Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I do hope they were severely discriminated against for slowing the lobby down at the start of each race

There was much disdain and mockery.

Countered with couldn't-give-a-fuckery.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Like Gandalf, Yoss returns at the turning of the tide.

Good to see you back Yoss.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I do hope they were severely discriminated against for slowing the lobby down at the start of each race

97-974616_troll-face-meme-angry-happy-mad-mask-fake.png
  • Yossarian wrote:

Genuinely, I think it’s fantastic that the backwards compatible nature of Xbox (and likely PS5) means that those who haven’t ‘upgraded’ (be it because of budget, desire or availability of stock), can still be a part of online multiplayer.

This could be a fantastic generation for gaming.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I do agree with that.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    blue_loading.gif

Snigger

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • There was disdain and mockery
    Countered by couldn't give a fuckery

Happy Christmas your arse
    I pray God its our last

AND THE BOYS OF THE NYPD CHOIR
  • Warzone is looking and playing real nice on this new machine it has to be said. I don't have many faults with the game but now it's really great. Most things seem sound. I've had issues tho no doubt.

Hello back Yoss mate. What ya playing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mostly Tetris Effect, but I also picked up Hotline Miami in that sale recently so am finally getting to experience that with slightly better controls than my laptop’s trackpad and keyboard.
  • I've changed my mind umpteen times already but I'm looking at a series S again now.  The PS5 full fat is a lock, will be ordering one as soon as I can, but the S is such a niceprice I'm thinking why not go (almost) full moran?  I wasn't going to get both initially, planning for 'eventually' instead, but it's not like waiting will bring the price down much further than 249.  

The lack of discs is only a problem for games like The Falconeer, and that hasn't quite worked out for me anyway as I bought it on Bone and it's heading for a [6] anyway.  I'm not a fan of the digital only thing, but I reckon I could stomach downloading the once in a blue moon Xbox exclusive non gamepass titles.  I'd have the PS5 for Sony exclusives and must play third party games and the S for gamepass into the next gen.  Memory isn't an issue either, I only really play one or two games at once and I've been fine with the amount of space available on the One S. 

I don't have a 4KTV in the house and the ailing 720p burn-in monster in the front room is due to be replaced imminently with a 1080p projector (much excite), so unless my upstairs telly dies I'll be merely 'full HD' for the foreseeable future.  Which leads to the most important question in all this waffle - is the Series S really going to provide 1080/60fps gaming going forward?  Shinies aren't my bag if they come at the expense of framerate, so stuff like the 4K/30 vs 1080/60 Miles Morales predicament isn't even a question for my tastes, I'd go smooth all day long (even if I had a new TV).  I don't want to jump in on the Xbox Series S and find myself regretting my decision when FH5 maxes out at 30fps on it.
  • I went with an S with a similar outlook to yours Moot. It's certainly capable - the update for Warzone makes it look really nice and it's buttery smooth. I got a bit caught out with the disc thing though. Can't play Dark Souls or Modern Warfare now but time to move on anyway I suppose. Once the teething issues from a new launch have been ironed out I reckon an S is a no brainer going forward.
  • Fuck it, I'm getting one :)

One more question, sorry.  If I had a Series S with ultimate gamepass, and a One S in another room running from the same subscription, could I play online mp using a screen each?  I'd like to play Grounded in two player when it's finished, but there's no split screen mode.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    10000000000%
  • Massively chuffed with this, hadn't even considered it until just now.
  • After the initial cross-generation titles, I’d expect the S to settle into 1080/30 and the X doing a dynamic 4K/60. 120 will be reserved for the simpler titles like Ori, or multiplayer titles with smaller play areas.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You just put both profiles on both machines. Make the other Xbox your home Xbox and Bob's yer uncle. Everything shared and can play games simultaneously. Similar to PS.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    You just put both profiles on both machines. Make the other Xbox your home Xbox and Bob's yer uncle. Everything shared and can play games simultaneously. Similar to PS.
    Nice.  Definitely not similar to Switch then, Tilly can't even play Splatoon 2 on cart while I'm playing a digital game because she's installed Octo Expansion.
    Syph79 wrote:
    After the initial cross-generation titles, I’d expect the S to settle into 1080/30 and the X doing a dynamic 4K/60.

This is what's been putting me off backing the S though.  30fps should be dead by now imo, I'd be gutted if I signed up to that going forward.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Make the other Xbox your home Xbox and Bob's yer uncle.

Oh no.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Nice.  Definitely not similar to Switch then, Tilly can't even play Splatoon 2 on cart while I'm playing a digital game because she's installed Octo Expansion.
    Syph79 wrote:
    After the initial cross-generation titles, I’d expect the S to settle into 1080/30 and the X doing a dynamic 4K/60.
    This is what's been putting me off backing the S though.  30fps should be dead by now imo, I'd be gutted if I signed up to that going forward.
    My guess from the specs would be that whatever the Series X does at 4k, the Series S should be able to do that at 1080.
    so if it's 4k/60, there's a good chance you'll get 1080/60. if 4k/30 then 1080/30 more likely.
    the risk/problem is if some devs choose to push series X in a way that it maxes out at 1080p....then whatever you get on Series S is likely going to be a bigger compromise.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Just buy a Series X Moot. You know that's the sensible thing to do for someone that plays as many games as you, and who worries about the technical capabilities of the hardware. You're not just some casual that only wants a machine for FIFA and CoD. *winkysmiley at S owners*
    If you buy an S now, then you might well live to regret it. 
    If this is just FOMO. Then don't buy anything just now. Just wait it out. 
    There is no compelling reason to buy an xbox as well as a PS5 at the moment, and you already have a PS5 coming, so either go big...or just wait and see how actual new games pan out technically on the S before deciding. Ultimately, you're just tying yourself in knots over a decision that doesn't really have to be made at this point in time.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think G man is fully right - I'd say for both consoles you can easily and logically play the waiting game. Obviously on a games forum, seeing others with the new next gen console amplifies the FOMO - I don't need a Series X as I get my Gamepass on PC, but bah garruh do I want one based on reading threads.

You've already been jammy enough to get one of the two new systems, so I would say just enjoy that one and see what happens down the line.
  • I'd agree. The series S is a nice little console but frankly I don't think it's optimised, and unless it takes right off I don't see game Devs optimising for it for a while. There's fucking clipping on destiny 2, it's like ridge Racer on PSX
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • No jamminess yet unfortunately, I didn't order either when they first went up because I was too busy tying myself in knots on here.  Hoping to secure a big PS5 in time for Christmas by ordering this week. The S is the only one I've held as a pre-order, they didn't seem to sell out for a while on Amazon...then I cancelled because of digital only fretting.   

Waiting it out is the most sensible advice all round, I usually do with new consoles (last one I had day one was a Wii iirc), but without meaning to rub it in as obviously many many people are currently struggling, the disposable income coffers are well stocked at the mo.  All the bullshit has been quite kind to me in one way or another.  My entire household is even getting paid handsomely per week to take part in an ongoing covid study *jammy klaxon sounds*.  

I think I'm back to waiting for the X again, thanks all.  I'm very easily swayed, see.  So next time I try to change my mind in here feel free to tell me to fuck off.

Edit: Plus what kind of numpty frets about which next gen pairing to go for while knowing full well most of the games they'll end up hosting could run on a Vita.
  • MS really should have mandated something like all games on Series X must support 4k, and then Series S version must be 1080 min with matching framerate.
    Then again, maybe they will do with actual Series' exclusives...i guess currently most games are just current gen 'tweaked' and prob easier in that sense for devs to dial things up from One X to the Series X rather than optimise for the Series S, which is a big upgrade on One S but also lacking in some areas compared to one X
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Platform holders probably don’t want to mandate too much to developers, if demands start getting too onerous, it becomes easier for devs to just skip your platform.
  • I do wish xbox had do e something more with the controller, I actually like the new size and the textures on the pad and triggees are great.

Im going to say it... i have haptic envy
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I do wish xbox had do e something more with the controller, I actually like the new size and the textures on the pad and triggees are great. Im going to say it... i have haptic envy

Just buy an Elite pad. Then you'll never envy any pad ever again.
    Artist also known as Verecocha...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!