3 hours aren’t they?!
  • About two hours for this one.

• The defect is amazing.
    Just got to asc3 with him. Could've reached the heart but I forgot to pick up the last key lol. Steamrolled the slug boss; the amount of damage and defense was a bit overkill.

One thing about ascending, when choosing a route it's important to guesstimate the current strength of your deck x relic build. A wrong turn can be fatal when underpowered and there's no shame in choosing an easier route to build up your character's overal strength.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    Could've reached the heart but I forgot to pick up the last key lol.

I do this a lot. Although it's usually the blue one for me because I get greedy with chests.
  • Best Asc8 with Silent yesterday, first time with a proper Shiv deck - it was hugely enjoyable. Got toxic egg early doors and loaded up on multiple Cloak & Dagger+ and Blade Dance+. I then got wrist blade (+4 damage for 0 cost attacks), three Backstab+ and Endless Agony. With Bag of Marbles, Varjyn, Strike Dummy and the event that upgrades all of your strikes I was unstoppable for the whole of act 2&3. Took down the Collector in three turns and almost every monster on act 3 in one.

Bloody great fun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I've screwed up a few good runs on ac20 I'm sure. It's obviously pretty brutal, but man, if I was being more considered in a few spots, reckon I might have snuck a win by now.

Underrated by me relic that I should get more often is tool box. Man some colourless cards are crazy.

(had a great run with apotheosis? - the one that upgrades all cards for the combat anyway - from the off. Made for some epic boss wins, but grew deck too big in act 3 and when it didn't drop early in a particular fight nothing went right.
  • Yeah, I quite like toolbox too - there's some great cards that pop up.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I just assumed toolbox was contender for worst relic. Don't think I've take it once.
  • Might have been luck with the hands I already had, but with defect if you have a bit of energy generation and power cards, adding in random colourless can be big.

Obviously a lot of variables, but getting bomb when you have a mob or apotheosis drop on a boss/elite fight, for instance, can give you a leg up.

And usually, at worst, you can take a zero cost that does some small thing to help, trip, for example. A little extra vulnerable is always nice.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I just assumed toolbox was contender for worst relic. Don't think I've take it once.

Tried it once. Didn’t go back.

• The last thing I’d want is more randomness.
  • You guys are no fun.
  • Just can't get past asc5 with defect.  I've been so close, so many times.  Just can't get enough block going and it feels like the focus or expand slot cards/relics are a thing of the past.  Any suggestions?
  • Facewon wrote:
    Might have been luck with the hands I already had, but with defect if you have a bit of energy generation and power cards, adding in random colourless can be big. Obviously a lot of variables, but getting bomb when you have a mob or apotheosis drop on a boss/elite fight, for instance, can give you a leg up. And usually, at worst, you can take a zero cost that does some small thing to help, trip, for example. A little extra vulnerable is always nice.

Colourless can indeed be big with defect. That ? where you have to pay to leave but can keep grabbing colourless cards for 6 HP can be a gamechanger if you have the nerve to grab a few.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!