Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Managed to clear Asc 10 with Defect last week, but IC and Silent are proving to be a struggle.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm done with this for a good while, fucking love it so much but got so many other things to play.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Agree with this. Think I’ve burned out. Think I want a few short to play games like I just had with Titanfall 2.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    I just want it on Switch already, too much effort to turn on my awful PC.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm over the 268 hour mark last I checked, I really could do with stopping, but got close on an ASC 6 Defect run last night, and that just kicks the habit back up a gear!!

Switch version would just probably end my job and relationship.
  • MuseChick wrote:
    I just want it on Switch already, too much effort to turn on my awful PC.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got the urge to play today. Ascension 6 cleared with a fucking insane Apparition + STR + Heavy Blade build. Timekeeper got utterly fucking destroyed, I lost 3 HP from the 74 I had:

1CIkwY4.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Casual no ascension run. Dead Branch + Charon's Ashes = lol

qPzeLT5.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    After what seems like forever, I absolutely smashed Deck and Donu on an Asc 6 run with Defect. Played for All for One and 0 cost cards, but could only get one claw.

Absolute monster of a relic list though. By the end I was playing with Deca after his mate died. Ended up with more HP damaged than I started whole.

Wlzk8LX.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nice one man
  • Nice one DS and Boris! IC with a dead branch deck and Defect with mummified hand are some of my favourite decks in this I think. 

I've been grinding away but it's getting really tough now. I managed to get all characters through Asc 10, but it's taken forever to clear an Asc 11 run. Just managed it now for the first time with a super tanky block based IC deck with a couple of juggernaughts, a barricade, 3x metallicize (lol) anda couple of entrenches, but only one bloody body slam dropped or appeared in a shop in the whole run!!! I would have absolutely smashed this run with even one extra copy. 

As it is, most hallway fights went two ways, either it was pissy little mobs that I just tanked until immolate showed up and cleared them out, or for the heavy hitters the aim was to just keep stacking block, especially on the turns where they werent attacking, that eventually I was completely outstripping their ability to even decrease my block from turn to turn while the juggernaughts chipped away at their health along with the occasional immolate, perfect strike, or atomic bomb body slam for like 150 damage. 

Here's the deck and it's a fatty fat fat deck because the game kept giving me so much choice as I had the prayer wheel, plus the ? card plus the bowl, so every fight ended with a two 4 card choices or the ability to increase my hp by up to 4 thanks to the bowl if there wasnt anything I didn't like. Easily one of my favourite runs ever in this, but I'm really at the point now where I feel like I'm only clearing runs or getting to the final boss because I'm getting good decks. FeelsHardMan. 

GpXb3Iz.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Christ Asc11! I’ll be lucky to get to 9. My time investment is waning in this a bit now. I am trying hard to play other games. I’m guessing by the end of the year I could get to 10 with all (though the Silent is the toughest to do high level runs with).

Agree on the Defect plus mummified hand though it’s a bit worrying when you get the Ascended One as the boss.
  • I was just about ready to ask you guys what all the fuss is about this game. It seems like a less polished version of some of the hearthstone single player content. Could not see what the fuss was about at all. But then suddenly it got me and I played it 12 hours yesterday.

Where does the replay value come from? My understanding is that i have almost reached the last boss. What keeps you coming back?

Edit- okay just read about this ascension stuff. Cool
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have you reach the last last boss? Have you done an Ascension run yet? If not then you won’t have reached the last boss. Then it’s reaching it with each character (I’ve only done it with one). Then there’s playing it a higher Ascension levels (up to 20 I believe).

And then there’s just the desire to win with a certain combo of deck. For example I really want a dead branch shiv deck with The Silent.
  • I was just about ready to ask you guys what all the fuss is about this game. It seems like a less polished version of some of the hearthstone single player content. Could not see what the fuss was about at all. But then suddenly it got me and I played it 12 hours yesterday. Where does the replay value come from? My understanding is that i have almost reached the last boss. What keeps you coming back?

Well, every character is different for a start, as are the decks. There's further unlocks as you go through. Getting to the top level is really just the very first bit completed. You'll need to do that with all chars to see further bosses, and then there's the increasingly difficult ascensions to work through. I think there's only one of us who has beaten the final thing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • The understanding really only starts when you've got to the top with one char. I remember thinking I'd more or less finished it too Noxy at that bit you've done. Then I played another 100 hours or something silly. I need to get back to it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m pushing on 300 hours. Wasted many runs trying to get specific deck combos. I’m at Asc 5, 7 and 8 at mo and beat the real boss only once.
  • Shit guys I actually can't stop playing this. Hardly eaten all day. Gonna have trouble sleeping tonight I'm sure :(
  • Welcome to the addiction, we've all put silly hours in. What char did you use to get to the top?
  • Just finished my first run. I went as defect. I thought I'd proper fucked it after I severely ballsed up some choices of loot. I had something that was giving me extra potions, and extra healing whenever I took a potion, and a skill which allowed me to magic a potion into my hand or something like that (I think. Or maybe that was another run) but then for some stupid reason I chose the boss relic that meant I could no longer pick up potions at all.

Anyway, I focused on nothing besides cycling through frost orbs as fast as I could. Typically getting through 3 -5 per turn once it gets going. Nothing could get close to me through all the armour I'd amassed. hardly took a hit for the 2nd half of my run. And aftera while of orb cycling Id then go all in for the skill that does damage for every frost orb channeled, so doing about 50 in total. Only I'm doing it twice as it's the first card played on that turn. Only I'm actually doing it 4 times because after it's used I pull it back out of my discard pile.

Think I'm ready to sack off the rest of my life and settle down to playing this full time
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep welcome to the club. Say goodbye to family and friends. Hopefully you’ll break free of this cruel addiction one day.
  • The worst part is when you realise The Defect is the least refined. Once you start getting serious with Ironclad your life really is on hold for a bit.
  • Shit. Today is supposed to be my first day working from home. I've just woken up and this game is literally the first thing I have thought about
  • Install cold Turkey quick.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So Noxy, why I keep coming back, just completed ASC 8 with Ironclad using a strategy I've never used before. Heavy block with barricade and impervious. Using the red skull had decent strength when I hit less than 50% hp.

rmX45b9.jpg
  • Has Code quit his job to become a full time Spire streamer yet?

Grats on the clear Boris! Big up the barricade decks, so much fun when they get working properly. 

I've been dabbling since it's all I can be arsed to play really while I'm sorting moving to the new place, had hit a brick wall at Asc 11 with Silent and Defect, decided to watch some JoiNrbs vids for a bit of inspiration and managed to finally get them cleared. Defect deck was just a nice frost orb generator with dark orbs doing the damage. Silent deck was a poison deck that ended up with apparitions (which I take every game now pretty much, I underestimated them so hard on a lot of runs) that just squeaked past the awakened one with a turn or two to spare. 

AoZEMke.jpg

oOb0oHg.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice work Rouj !!

Silent on 11 is amazing. Apparaition I like unless I get The Knight boss or Stone Head.
  • Erm, well, somehow managed to back to back clear Asc 12 tonight with Silent and Defect! Another apparition poison combo deck and frost orb dark orb combo deck respectively.
  • Where the fuck is my Switch version. Still can’t be arksed to turn on my PC/Mac (forget which I have it in).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!