Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I'm struggling with Silent.  Took me a few attempts at Asc3 to even get to the Act 3 boss then I died when I thought I had a good shiv based deck.  Got Deca down to 30hp, almost there.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Look are the block cards (Blur and Dodge and Roll) and if you can grab after image, upgraded makes you very tough.
  • I had After Image (innate) and innate shiv at start of turn card, and Blur. Relic that gives you 0 card if you use a power. Act 3 flew by, I just bodged it on the boss.

It could just be the fact that I’ve been playing as IC for so long, I need to get back into the groove as Slient.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What’s great about this game is the number of new things still to discover.

Just did a Watcher Asc 10 run with 2 x Worship and 2 x Brilliance. Combined with Apotheosis was pretty much unstoppable.
  • New combos still happening. Currently got Rupture + (every time you take damage from a card gain 2 strength) and the pain curse (lose 1 hp every time you play a card with this in hand).

Christ, I bet that's a cracker.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I chanced across that combo in my first ever clear. No idea if it works at higher ascensions, but it opened my eyes to what a powerful build actually looked like.
  • You can’t just say that!
  • Man, doing, I think, ac16 for watcher. Great, fun run slammed shut on last 2 fights.

Just handed so many good synergies so quickly.

Had sig move as the primary big hitter, managed to get rid of all strikes. Had a few flurry of blows and 1 of the one that gives you more energy if last card was attack.

Lucked out hard with stuff giving me stuff to hit triple damage zone. Relic for one mantra per turn, 2 of the power card that gives you mantra per turn (one levelled up) and the 0 cost skill for 3 mantra.

Absolutely smashed through everything with barely a scratch.

Then second last fight was spaghetti fuck and he hit me hard, final fire couldn't heal me enough, time eater as final boss and I just couldn't quite last long enough to get a good sig move while in uber mode to finish him off.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Brimstone + any strength + reaper feels like instant wins to me.

The first automatically gives you double strength over the enemy, the second nudges you ahead of that and buffed reaper cancels out any boost the enemy gets from brimstone especially as multiple enemies show up.

Most recent game also got a snecko too.

Actually. The whole run was ridiculous because I had feed too.

Just bananas.
  • brimstone is one of my fave relics but it makes the heart a real challenge because of those scaling multi attacks
  • I rarely go for heart now as I am trying to go up the acensions and losing at a heart feels galling.
  • I rarely go for heart now as I am trying to go up the acensions and losing at a heart feels galling.

Yeah do ascs first and then go back up them with heart.
  • Has anyone (here or ever) actually done all heart ascensions with all characters??

You pass the ascension if you beat the act 3 boss, heart isn’t required as far as I remember. Check with @Roujin to make sure.

• This is correct.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Has anyone (here or ever) actually done all heart ascensions with all characters??

yep :)
  • Well there you go. I must have missed going up an ascension when the steam was coming out of my ears after I lost a heart run that I locked in but lost a critical card in one of the question marks.
  • VkYmbpX.png
    The one time I managed brimstone heart run. Fastest victory I ever had, too. Def one of the most fun. iirc I won on the last possible turn I could, as I was about to get hit for 200 odd damage or something stupid like that. 

I saved heart runs for when I was done with all the ascensions, but now I'm at that stage anything less than an a20 heart victory feels a bit hollow. The nature of the game and the way it forces you to constantly optimise your decisions means that playing at any ascension other than your highest might actually make you worse.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Has anyone (here or ever) actually done all heart ascensions with all characters??
    yep :)

Wow. Respect. How many hours have you put in?!
  • I bow to your superiority.

This is one of those games that I absolutely love and just wish I was much better at. I feel I should be better than I am for my 135 hours or so.
  • It's just perseverance. I have no talent at this. If anything the opposite is true. At the level I find myself trying to play now I often run up against the limits of my intelligence, which can be really frustrating.
  • 135 hours is a lot for any other game
  • I have approx that much but my bet is that half is the game on my face as I fall asleep.
  • Well there you go. I must have missed going up an ascension when the steam was coming out of my ears after I lost a heart run that I locked in but lost a critical card in one of the question marks.

I think if you die on a heart run you don't clear that Ascension iirc. It's a weird one.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I thought I did one time, very early on.
  • AC16 done with Watcher. Super cool deck.

Got tantrum early, followed by the card that buffs next attack. Then lucked out on so many first move relics it was nuts.

Gambling chip, first attack does extra damage, enemies start with vulnerable. 2 energy after resting. 

Had Vault too and scribble too.

I one turned nearly all of Act 3. And took down the rat/bird thing first form on first turn.

Awesome fun.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • this mind bloom event where you can fight a boss from act 1 for a rare relic; do you guys always face hexaghost?
  • Hmmm. I think more often than not, but can’t be sure if all the time.
  • I never had anything else but maybe that's normal. I only ask because I think the random number generator at the game's core might have got stuck for my copy. Looking through my run history it seems I haven't had necronomicon in over year, which would surely be incredibly unlikely given the amount I have played this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!