myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    This was a pretty fun Ironclad run, shame I couldn't finish it.

gjH0zXy.jpg

Did get the Collector and 1hp achievement that run, so it feels like I at least got something. Haven't had a win since my only Defect win, think my brain isn't good at thinking a couple steps ahead. Can also never remember which enemies are in each act
  • Woohoo! Cleared my first Ascension 5 run with Ironclad just now. Had a sort of okayish juggernaut deck going, dealing damage by blocking. Had some nice synergy stuff going on, had Rage to proc Juggernaut even when attacking, had some Iron Waves to basically hit twice, had barricade to carry over block, had some body slams. Immolate and Reaper were nice for AoE and sustain. 

It only really came good in the last floor where I got to clone Juggernaut in a ? room, got a spot weakness and a whirlwind on the way to the Awakened One as well as a heavy blade so that I ended up having some quite good options building strength. 

I got luckyish against the awakened one because my Chrysalis card generated a limit break as well as an entrench. I got both my juggernauts earlyish and the barricade. Ended up killing the first part of Awakened one with only 3hp left, but in his first turn I got off a disgusting limit break, bash, reaper combo thanks to getting enlightment upgraded during the first phase and buffing some cards. Healed for 56 hp or something silly, then drew into a bunch of block, body slam and the heavy blade which hit for 216 damage. 

Xk5N8k8.png
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I would say one thing I've got much better at is not putting cards in my deck when offered if they aren't going to do something better than I already have or if they don't play well with a build I have going.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I still suck at remembering to work out anything that carries over between turns, remembering to watch any relics that have counters involved and remembering vulnerable extra damage and missing lethal because of it.
  • Realising how much I wrecked my win % by wanting to be systematic and beat heart with ironclad, then silent, then defect. Tried that for a good few weeks. The way it wrecks your path and takes away at least 2 upgrade relic options killed me.

Have now done ascension 2 with all and ascension 3 with at least 1.

Winning every other run.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm still very good at making one stupid decision and failing a run thanks to that. Or misunderstanding cards.

Was so close to the act 3 boss (donut friends) with The Silent just now, only to decide I can take on two sentry things in a ? room. Just couldn't keep my defense high enough, which is weird as that was how I won most things prior. Have poison building up while blocking and throwing a shiv every turn.
    I lost by 1 turn and -1 hp, if I didn't have the burn I would have won as the poison was ready to take out the last sentry.

Finding it really hard to feel the synergy between cards, relics and potions. I'm not even good at planning ahead but the synergy thing is the worst. I watch jonrbs and he's so good at that. Knows how to build up pen etc. Was happy to see he's also a fan of echo form and self repair+. But it would never have occurred to me that if you go for that combo every fight, you could pick up one of those relics that prevent you from resting. If you're smart with self repair you don't need it anymore.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The best advice I watched in a video is to try and get those energy relics. Most have a downside but most downsides you can live with vs that extra energy. The main ones I don’t like are not seeing enemy intent and only drawing so many cards per turn.
  • A very cheeky smol stream of this will start at 20:30.

Be there or be fucking whack af my dudes!

http://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    The best advice I watched in a video is to try and get those energy relics. Most have a downside but most downsides you can live with vs that extra energy. The main ones I don’t like are not seeing enemy intent and only drawing so many cards per turn.
    I had the not seeing the enemy intent one at some point at that annoyed me greatly. Guess it's not bad if you're one of the smart guys and know the patterns. I saw joinrbs pick up the one that removed campsite rests (I think that was an energy relic too), but that was only because he had the echo form + self repair going and could keep his health topped up that way. Everything is so very situational in this game and that's what makes it good. Don't think there are many cards / relics that are never useful.

I'll try and watch the stream @Rouj, but you know that a "smol stream" is almost impossible with a game like this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This bloody Time Keeper. Had a great hand twice and every time I get to him on Ascension 2 he pulls out the big punches. And then he bloody regens just when I thought I had him!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I beat Ascension 1 with Defect last night. Still haven't won a run with Silent.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Silent for me is the hardest too. Got her to win one but haven’t managed and Ascension run yet. I think I can only win with a maxed out poison deck. The shiv thing never seems to work for me.
  • Poison is harder with the Awakened One because he shakes it all off when he does his thing, by which time you have no Catalysts left. He's better with the Donu and Deca.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Silent Decks can’t rely on one tool. Archetypes are weak overall because every boss counters one or two of them unlesss they’re insane. Scaling cards and relics help a lot, but she’s definitely tough.
  • Well that's the thing with Silent, it's more open than some and you can go heavy on both. Hard Poison really just requires Treble Catalyst on top of a couple of generic poison cards.
  • Noxious Fumes is generally pretty good if you’ve got the block. Caltrops is similarly brilliant. Dexterity is amazing. Malaise is god tier.
  • Noxious Fumes is a personal favourite, but it needs upgrading.
  • Dunno, it’s generally not the first thing i’d upgrade, it’s unusual for a power card in that it’s upgrade matters because it guaranteed to play every turn, unlike a lot of them. That said, i’d still have it low down the list.
  • It's my first upgrade priority.
  • Interesting. I'll always upgrade Neutralise, free damage and damage mitigation for 0 cost is hella tasty.
  • I honestly don't think I've completed and ascension run without it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think my issue is I find her ultra weak compared to Ironclad and Defect, hard to get a ton of damage going early. Can see shes the one you can make crazy insane builds on the easiest though with the right RNG
  • My win rate with her is definitely lower, but I’d argue she gets a lot of the better relic synergies and with a good deck has a big opportunity to get consistently strong first thens. I just need to work out my scaling solutions better with her because I tend to find myself in fights in Act 3 that I struggle to consistently get through.

I still find Defect the weirdest, I win with it but I don’t know why or how certain powerful decks win vs others. Very swingy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I tried some Echo Form runs last night. Stacking that gets super super powerful. Get two upgraded in your deck and you can play your first three cards twice each. Coming that with the card that gives you a random power and you can get some stupidly powerful hands.
  • OOFT. A super nice Silent run just now and that's Ascension 5 cleared with errybody. Think this was my highest scoring run to date. Traded my starting relic for a boss relic with Neow at the start, got pyramid then the framed insect or whatever it is that reduces elite health by 25% and ended up with a nice run of the mill poison deck, nothing fancy, just a good solid selection of cards, and a lot of relics taken from elites that just pushed it over the top by the end of the game. 

I really need to go back and try and beat the heart I think now. Haven't a run at it once (am fanny).

T0jGdkG.png
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've been doing loads of silent runs, got to the act 3 boss a couple times now. Main problem is arriving with low health.

Got a fun deck now with a card that does poison damage and when the enemy dies it does damage to all enemies with its max hp. Has been fun in hallway fights.

I'm just trying to get block with The Silent, get rid of strikes and just add poison cards or cards that can draw cards. I don't think the Silent has any option to heal herself, so I'm going for block more than on others. Best card for that of course of the one that does 10 damage and 10 block.

Still need to win anything with The Silent and Ironclad, but I'm not trying too hard yet. I'm often just taking cards to see what they do.

Edit, I might just post a screenshot from the deck I got going now, would be fun to read what you people think needs to be added.
  • Strangely, I've only beaten a3 with silent. A2 with the others.

I'd agree she's the hardest, but as temps says, when synergies do their thing.

Should go back and look what I did.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's yer Ascension 2 done with Defect. Took a chance with a portal pretty early in the 3rd floor. Warped into Deca/Donu with only 52hp, but thanks to a combo of Echo form, Capacitor and loads of ice to hold them off I was able to block most damage. Getting electrodynamics around half way through the fight made it all much easier. 

5ekp7MH.jpg
  • Nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!