Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Oh wow. Seemingly meh hand turned epic with defect.

Had a bit of a mixed deck going, waiting for something to drop and turn it one way or other.

Never really had much but a couple of white noise giving me random power cards, and then biased cognition dropped just as I got the relic that clears debuffs for playing power/skill/attack. (so got the +4 focus, and then cleared losing focus per turn.)

Ended up with 8+ focus consistently and just fucked everyone up. Amazing.

A12 done. Now for silent. Oh oh.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I have this on Switch. 

Allow me to pester you veterans over the course of the next few months.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Right, so. Ages back I arranged an interview with Jorbs of StS fame. I did it and it was really good, but I struggled transcribing it through a mix of being busy and being depressed. I thought I had plenty of time to do it cos the Editor I was working with said "no deadline" but then two months or so passed and when I finally got it done, I sent it off, didn't hear anything, and then got told "no deadline" means "a few weeks". So they never ran it. Plus the commission was 1500 words, and I couldn't shorten it past 2500 myself (the transcription came to around 6500 words) and they didn't want to edit it. I've tried getting it published elsewhere, but no-one is currently biting. So since the game is out on Switch today, I thought maybe some of you folks would be interested in reading it as I know a lot of you don't YouTube. Somewhere might still take it, so I'll let you know if I ever get it out there, but until then you can have my draft, pre-edited version.
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    O here it is. I was searching in the Switch thread.
  • I really enjoyed that Tempy.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Ooer
  • Good read temps. 

Just did a12 with Silent. Lucked out on getting bullet time straight away. Allowed me to set up some awesome power card buffs pretty consistently.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a good read. Can hear his voice when reading it. Is that the 2500 word version?

And good stuff on the Asc 12 run Face
  • It was yeah.

Keeps getting rejected from every site I pitch it to despite everyone who reads it telling me it’s good. Very annoying.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Could it be repurposed as a podcast with transcript for the full unedited version? Or does that not work as an option? I would have thought site owners would want different content for different audience needs.
  • Do you always restart the acts ? Completed the first yesterday and played Act 2 , played today and started 1 again
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Do you always restart the acts ? Completed the first yesterday and played Act 2 , played today and started 1 again

If a run ends, yes
  • So you always start at the beginning, every game ?
  • You could play one game for hours ?
  • If you die you start again, it's a roguelike. If you don't die, you can continue where you left off.

A run can take as long as you want but they tend to be about an hour or two in length if you win.
  • Will strim some of this tonight when I get home, I didn't move to the city to still deal with shitass train delays though!!!!

Hopefully strim online around 9-9:30.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Aw yiss, spire slaying from 21:00, fuck you Thameslink!

http://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    So you always start at the beginning, every game ?

Just so we're clear, you need to save and quit if you want to stop and you haven't died.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    So you always start at the beginning, every game ?

Just so we're clear, you need to save and quit if you want to stop and you haven't died.

That’s good to know, cheers. But at least with the Switch I can put it on standby

• This is out on Switch already? Why isn't this thread bursting at the seams? Actually how long had it been out? Takes about a week to get addicted.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Can't say it's living up to the hype so far. It's v good but all pretty generic as far as deck builders go, for now.

Will crack on with it over the next week or so.
  • Too busy playing.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Can't say it's living up to the hype so far. It's v good but all pretty generic as far as deck builders go, for now.

Will crack on with it over the next week or so.

You'll learn.
  • Yeah Franny I love you and your love of card games but you're so wrong on this one, it's a GOAT.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Gonna be great to watch someone else post the inevitable “I don’t get the appeal” followed quickly by “this is the best thing ever” later followed by “I could play this so much better”.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Yeah Franny I love you and your love of card games but you're so wrong on this one, it's a GOAT.

I expect I am, look forward to delving further. On the surface its nowt I haven't seen before is all in saying.
    b0r1s wrote:
    Gonna be great to watch someone else post the inevitable “I don’t get the appeal” followed quickly by “this is the best thing ever” later followed by “I could play this so much better”.

I've played and own ALOT of deck builders as I'm a huge boardgame nerd so might just take a bit longer with it to wow me.

Also,
    FranticPea wrote:
    It's v good

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Too busy playing.

Right answer
  • It happened to me one night, the addiction. I was enjoying it, getting to the last map a fair bit, and then it just happened. I think it was an absolute beast of a win over Book of Stabbing when it all came together. It was ectasy, and I played on until the morning.
  • I should give Defect more attention but frankly it pales next to Silent and Ironclad.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Used to be my favourite. Now the least.

Just done my first successful Silent run on Switch. Heavy defence with moderate poison build.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!