Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I've only played 15 minutes. So far it just seems like the free to play adventures in Hearthstone

Considering an average run to the end is about an hour, that’s not really anything. It’s a totally different ball game to the Hearthstone adventures.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was kinda bummed when my Ironclad run seemed to end like this:
    88blS6F.jpg

But then I noticed that the thorns would kill him after his first attack. So that's my Ironclad run finally done and also the first time I beat the Awakened.

This was my deck
    mdPOydc.jpg
    It was pretty brutal in halfway fights, those perfect strike + were really nice. Could have used a little more block but I didn't get much. I also didn't get many cards that had "strike" in them, but my perfects were still dealing enough damage.

Could probably have removed feed (or skip it), got that somewhere in act 3 and only got to use it twice I think.
    Also removed a card that would play the next two attacks twice, as I never had it in the same hand as my perfect strikes, might have taken less damage if I didn't remove it and could kill faster. Not really sure how I feel about that card, I thought it would be useful as I had quite a few cards that needed 2 energy, but they never ended up in the same hand.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Nina! He can be a right bastard. And snatching victory at the last second is even sweater. I’ve never really done a perfected strike run so props for that. I can also see you took choker which I find can limit me but that’s probably because I love them zero energy cards.
  • Grats Nina! Gotta love those last turn boss kills by thorns before the rest of their attacks kill you!

Ascension 6 and chasing heart runs on Ascension 1 has been slooowwww progress for me. Made it to time keeper on Asc 6 with an okayish shuriken and shiv strength building combo with decent block generation thanks to after image and ornamental fan, just not quite enough to hold on before my strength got high enough to finish him off. Crai.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Asc 5 for me and also tried heart in Asc 1 but think I’m a way off that one.
  • How long does it take for this to get fun?

It took a few hours for me to get into it properly but trust me, it'll happen. Seems lightweight doesn't it? Then you'll start to discover it's actually quite difficult to get to the end. Then, after a few runs, you'll be convinced it's pretty much impossible. That's you'll start learning shit, things that get you further. That's when it starts getting fun, and that's when you begin to appreciate how much learning there is to be done. It's a long road, but it's worth it.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Also, every character is different because they use different decks. When you get frustrated with one you can play with another and it's all new again. Defect was my favourite at first because it seems more powerful and you'll probably get further with it at first. Now it's my least, but then again I've been too busy with the other two to give it it's proper due. I've got to the "end" with it, but that's just the beginning really.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Some nice ways to play the Defect that don’t just rely on massive orb damage. I’ve yet to win one but a claw run is great fun.
  • Claw, like Perfect strike, sounds way better in theory than it is practice. Much, much better 0 costs cards for Defect.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But when a claw run comes together it’s pretty special. I just haven’t been able to get to the end with one.
  • I guess that’s my (repeated) problem with cards that require stuff to “come together” for them to be fun, it’s just not that interesting to me. I’m happier with decks that have enough moving parts that they’re successful, rather than lumping stuff into a do or die basket. What are you turning down to get those Claws is always my fear. All For Onr gets some utility out of it, but i’d almost always be drawing FTL, Beam Cell, Go for the Eyes or an upgraded Zap in the place of a Claw for the turns when my discard pile is empty and All For One is bottom decked.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh definitely those other zero cards are great. And are usually part of a “normal” Defect run. And as is clear by my lack of a win with the strategy you are holding out in hope to get that perfect synergy for claws.

I feel when I’ve done it once I probably won’t try it again, but even that random element doesn’t deter me in this game as much as it would in others.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I can also see you took choker which I find can limit me but that’s probably because I love them zero energy cards.
    Yeah I took it because by that time a lot of the cards I was using were 2 energy ones. I think it only limited what I wanted to play once.
    Tempy wrote:
    Claw, like Perfect strike, sounds way better in theory than it is practice. Much, much better 0 costs cards for Defect.
    Pff, haven't you seen my deck up there! Perfect Strike was absolutely ace, specially when I got 2 down to 0 cost with madness in the Awakened fight.
    I was halving elites health at turn 1.
    I don't remember what I left behind the first time I picked it, I was getting a lot of cards I usually don't see that often.
    Uppercut+ into Perfect Strike+ was pretty tasty.

(nah I know what you're talking about, it's usually not my first choice but when your first one is doing around 30 damage it's rude to not pick up the others you see)

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The heart is utter bullshit. First turn 72 damage!
  • Aye, I've only managed to kill it once with the Ironclad on a heavy blade deck that was pretty compact with decent strength generation and then draw into heavy strike.

Think made it once with Silent and once with Defect, Silent I just couldnt generate enough block to keep up with the damage I was taking from spamming shivs and defect died when I biased cognition too early and ended up on zero damage orbs (although I think even without biased cog, my overall damage output would have been too low to go the distance until biased cog could be used as a finisher).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    With the damage per card the heart pretty much screws over zero energy card decks as you are taking so much damage just from attacking.

I went in with a heavy deck but with only about 80% health after getting past his guards it was never going to be easy. I’ll get there. Possibly.
  • It depends, I mean with upgraded after image on the silent for instance, every card you play generates 2 block, which negates the effect for the first bit of the fight at least. But yeah, it seems like you want some kind of deck that is able to build up to hitting stupidly hard, or that is able to stack a ton of block while being able to passively damage the heart using poison, or orbs or something.
  • I haven't done a heart run for a while, but you'd think self forming clay would be pretty epic for the heart. 3 armour next turn each time you take damage. Could pretty easily, if you were ok to take 1 damage per card, then have amazing block on the hearts actual turn.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Decided to go cold turkey on this a bit. Need to do/play/watch something else. So no more playing for a week at least.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Asc 1 cleared with Silent. Utter beast of a poison build, was doing almost 200 poison per turn most fights.

LiaFbdq.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You took the option to upgrade all strikes and defends rather than ditch one didn't you? DIDN'T YOU??!! You filthy swine.

Well done on the win

EDIT - that's a nice relic hand btw.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Heh yes I did as my deck was weak as at that point, got through the first boss with 4HP left lol. Come second floor it just started chucking poison cards at me for fun. Double Catalyst+ was fun.
  • Upgrading strikes and defends can be immensely good TBF
  • Asc 3 with Ironclad cleared (again). Steam seems to have remembered.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message

This is just beautiful. The most fun joinrbs video I've seen so far. Pure madness.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Haha hadn't seen that video Nina, then this happened:

3T4YlK0.jpg

Snecko Eye + five upgraded Perfected Strikes + a ton of strike cards = Time Eater dead in five turns. Double taps for days too. So strong man barely needed block. 

FAVOURITE RUN EVER
  • Yeah s'pretty nice. I guess.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So, I couldn't stay away for long. Had a very comfortable Asc 5 Ironclad run. First use of Feed cards and took out the Timekeeper comfortably. Check out those final hit points, even had a lizard tail in the bag.

aEJS5iO.jpg

2q6oncb.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yes yes lad
  • Feed is so good early doors on a run.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!