Killer apps(games) / System sellers
  • I feel I should just reiterate that if there's not actually anything seriously worth getting a particular console for, then do say so. Don't feel like you have to have a game for every one.

In that case I'll take the 32X, PS2 and Vita off my lists.  I had Pro Evo 6 as the reason to own a PS2, which despite being a very Sony/dual shock game for me was also on Xbox.  It had plenty of very good games but Ico is probably the closest to a killer app exclusive for me, and I wouldn't quite consider that worth buying a console for.  The Vita is a monstrous indie machine and would make a strong showing on my all-time consoles list, but again, perhaps no exclusive to really hang my hat on (much as I love Motorstorm RC).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, I have just realised that there was one other game that sold me a system: Doom, although that PC was ostensibly for homework.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Don’t forget my vital input:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Halo sold me an Xbox.

That is literally the only game that I’ve bought a console for.

I bought you a console for Destiny if that counts.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not sure it does, I was playing Destiny already on 360, the Bone allowed me to play it with Boners. It was the community that sold me a Bone, not a specific game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!