Movie Record: 2019 Edition!!
  • I quite enjoyed Tag.
    Made me wanna call my childhood mates again, lost contact recently :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I far preferred Game Night to Tag.

Just saw Us. It is well made, but tries to be too clever for its own good is my initial reaction. I intend to ponder it over to give it the benefit of the doubt. Definitely less instant appeal than Get Out.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Oh, I'm supposed to write something short here.
  • Forgot to add Game Night when I saw that a few weeks ago, I also quite liked it. Not as much as Tag, but those two and Blockers were all good fun.
  • Creed II - more or less precisely what I wanted from Rocky IV pt.2. [6].
  • JonB wrote:
    22/03 The Bourne Identity Haven't seen it in years. Still a solid action thriller. 23/03
    Following from this:

25/03
    The Bourne Supremacy
    Might as well do them all now. Similarly solid action thriller.*

* I'll add here though, that the action scenes can be pretty confusing because of the wobbly camera effect and constant cuts. I think it's worse than the first film here.
  • US - 
    Creepy and fun but a slight disappointment after Get Out. 8/10
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 2. Left Behind.

This film is spectacularly, impressively bad. I mean it's a Nic Cage film about the rapture, but however bad you think that means it will be it's worse. Nothing happens. Any time you suggest something the film could do it's far more interesting than what actually transpires. The writing is awful, and the acting is worse. This film does not do subtle at all.
  • Oh yea that was awful.
  • Yeah absolute stinker is Left Behind.
  • Does one have a quick browse of reviews before watching a film? I tend to canvas a general opinion via Rotten Tomatoes/IMDB before jumping in, unless there is something like the director or an actor featured that would make me sit through regardless. Does tend to keep the viewing level higher than jumping in blind.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Mandy - Whaaaaa?  Bonkers psychedelic revenge horror melting pot stirred by Cage being CAGE.  [6]*

*I really wish I'd liked it more, it deserved it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mandy - Whaaaaa?  Bonkers psychedelic revenge horror melting pot stirred by Cage being CAGE.  [6]*

*I really wish I'd liked it more, it deserved it.

I want to see it but I worry it’ll be too intense for me
  • Left Behind is probably the worst film I've ever seen.  I went in knowing it was bad, that was the point - we watched it with two bottles of red wine, ready to be entertained.  Turns out it was so awful there was nothing to be gained from it whatsoever.  A terrible 'midget gets knocked over lol' visual gag that would be the worst part of most films was actually the best bit.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Does one have a quick browse of reviews before watching a film? I tend to canvas a general opinion via Rotten Tomatoes/IMDB before jumping in, unless there is something like the director or an actor featured that would make me sit through regardless. Does tend to keep the viewing level higher than jumping in blind.

Almost always tbh, same with games.  There's too much choice not to these days.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mandy - Whaaaaa?  Bonkers psychedelic revenge horror melting pot stirred by Cage being CAGE.  [6]* *I really wish I'd liked it more, it deserved it.

What kind of intense are you looking to avoid?  Suspense/gore, or Cage's performance?  It is extremely gory in places.
  • 34. Enders Game - Fun film the Mrs enjoys watching, I always think it’s ok. Ok. 6/10
    35. Star Trek 09 - Still love this film, first scene to last, just a great movie. 8.5
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mandy - Whaaaaa?  Bonkers psychedelic revenge horror melting pot stirred by Cage being CAGE.  [6]* *I really wish I'd liked it more, it deserved it.

What kind of intense are you looking to avoid?  Suspense/gore, or Cage's performance?  It is extremely gory in places.

I suppose more in terms of suspense and gore
  • It’s about as intense as a nice bath, Cosmatos is a hack.
  • any sleeplessness will be blamed on you here Temps...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sit down tembo
  • JonB wrote:
    22/03
    The Bourne Identity
    Haven't seen it in years. Still a solid action thriller.
    Following from this:
    25/03
    The Bourne Supremacy
    Might as well do them all now. Similarly solid action thriller.* 

* I'll add here though, that the action scenes can be pretty confusing because of the wobbly camera effect and constant cuts. I think it's worse than the first film here.
    30/03
    The Bourne Ultimatum
    Marginally better action than the previous one, and slightly more daft with it.
  • American Psycho
    Yuppie nutjob Bale excels in dark, witty, novel adaptation. 8

Prisoners
    Outstanding abduction thriller. Gyllenhaal and Jackman on top form. 9
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Need to watch Prisoners again, I loved it.
  • It is very, very good. Had it on my Netflix list for a while.
  • Shot Caller
    Prison and gangs crime thriller. Film ok, mustaches bad. 6.5
  • Is that the one with the Game of Thrones guy? Think I got that off DS, was alright.
  • Aye that's the one. Dunno, didn't completely click with me. I had heard good things.
  • Triple Frontier - Enjoyed it but it was nothing special. Not buying the ending. [6]

Happy Death Day - Shit. [3]
  • Going to see Pete Semetary on Tuesday.
    Expecting it to be very average with some jump scares.
    I think I’ll be disappointed and the guys I’m seeing it with will love it.
    I loved US and they hated it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!