Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I messed up and lord knows where I saved the screen grab, but I just destroyed A3 with Ironclad.

Dead Branch Relic gives you a new random card when a card gets exhausted. 2 Apparition or whatever the one that makes skills exhaust and grabbing exhaust heavy cards throughout. Did some ridiculous things.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Roujin wrote:

Watch this Face if you want to see some great dead branch shenanigans, with Rouj smashing it.

Btw that blue rope relic can be tasty. It fires your rightmost orb twice per turn. Never had that before.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So close on Ascension 1 with The Silent. My weakness? No energy relic. Proves the point that you really need energy to be able to enact your tactics. I had a couple of outmaneuvers, but I could never get a break when I could give up the energy to use them.

rhNYBqu.jpg
  • I’ve gone sour on Outmanoeuvre over time, it cuts into your turn and unless you’ve pulled Well Laid Plans early enough it feels a bit dead in your hand.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep that's how it felt. I could never find the right time to use it. I should have taken the energy relic that doesn't let you get gold, it's a tricky call as you don't want to pass up any chance to get a good relic at the shop.
  • I think your deck is a bit unwieldy too? I dunno how your games went but 3x Bouncing Flask seems like too many especially if you not got an energy relic.

2x Grand Finale seems like a nightmare to use most of the time - take it they were pandora pickups? I’m actually surprised you managed to get through on that little block though, that’s real impressive.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I had that event that transformed my strikes and defends and it all pretty much went out the window at that point. I’m also still relatively new to The Silent. I don’t get the synergy or understand the deck yet, except more poison more poison. Though obviously with your comment around bouncing flasks. Think I had two then as my deck grew unwieldy I thought stuff add another to increase my chances of pulling the card. It’s definitely something I need to police a bit more.
  • Block is super powerful as the Silent, I think she has the most block generation synergy of all the characters, the danger with her is that you don’t balance that with damage, it’s a tough game.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wel I'm determined to "get" her, so any advice is always appreciated.
  • More bouncing flasks. They're better than standard poison and cost the same.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bouncing Flask is 2 EP. Normal poison is 1.
  • Oh yeah.
  • Can't remember why I like them now.
  • From what I know:

Neutralise is amazing, often priority upgrade as it helps against two of the act one elites and two of the bosses (the two it is bad against are Sentries and Slime Boss for obvious reasons)

Die Die Die and Dagger Spray are priority pickups, they’re your best front loaded AoE. Noxious Funes is your scaling AoE and in general just a ridiculous card for 1 Energy, especially with poison relics. Backstab is also very good for early damage, the innate property makes it very strong.

The core of any Silent run seems to be about diversifying your output whilst blocking well. For that, certain block cards are unreal - dodge and roll and blur are incredible for their cost, though the latter is sort of contingent on you being good with your block already. Cloak and Dagger is incredible, especially upgraded (block and attack for 1 energy) and is hard to recommend against taking in great quantities.

A lot of silent play is about drawing what you need and to do that, Backflip is king as it lets you block and mill your deck simultaneous. Well Laid Plans is amazing, especially if you can get it upgraded easily, as it lets you save key cards like Malaise and Piercing Wail for the turns you need them. Other good Powers are Caltrops and Dexterity, the former wrecking Birds and Book of Stabbing, the latter making your block game even stronger.

There are powerful rare cards like Bullet Time and Nightmare but be wary of taking them unless you can make them work,

Adrenaline is an auto pick most times, but be wary of cards that sound good on paper but might not add much, like Outmaneuver, Well Prepared, Grand Finale, Tools of the Trade, Accuracy, etc Try and and think about what they are adding and when theya add it. There’s a card that lets you draw three and discard one, that’s very good later in the game but dead weight in Act 1.

She has insane relic synergy with stuff like Kunai and Shuriken because Blade Dance and Cloak and Daggeer guarantee three attacks without asking much in terms of energy or card play.

Don’t be afraid of cards like Dash and Glass Knife that seem to be a bit one trick, sometimes you just need to be able to hit hard and poison and shivs don’t always do it.

Be aware that despite all of this I still have a terrible win rate with her. I still think all of this is more useful info that talking about Poison/Shiv decks.
  • Also shout out to Poisoned Stab for working hilariously well in certain decks too, and Bane for sounding amazing but universally sucking past Act 1.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Tempy. I’m doing a run now and trying to mix up my deck a bit. I can be a bit stubborn sometimes where I think my plan will work if on RNG blesses me. But then I ignore cards I think have little value. Gaining insight into why using certain cards is good is always useful.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And I had two grand finales in my hand. Managed to use them three times but ultimately it’s a massively random chance of you getting a 0 draw deck anyway.
  • There’s a good JoINrbs video on card and their jobs which tries to break down why certain cards are worse or better than they seem, but the best thing about this game is there is nearly always a scenario where a card will work.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Got my Silent through Ascension 1 with to some heavy blocking (thanks for the tip @Tempy). Was a close fought final fight with the Awakened one and I think if it had been Time Keeper I'd have been toast.

20190120214938-1.jpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wow, two rows of relics! @Boris.

Got my first silent win. Feel like I slightly cheated as I started the act 2 boss Friday and I didn't have the best start, but abandoned it early to catch a movie. Continued the run today and got my first win against the Time Eater too.
    6EhREaC.jpg

Only Ironclad left for a victory.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah decided to be brave and go after elites and got the relic that gives you two relics per elite win. And sometimes I actually find the elites easier to deal with than than the normal guys.

Well done Nina! Don’t think it’s cheating to take a break :-)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thanks to Temps' advice. Bare shiv build, doing between 9 and 21 damage per shiv once the build got going. Soemtimes having 8-11 shivs at once:

qhxGwIK.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice!! I haven’t yet managed to build up enough shivs through a run. Then I chicken out and fall back on poison. May have to give it another shot.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its hilarious when it gets going. I got good RNG on the card draws though, it was touch and go with Donu and Deca
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have booked my holiday. I need this on iOS by the time that comes around.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ascension 3 Defect Claw run finally. Been trying several times to get a claw deck. Surprising how much All For One came around even though I only had one card.

YiEHfs7.jpg

Going for the heart before I progress to 4
  • Ooooh, time to change the thread title!
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nailed it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just had my favourite ever run. Feed, Spot Weakness, Bloodletting+, Reaper, Inflame and 6 x Anger+

Absolutely fucking destroyed everything. Anger is a card I've avoided but fuck me when you get a few its genuinely ridiculous.

2kuek22.jpg

Fucking lol:

xebrTre.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!