Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That should be contractual though. You may not always want to do that. There are ? Rooms and relic that help make strikes better. Unless my deck is starting to go a certain way if I enter a shop and don’t want anything then I’ll hold on to the cash for the next shop.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    I tend to prioritise ditching strikes and defends at shops now. Unless there's something really worth having. It's a weird adjustment to make from most other types of game, where there's no penalty for hoarding. Refusing a reward seems so counterintuitive, but it's sometimes key to success.

Qfpt
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Once you start removing strikes you'll thank us. Gold really isn't that important.
  • For those wanting to see how less cards is good, take the option to remove 2 cards right at the start a couple of times. And notice how often your good 2 energy card appears in early fights.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow wrote:
    I see between Switch and PC I have about a hundred hours put into this, which is loads for me. Then I see how many hours you lunatics have played for. I mean, don't you have any other things in life to do, even other games?

Give it two years and you'll be the same.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've had it for two years!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Seriously, how can anyone find the time to put literally thousands of hours into a game?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Seriously, how can anyone find the time to put literally thousands of hours into a game?

Dual screen WFH.
  • Got lots of reasons for excessive play recently. I lost a my job. There are no jobs available. Can’t meet friends. Too cold for outdoors activities. Couldn’t afford to do anything interesting with my free time even if that was an option, which it isn’t. Girlfriend works more than a full time job so seeing her isn’t often an option. Hence I’m still slaying every day
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's still a nuts amount of time.
  • Yea I know. It’s basically an hour a day since I had the game. Def could have used the time for something more constructive.
  • It's digital crack I tells ye.
    Also, brain training so no guilt here.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kow wrote:
    I've had it for two years!

That means nothing. I've got games I've never played. But you're playing it now alright. Once it clicks you're fucked.
  • You're going to say it's clicked after 100 hours. You're wrong.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's more a case of I couldn't physically put that many hours into it even if I wanted to. I have other things to do. Like sleep and eat and work.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    To get to even a thousand hours you'd have to put in ten hours a week, every week for two years straight. That's crazy.
  • Lockdown, Covid and working at home will have that effect.
    Also, steam hrs played is a very inaccurate metric.
    I sometimes forget I have a game running in the background on pause which can really add up over time.
  • Kow wrote:
    To get to even a thousand hours you'd have to put in ten hours a week, every week for two years straight. That's crazy.

I play with the boy and we both love it so it's 'quality time'. According to my Steam stats that makes me the best parent ever. Also, it really did make him faster at adding up stuff in his head. The Watcher was basically a big maths lesson.
  • I've 'only' put about 300hrs into this on the Switch and I'm beginning to think I might have a problem. It's just too easy to pick up between meetings whilst working at home, or when the other half is watching shite telly.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Forgot to mention, I also began a taking a Ritalin prescription a few months ago, around the time my work hours got cut to just one day per week. This has definitely been a big factor in excessive play
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm not sure you're selling your case here. (lol winky)
  • Probably been posted before but what the hey:
  • After saying that I couldn’t buy a win with defect, I just absolutely battered the time dude for the big win. 
    Had to save scum the fight twice because of impatient misclicks but feelsgoodman.gig
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Picked this up again after a break. Haven’t really played with Watcher much. 

Question: is Judgement basically a heavy hitting card for just 1 energy cost?! I upgraded it and seems I can just kill anyone under 40hp?!

At first, I didn’t understand what Mark did and thought it was shit. Would be good if I had more than 1 pressure points card?

Edit; deleted something I now understand.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pressure points cards can really stack up.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I've 'only' put about 300hrs into this on the Switch and I'm beginning to think I might have a problem. It's just too easy to pick up between meetings whilst working at home, or when the other half is watching shite telly.

I start the mornings booting the PC up with the intention of starting work and then play StS instead for the first hour. I'm doing quite intense problems right now so I alternate between doing work and gaming and it works out well. If the work side is going well I concentrate on that and if the StS is going well I do that instead. More often than not it's 40 mins on one and the same time the other and StS suits this perfectly.
  • When I own my own software company I'll make it compulsory to play it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Picked this up again after a break. Haven’t really played with Watcher much.  Question: is Judgement basically a heavy hitting card for just 1 energy cost?! I upgraded it and seems I can just kill anyone under 40hp?! At first, I didn’t understand what Mark did and thought it was shit. Would be good if I had more than 1 pressure points card? Edit; deleted something I now understand.

Judgement is awesome. It's basically a counter to some really annoying enemies throughout the game.

1. First area: dudes who entangle you. You can still use judgement because it's a skill (see also marks).

2. Shieldy blob in second area. Just kills him. Dead. Shields be damned. 

3. Handy vs elites and those spike fucks in the third too. 

There's other spots where it works as well. 

I'm not sure what the jorbs of the world say about Marks, but I've found they can be fun, and effective for early runs, but I don't know that they stack enough damage for high ac runs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Mark’s I don’t take too often now. I find they only work on long run elites like stone head and there are better ways to take care of him. Judgement is one of my favourite cards. It’s just great
  • Well, followed the advice about getting rid of strikes and defends and it worked first time, straight into asc2 with the silent. So cheers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!