Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • EXV8t67.jpg
    Some blinding relics there.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • So, Limit Break upgraded so it doesn't exhaust is handy.

0GRskDK.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking hell!! What other cards did you have?
  • Flame Barrier and Armnaments were handy but the main ones are shown. I only needed Spot Weakness+ to get the strength up to 5 and then just kept doubling it with limit break. When the deck is small it doubles a lot. Even regular Strikes were doing nearly 1000.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    god. damn.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    How many limit breaks did you have?
  • Small deck was key.
  • I did pretty much the same on Asc 4 but also had double tap, so when I hit Time Keeper with Heavy Blade+ it killed him outright because the second hit wiped out his rejuvination too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just did a few Ironclad runs. On my fourth I got limit break as my pre-run bonus, then spot weakness on my first reward card.

Doing almost 300 dmg to Timekeeper off one card was top bants, cheers SG!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Had my my most difficult run - Asc 3 with Silent. Went for a shiv deck, but couldn't seem to get accuracy for love nor money. Plus 50% Bad Face (which I of course got) made all my fights more difficult than they needed to be as I started every combat with 1 weak.

Anyway, just about took the Timekeeper out thanks to Flechettes and a couple shivs.

wlUqn5u.jpg
  • Nice one Boris. SG that is just silly, top deck building!

I've absolutely hit a brick wall with Ascension 6. Barely able to make it the end boss at all! The flavour text says you start the run damaged, but I swear the enemies are way more aggressive as well, they definitely ramp more quickly into their big attacks, at least that's how it feels. Really struggling to get decks to either kill fast enough or stack enough block to make it through boss and elite fights.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ironclad and Defect are both onto Asc 4 now, Silent on Asc 3. Finally got the idea behind all this and its a beast of a game.

Won this Defect run with a brutal deck with tons of fucking cards and synergies. Had 1400 gold at one point lolsmh:

ID5ohGg.jpg
  • Nice. I just beat a4 with silent. So I'm chasing a5 with all now.

Weird bloated hand. Need to look again how I did it.

Especially as Ara whacked buttons and forced Kite relic on me.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • God damn, Ascension 6 refuses to budge. Managed to get to the end bosses with all characters now but it feels like I really need to step my deckbuilding up a notch, I just can't seem to find a way to either pump out damage or stack enough defend to last through the boss fights!

Had a nice Defect deck with 2x all for one and a bunch of 0 cost cards plus including claw, plus the pen nib, but couldn't make it stick because the damage mitigation was too low, had an Ironclad deck with headbut into 2x upgraded perfect strikes with double tap, again death by not enough block at the boss, had a nice Silent deck with the 0 cost attack buff relic, some nice shiv action with afterimage, and again just couldnt find the damage mitigation to hold on against the end boss. BOOURNS.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sorry Rouj. Just jumped on to say that's Ascension 6 done with Ironclad. Heavy blade with good energy relics and lizard tail saved me. Was glad I got Awakened One rather than Timekeeper.

knEisKJ.jpg
  • Nice one boris! Tasty looking deck as well, shuriken so good in heavy blade decks if you have the energy to get the attacks in.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I can't even do ascension 1... Must say that I'm really slow at this and my concentration starts to go after a while, usually somewhere in act 3.

I still enjoy the game, but I'm fine with just doing the weekly seed and a couple more defect runs for all the unlocks for now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Nice one boris! Tasty looking deck as well, shuriken so good in heavy blade decks if you have the energy to get the attacks in.

Yep, just tried Asc 7 and didn't get far, mainly because I took the pyramid and not the energy relic at the end of act 1.

@Nina - I have spent too much time on this game tbh. Nearly up to 200 hrs, which is insane for me. The only other game in recent years I've spent more time on is Destiny.
  • Ahahahahahaha! The classic has happened. Inspired by Boris, I had one more go before bed with the Ironclad to see what I could do and this happened:

8Rln2DZ.jpg

Feels good man. 

Nina don't sweat it, I'm in the Boris camp, think I'm up to 130 hours on this now. I think eventually what's going to happen is I'll reach a point where I don't make any progression and then just drift away until some updates or something come out. Apart from the weekly spire challenge because that is one of the coolest forum participation things evar!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    In some way I wish I could, I love the game but one session to get to act 3 is just a bit too long for me. I start making stupid mistakes and ruin perfectly good runs that way. My main one is ending a turn when I still have cards to play. Wish I could be as relaxed as joinrbs while playing, I often have his twitch on during the day, his voice is almost soothing. And his reactions to a completely insane run are a lot of fun, he seems like a good guy (thanks for pointing him out early days @Tempy, he's a good source of info and entertainment)
  • I always forget turns where I have one extra mana and forget to play a card because I'm not thinking! So annoying when that happens!!!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, or focusing on getting your defense up to cover at least a bit of the incoming damage, and then realizing you could have killed if you didn't just spent all your energy.

Steam says I've played 55 hours, so haven't hammered it as hard as most here. It's still a great game, it's just that a run with a good deck takes longer than my concentration span, and saving and playing the next day isn't often very successful as I forget what I was doing. Specially if I just picked up that relic that transforms all you strikes and defends (I thought it said upgrade, oops). I ended up with such a weird deck and couldn't remember what I was trying to remove from it.
  • I find it too difficult to save mid-run. I can never remember the swagger of the current combos.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep, I find it difficult to pick up a run part way through. You also lose the flow and feel of the deck.

@Roujin - great stuff on that run!
  • Hah! Imagine that. After being stuck for a couple of weeks I've been doing some runs from the comfort of my bed today while off work ill and lo', a lil defective boy has now cleared Asc.6! 

Very touch and go though, I had the awakened one as the end boss on a power hungry Defect build. I fucked up by throwing my vulnerable potion on him to kill him and forgot it didn't carry over to his second form. His fist turn of which would have killed me so I had to do 300 damage in one turn. RNGesus smiled upon me though and thanks to having 5 energy, a zap, a seek, and an overclock in my hand I was able to channel a few extra lightning orbs and then unleash a roid potion boosted 24x 14dmg Thunder Strike for epic jammy win. 

I had disgusting relics as well for full disclosure. The gold calipers and molten egg meant that picking up the relic that stops you upgrading at rest sites basically didn't have any drawbacks, also got the capacitor which is just bananas (imo defect special relics are easily the best in game).

Deckington:
    nESVeGo.jpg
  • OMD just done Asc6 with Silent as well. 

Dead branch shiv build, had Ninja Scroll relic which gives you 3 shivs at the start of each combat and the Shuriken relic that boosts your strength every 3 attacks and had the finisher card. Many hallway fights ended on round 1.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Only had my first dead branch run yesterday, got it pretty late into a Defect run so didn't really see it shine. Pretty sure I died to the head, which was a bummer as there was only 1 hallway fight after and I think it was deka / donu for act 3 boss.

Impressed at the clear time there Rouj, I still don't understand how people can get this done under an hour.

Unlocked all the defect stuff last night, which is the last character related things I needed. A look at the stats screen shows I'm missing a lot of relics from events still, and a couple others. Guess I'll continue playing but maybe push for achievements and trying to find the last unlocks. Not playing for wins and just doing stupid stuff (like going for all events) could be fun. I hate this game but love it a lot too. Would have loved it when I was younger and still had a functioning brain. It brings back memories of a time where I was the only person around in my area interested in card games, I have loads of Harry Potter cards somewhere and would always make decks with it, forcing my brother to play with me (he didn't understand it at all, so I was basically playing on my own). It was in the time Pokémon cards where introduced as well, but all the kids played to collect and I only realized way later it was a game too.

When are you gonna stream this again @Roujin? I like watching this game as much as I like playing it.
  • I was thinking about doing one Saturday night, so like 9PM UK time probably!

I think the only reason my clear times have come down is that i have to think less on the hallway fights (at least until I start the Asc7 runs) since I sort of know the attack patterns give or take for the enemies, so a lot of my runs over the course of Asc 6 have got quicker.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just clocked 200hrs!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!