The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I kniw but im literally meh about series x

Ok, but meh how? And how are you not meh about the PS5? As nothing is really known about either aside from some specs.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I’ll get both. But if anyone is on the fence, thinking about decision making now before anything has really been shown is nuts?! I’ll be the same as usual, PS for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else.

Now that’s blinkered when PS4 3rd party stuff consistently out performed bone stuff. Unless friends list but still a bold claim
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Monster pc and ps5 will do me for the next 5 years or so. Must get some income first, I suppose.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I can afford both, but dont have time for both

This is a lesson I swear I’ll learn every gen but I never do...

PC game pass now means at least there’s no way I’ll buy an Xbox whilst that’s kicking about.  Suppose it means MS get my £8 a month (or whatever the mystery cost is) for all eternity at least though?  Better than the few games I’ve bought for their machine over the past 7 years or so.
  • Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I’ll get both. But if anyone is on the fence, thinking about decision making now before anything has really been shown is nuts?! I’ll be the same as usual, PS for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else.

Now that’s blinkered when PS4 3rd party stuff consistently out performed bone stuff. Unless friends list but still a bold claim

Nah, I can’t stand the pad, the OS, loved the exclusives but it was hard playing with that pad and OS with downloads etc. New pad might be better, new OS might be. But I doubt it for me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:

This is a lesson I swear I’ll learn every gen but I never do...

PC game pass now means at least there’s no way I’ll buy an Xbox whilst that’s kicking about.  Suppose it means MS get my £8 a month (or whatever the mystery cost is) for all eternity at least though?  Better than the few games I’ve bought for their machine over the past 7 years or so.

And that's exactly what they want. They don't care if it's on a pc or an xbox.
  • We’ve just been talking ‘bout that....

Edit

@vere not goobs
  • Minkymu wrote:
    This is a lesson I swear I’ll learn every gen but I never do... PC game pass now means at least there’s no way I’ll buy an Xbox whilst that’s kicking about.  Suppose it means MS get my £8 a month (or whatever the mystery cost is) for all eternity at least though?  Better than the few games I’ve bought for their machine over the past 7 years or so.
    And that's exactly what they want. They don't care if it's on a pc or an xbox.

Exactly.  I’m everyone’s perfect customer this coming gen, then.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    I kniw but im literally meh about series x

Ok, but meh how? And how are you not meh about the PS5? As nothing is really known about either aside from some specs.

I may end up getting neither tbh. Obvs i need to see the full reveals first, but i need to be excited. I am not currently excited by any MS stuff.

I remember the 360 reveal and being like omfg i want that. Maybe its my age?

But tge series x is literally doing nothing for me. I hate how it looks, the pads not even trying, and another Halo game? Yawn. MS are going to trot out the same franchises they do every launch. Forza and halo and maybe fable. I just cant get excited.

I may be equally jaded once Sony shows its hand.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Nah, I can’t stand the pad, the OS, loved the exclusives but it was hard playing with that pad and OS with downloads etc. New pad might be better, new OS might be. But I doubt it for me.

Just get one of those usb converters that let you use any pad on any system. I did it for Switch and its was flawless using elite pad
  • Still a bold claim
    Bone for everything else when your putting up with worse software

Still that might flip
    This gen.

All to play for
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’ll go for a PS5 at launch just as long as there’s at least one compelling game in the initial lineup.  Doubt I’ll get Series X until the new Fable’s out.
    Get schwifty.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Just get one of those usb converters that let you use any pad on any system. I did it for Switch and its was flawless using elite pad

I looked into it a few times but it was like £100 and it had to be wired? Already have to wire in the DualShock every time though I hardly use it, I swear the battery in it must be defective or something.
  • Bob wrote:
    Still a bold claim
    Bone for everything else when your putting up with worse software.

Perhaps, but the differences are so slight for the vast, vast majority of games.

I'll probably get both eventually. Not sure. Still interested to see what Sony do with VR but my FL is Xbox and I like the pad more and Game Pass means I basically have Infinite games to play so I'll likely go with Series X day 1 unless something wild AF happens to change my mind.
  • Thats why ms uses aa batteries . They also suck as mine always die mid death match
    PSN - minkymu
  • I’m fine with specific reasons - it’s blanket claims I take issue with i mean I’m
    Not
    Losing sleep but you know ...
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Which blanket claims?
  • At least Sony are trying with the new dual sense design. Thumb sticks are horrible still tho
    PSN - minkymu
  • I’ll be the same as usual, PS for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else.

The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How is that a blanket claim?
  • It's Vere's opinion though? He's not said the Xbox is better just than for him that's what he'll plan to do
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Everything else covers a lot of blankets in my book
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's a duvet allegation
  • Yeah for sure like I said he’s entitled to it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    I’ll be the same as usual, PS for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else because it's better.

Bobvision
  • Minkymu wrote:
    At least Sony are trying with the new dual sense design. Thumb sticks are horrible still tho

How do you know this?
  • Minkymu wrote:
    At least Sony are trying with the new dual sense design. Thumb sticks are horrible still tho

I see what you’re saying, but no reason to change things just for the sake of it. What could they really change? I liked the speaker on the DS pad but it was never really used, the touchpad I can’t remember using and you’d imagine first party would be the ones to use it. You don’t wanna add stuff just for the sake of it.
    Bob wrote:
    I’ll be the same as usual, PS for its exclusives and Xbox for everything else.
    I don’t think that’s a blanket claim dude, that’s just what I actually choose by choice.
  • Minkymu wrote:

How do you know this?

Playstation thumb pads are always in the wrong place for my tastes

PSN - minkymu
  • I dunno man i was just expecting a bit more ergonomic evolution. Instead of the porsche 911 approach. Its the new one honestly.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I dunno man i was just expecting a bit more ergonomic evolution. Instead of the porsche 911 approach. Its the new one honestly.

Totally get what you mean dude. I’d have liked a speaker and a lot more usage for it, but aside from that I just don’t know what else I’d want. Then again I don’t think I want any other pad than the elite ever. Elite 3 with speaker.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!