Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Game doesn’t start until ASC 21
  • So I bought this a while back, had one go and then left it. Had another blast last weekend and been playing it daily ever since. Great game. I’ve really just been doing the dailies though, am I missing owt by not doing the normal game?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Up to you but the dailies modify the core gameplay.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I’ve really just been doing the dailies though, am I missing owt by not doing the normal game?

Yes, play the main game. Daily challenge is internet fodder but the main game is beautifully judged. The balance of the core cards is a wonder of modern game design. It's that good.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • But be prepaed to die a lot. And by a lot I mean a couple of days or so without progressing. Unlike the dailes it's hard, but in the best and most maddening way.
  • And by a couple of days I really mean weeks.
  • Took 12 attempts to get out asc3 with Silent.
  • get used to it. 

Silent is a mofo on ac9 for me right now.

Got a final boss to half health with a monster shiv deck, probably would have knocked it off if i could have survived one more turn. between buffs and debuffs I had 5+ shivs doing 21 damage a pop each turn.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The boy is getting into jorbs videos.
  • It's great to be back on this. What a game.
  • a10 with silent done. Went into time eater with 28 health.

Finished with 6. 

High risk hand, ditched starting relic for the one that retains cards between turns, so took a bunch of cards that are very specific and they mostly paid off.

Some poison and used multiplier to force him down a long way, but couldn't do much poison post his heal, so had to tank up and slug it out for the final HP.

Still can't believe I did it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wow that’s fight and a half. Hate TK at the best of times but going in on less than half health sounds like suicide. Well done.
  • Nicely done. Has anyone found any good mods yet?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tempted to grab this on PS4 later, but I'll be well pissed off it it comes to Switch soon after.
  • Buy it on both.
  • No really, it's that good. Then when it comes out on Switch you've a portable version, but start playing it immeadiately.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No really, it's that good. Then when it comes out on Switch you've a portable version, but start playing it immeadiately.

Yes and yes.

Haven't bothered with mods. Would be happy with cosmetic mods, but until I complete the game, I'm not sure I'd want to spoil the balance.
  • I'm playing too much again so has a quick look and there's certainly plenty of them. Initial impressions were positive, although let's face it they're never going to be as good as Ironclad or Silent. Some have a quite simple deck and I suspect these are going to be the best, although it's hard to tell until I've put 30 hrs in or so.

Edit: Slimebound seemed very promising.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I started to get sucked back in but decided to stop myself as I need to play other games. Problem with Spire is you say to yourself it’s just a short game but that one short game turns into 5 in a row.
  • Yeah, it's hard because you tend to learn stuff and think you're going to nail it next time, or maybe the time after that, or definitely if you have one more or go.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm not getting it on PS4 and Switch.

Or am I?

Gnnnnnnnnn.
  • How much is it?
  • Probably shouldn't matter, as you're probably talking about 200hrs worth of entertainment here, and then another 400 after the divorce, which kind of makes it astonishingly bad and good value at the same time irrespective of the actual game price.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    £20, so probably £80 on Switch. I'm not spending £100 on it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gonna be great to watch someone else post the inevitable “I don’t get the appeal” followed quickly by “this is the best thing ever” later followed by “I could play this so much better”.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    £20, so probably £80 on Switch. I'm not spending £100 on it.

Honestly just buy it now. You'll be mildly entertained until about 20hrs in, like Boris says, starting again and getting maybe a little further. Then you'll start noticing things, like how that card did pretty good paired with that other card, and then you'll start paying attention, and then one day you'll just be addicted like that. It'll probably happen one evening, that turns past midnight, and then two, and then you remember it's different now - you've got kids, and play it until 5 in the morning anyway.

My boy is 8 and is obsessed and even his Mum approves of this one, kinda. It's a great game for young minds. Planning, maths, patterns. It's easily the best game of this/last year. A steal at £20.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I know I'll be obsessed from the word go, it couldn't be more up my alley. Just seems more a handheld than TV affair.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I play on laptop solely and it’s perfect.
  • Fantasy card bollocks
  • @ Pea

Well maybe. It's hard to imagine not dragging and dropping with a mouse, but only because it's the only way I've ever done it. You'll be playing it with Elliot on the big screen anywway, discussing tactics and which cards to pick/play. I love our sessions in front of the PC monitor. It's great when they start to understand it and you'll be proud when they tell you why you're wrong and suggest a better tactic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!