Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Aye, that's what got me killed with the final boss. Well not actually killed as I kind of rage quitted. He's probably still there as I didn't click abandon run.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I have a confession...
    After two failed third act boss deaths, I save scummed because of two bad draws that completely screwed me over. On the reload I breezed it.

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Even now this game continues to surprise me. Just reached the heart, a20 with silent. 36 card deck (im most often 22-24)
  • Even now this game continues to surprise me.

And again. I've just got through act 2 a20 with a deck that contains no block. Probably going to get spanked by the boss but lets see
  • hunk wrote:
    . Divinity is key to doing damage. .

You gotta stop doing this.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    hunk wrote:

Cut me some slack, I'm still learning!
    Act 4 boss slaughtered me ...
    Will have another go tommorow.
  • Act... 4????
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The heart act. Small but painfully tough.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I really didn’t think it was possible to get through a20 with a deck containing no block. Fell just short of reaching the act3 boss in the end. Got fucked by those spikes that counter hit. My deck sadly had no way of dealing with them

Will try and take a pic of the deck when I get home for anyone who might be interested how it can work
  • The heart act. Small but painfully tough.

Ah yes. Only ever went for it once. I’m just trying to (on and off) do the ascensions for now.
  • I wish you could choose whether to go in at the point when it’s important. I had a great run that got counted as a loss because I’d collected all the heart bits and got beaten by the heart (more critically beaten to a pulp by the duo before him)
  • hunk wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Cut me some slack, I'm still learning! Act 4 boss slaughtered me ... Will have another go tommorow.

The number one thing you can learn in this game is that no class has a correct way or a best way to build their deck. You should use the cards that are offered, in addition to what you know about upcoming floors to try and make a deck that deals with the challenges ahead.

Example: Ironclad going into Act 2, you have an Enflame and a Heavy Blade. You get offered a Demon Form or an Immolate. Which do you pick? Demon form synergises well with the heavy blade, but is that better than a high damage AOE spell on a floor that contains the 3 birds, the slavers, the red mask gang, the pickpockets and the goblin king, with the potential of getting 2 bosses with super annoying mobs?

Can you cycle your heavy blade fast enough to end multi enemy fights quickly? Or would Immolate allow you to mop up mobs and weak enemies so that the heavy blade can finish the biggest enemy?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Cheers for the tips rouj.
    Will certainly help with ascension attempts. Haven't tried that part yet as I was preoccupied with watcher runs.

All I've done so far is try to get the system to go 'haywire' to see if, how and when it breaks with a character. You can basically do it with all 4 but watcher is by far the most fragile. She's ridiculously powerful tho.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wraith with one of those cards that that increases damage the longer you hold it is epic.
  • Well I still don't know what you all mean by heart runs or Ascension levels, but i did beat the level 3 boss for the first time last night, with IC. :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nice one! That means you've unlocked your first Ascension with Ironclad.
  • Ta. So is that just same again but harder?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yes. Broadly.
  • I was sure I was bored of this game but watching the recent jorbs vids has really helped refine my game and got me back into it. Win average is about 30% at a20 excluding defect. Almost always getting to act 3 too
  • this is my favourite game of all time without a doubt. It's ridiculous that I've played 600 real life hours and almost none of it was spent idling at menu screens. Actually 600 actual hours of thinking and clicking and calculating spread over 18 months of having this addiction; by far the most I have ever played a game. Literally 3x more than anything else. 

It's crazy, I don't think there has ever been a single-player mode I kept on playing just for the sake of improving*. There are no  more waypoints to pass but I keep on playing. All goals have been reached. but there is still soooo much room for improvement. Every run is winnable, and I don't think I'll be thouroughly bored of this until that's happening

*edit- okgeometry wars
  • Jorbs is actually ridiculous.
  • Re-downloaded this on PC last night - the iPad version, which ought to be the perfect platform for it, has some really irritating usability issues - eg, blocking the card stats with your finger when you try and move it, wherever on the card you touch.
  • Also, accidentally playing a card when all you wanted to do was scroll them.
  • Yes. It’s defo an afterthought port.
    The touch interface should be perfect for this game but it’s cobbled on.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Jorbs is actually ridiculous.

Jorbs is the way.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Ta. So is that just same again but harder?

This is when the game goes from good to stellar to bonafide genius. As you go from asc1 to asc20 the game reveals itself as the masterpiece it is. Especially after asc7, you'll learn how intrictate and subtle it is.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Jorbs is actually ridiculous.
    Jorbs is the way.

Keep meaning to watch his vids. I’m taking a break now anyway while I delve into Hades.
  • I was sure I was bored of this game but watching the recent jorbs vids has really helped refine my game and got me back into it. Win average is about 30% at a20 excluding defect. Almost always getting to act 3 too

If you have the temperament you should consider online poker as a way to make some cash on the side.
  • Watcher has so many cards that seem like a good idea. I am so bad at context with her at higher assension. Going for ac15. Have made act 3 boss once. And that was a limp and died second turn.
  • Just when you think you're out....

Just had a great strength run with IC on A3.
    Donut Diamond as act 3 boss.
    Down to just Donut on 112 health I upped strength to 100 and dealt 500+ damage with Heavy Blade. Its a simple strat but I love it when it pans out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!